Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Airport
Crafty Offline

Likes Given: 0
Sex: Male
Airport
Hi All

I am going away for a couple of days in a few weeks and I am looking for some info on Vaping and airport security.
I will be going from Manchester.

Thanks
14/03/13 09:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
VapersJuice Offline
Maple Provari V2
Vendors

Likes Given: 59
RE: Airport
I got married in September 2012 in Cyprus. When we were at Gatwick departure lounge their was about 8 vapers chugging away. No issues. I also travel to Ireland once a month as I also have an outlet their and vape in Luton airport no problem. As for Manchester I don't know but I think if your discrete with it you will be fine.

As for security I've had no issues with my spinner, Provari, MVP, eVic nothing! I do pack the bigger mods in the case with the juice and just carry an ego battery with me in my pocket. Just drop it in the tray with your belt and you will be fine.

www.vapersjuice.com
5 The Arcade, Bedford, Bedfordshire. MK40 1NS
VapersJuice Bedford is a quality supplier of Electronic Cigarettes
(This post was last modified: 14/03/13 09:34 PM by VapersJuice. )
14/03/13 09:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Screwbag Offline
Archangel Vapor
Vendors

Likes Given: 66
Birmingham airport was cool with me vaping last I passed thru...

I'm just another pilgrim on the path to the perfect vape Wink
14/03/13 09:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
scotjer Offline

Likes Given: 18
I travelled a few times with vaping gear. I never vaped openly, I load up some extra strong juice (24mg in my case) and have a few puffs in the toilet etc.
Batteries should all go into hand luggage, juice bottles into the hold. I usually take a clearo on board and pop that into the clear plastic bags for liquids at security.
In Germany I was asked to open my hand luggage once to show the batteries (it was egos, they thought it was shells - "Haben Sie da etwa Patronen drin???"). All I got was some interest in how it works and the question if I have the juice bottles in the check-in luggage.

15/03/13 08:43 AM
Coops Offline
Forum Moderators

Likes Given: 651
Personally, I wouldn't take anything through an airport I wouldn't mind losing. There is so much inconsistency in what is and isn't allowed seemingly dependant on the individual employee. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising the individuals or the reasoning behind what they do, but batteries, electronics and liquid going onto a plane..........you can see why they'd be a bit twitchy.

Official Hitler Video Critic. EvilSmile

Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.
Jimi Hendrix.
15/03/13 09:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Governa Offline
Keep calm and Vape on

Likes Given: 143
Airport
I never had any problems traveling with my vaping gear and I do fly quite a lot but maybe you should call the Airport and ask them directly? At least if security starts getting annoying you'll have a better argument than "the guys at UK Vapers said it was ok". Better safe than sorry. Smiling

GP PAPS 2.1 #544 • Apollo VTube SS • eGo-C • Joye eVic • Siam Mods Cube v2
(This post was last modified: 15/03/13 09:24 AM by Governa. )
15/03/13 09:19 AM
Amazing Vape Offline
vendor
Vendors

Likes Given: 435
Never had any problems at airports and don't think I ever will. They seem to know exactly what things are and don't seem to care. On the other hand, if they don't know exactly what things are they don't seem to care either. Just follow the rules. A Mod is not a bomb. Cartos aren't bombs. Batteries aren't bombs. They can't be used as such. Anybody can see that.

15/03/13 10:42 AM
Libereni Offline

Likes Given: 25
Sex:
my bag goes through the staff search xray machine every day at least once and sometimes a jacket with an ecig in the pocket. Never been anything said at all. (usually an ego-T)
15/03/13 11:11 AM
Accies Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 782
Airport
Shouldn't have any issues m8. For peace of mind take a padded stamped envelope with you with your address on it. If anyone plays silly buggers and tell you that you aren't allowed something, put it in the envelope and give it to them. They have a duty to post it for you. That way you won't lose any gear. Smiling
15/03/13 11:12 AM
carlos Offline
Going Squonking lol

Likes Given: 776
What about Egypt, I've read its banned and going in August

carl
15/03/13 11:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)