Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
All these EVOD issues!! Read This.
KeithRidesWood Offline
Currently Steeping

Likes Given: 16
Sex: Male
All these EVOD issues!! Read This.
As many of you know, there are many unmarked EVOD's out there. the EVOD starter kits are branded on the battery and are fine. If however you purchase a cheap EVOD from a supplier and it is unbranded then it is a copy or a second(defected batch) regardless. The way to determine a genuine from a copy is simple for anyone.

In the image below you can see an EVOD atomizer stamped at 2.2ohms and a copy that is unstamped. Multiple customers buy from the internet and china which all have a DOA(Dead On Arrival) policy which eliminates product return. My advice to everyone is to check the atomiser marking and if unstamped; purchase a new one from an authorised dealer.

I hope that this is helpful to anyone. I myself purchased from china and it ended up in the bin an hour after arriving due to this problem. The learning curve continues. Thumbs Up
14/06/13 01:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
AW8 Offline

Likes Given: 1
RE: All these EVOD issues!! Read This.
I bought a kit from a vendor on here....It does not have ohm rating stamped and visible on any of the atomisers . EVOD Tank/Clearo case does not have wording on either.

To seek reassurance I have emailed the seller & asked them to clarify by email, (providing linking to this thread for reference).

I recall seeing a pic somewhere of EVOD atty with ohm stamp on same & have seen EVOD tanks with wording on too.

Q1 : Is there an internet link stating atomisers absent of ohm rating stamp are not genuine ?

Q2 : Is there a list/link of authorised uk sellers of Kanger products ?

Thanks
(This post was last modified: 14/06/13 07:21 PM by AW8. )
14/06/13 06:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Toby | iVapour Offline
eGoer
Vendors

Likes Given: 1,301
That's me! Smiling

The eVod 900 kits were a special order from Kanger direct, made by myself.

Kanger said they didn't have suitable box for 900mAh batts to fit, so it was decided to have them come in eGo case (which I prefer as it is like an added bonus to the kit).

I haven't compared eVod heads, but I know for a fact that many (or maybe most) do not have ohm rating stamped on them.

iVapour.co.uk - Janty UK Supplier; the original eGo.
iVapour-elixir.co.uk - Silver Bullet, mods, and spares.
The EU TPD is not a victimless crime...
14/06/13 07:03 PM
AW8 Offline

Likes Given: 1
Cheers for posting here Toby..........I didn't specifically name you initially as I thought it best to seek your response by email 1st. Thanks for your reply here & similarly by email.

Interested to see comments from OP & others in light of above comments

Also still keen to see answers from anyone re my 2 questions in my 1st reply Wink
(This post was last modified: 14/06/13 07:32 PM by AW8. )
14/06/13 07:16 PM
ChasH Offline
Silver surfing Rebirth and Death
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 922
Sex: Other
Popcorn
14/06/13 07:28 PM
anthropolyte Offline
He of the beautiful hands

Likes Given: 215
Sex: Undisclosed
Just had a proper look at mine, and - no ohm markings on the replacement heads or on the ones that came with them. However, they vape well, and I have no reason to suspect that they're fake (reputable supplier). As has been mentioned on other threads, I doubt there's much of a market for copies, given how little they cost.

Out of interest, has anyone experienced poor quality threading on theirs? I bought two, one purple and one black, and whilst the black one was fine, the purple one wouldn't screw down fully on an Ego Twist. I had it replaced, and the new one still has threading issues, both on the ego thread and where the tube screws onto the base. Quality control problems on some of the colours maybe?
14/06/13 08:51 PM
Thomas Offline
Chain vaper

Likes Given: 4
Whether you call it genuine or not, it´s all chinese mass production, including all the downsides of that.
Companies like Joyetech or Innokin have managed to use the wording "original" to their advantage, because for us original stands for high quality, while copy or fake stands for low quality and low price.
In other words, companies like Joyetech sell Chinese junk for European prices, Kanger is at least honest enough to keep the prices matching the quality.
That´s why there are 1001 copies of eGo-T and eGo-C out there, but none of T3 and EVOD.
But obviously that still means, you´re buying low quality products for low prices, bad or missing quality control is to be expected.

To my mind, if one or another replacement coil doesn´t work properly, while they cost only 0.85€ a piece, that´s far better than 3€ or 4€ a piece for Joyetech heads.
I don´t even bother trying to get them replaced, I redo them myself and that´s it.
14/06/13 11:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
whit77 Offline
Banned

Likes Given: 1,165
Sex: Undisclosed
Re: All these EVOD issues!! Read This.
Spot the fake Big Grin

14/06/13 11:41 PM
Toby | iVapour Offline
eGoer
Vendors

Likes Given: 1,301
There are copies out there and/or rebranded versions...
.. maybe perfectly good.. maybe not...

iVapour.co.uk - Janty UK Supplier; the original eGo.
iVapour-elixir.co.uk - Silver Bullet, mods, and spares.
The EU TPD is not a victimless crime...
14/06/13 11:48 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Toby | iVapour's post:
gooner1 (15/06/13)
zer0 Offline

Likes Given: 14
(14/06/13 11:41 PM)whit77 Wrote:  Spot the fake Big Grin

Are those the Fasttech ones made by Kamry? Got some on order, how do they vape once rewicked?
14/06/13 11:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)