Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are There Proper Vaping Classes I Can Attend?
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 214
Sex: Male
RE: Are There Proper Vaping Classes I Can Attend?
(11/01/17 11:44 PM)keepitgoin Wrote:  I'm in West Yorks, I'd give you a hand if you're up this way (I'm no genius, but I get a decent Vape and still cock up loads!) but surely there must be a decent Vape Shop in Nottingham who'll give you a hand. There is a quality Vape Shop, near the Bus Station, in Huddersfield (big up guys!) who will spend ages helping if you need it, surely Nottingham, as a much bigger place, must have a decent B&M??

Problem is, I buy all of my stuff online nowadays, so I don't have first-hand knowledge of the B&M shops. There is a local one who seem to sell fairly random hardware to those who call in.
11/01/17 11:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Bugsy Offline

Likes Given: 5
Sex:

(11/01/17 11:44 PM)keepitgoin Wrote:  I'm in West Yorks, I'd give you a hand if you're up this way (I'm no genius, but I get a decent Vape and still cock up loads!) but surely there must be a decent Vape Shop in Nottingham who'll give you a hand. There is a quality Vape Shop, near the Bus Station, in Huddersfield (big up guys!) who will spend ages helping if you need it, surely Nottingham, as a much bigger place, must have a decent B&M??

There is a great e-cig retail shop in Sherwood close to me where they are very helpful and knowledgable. They have given good advice to me before but I would be a bit sheepish to hog their time asking them to shepherd me through a coil rebuild. I could try it though and maybe buy some juice too! Thanks for the offer to help and if I was closer I'd surely accept Cool . Clapping
(This post was last modified: 12/01/17 12:03 AM by Bugsy.)
12/01/17 12:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Jazzy J Offline

Likes Given: 1,838
Are There Proper Vaping Classes I Can Attend?
When building your own you can struggle getting the correct amount of wick for the ports,
Too much and it wicks too slow too little it floods
When i started i was taught by a mate,
But also found a great shop in hockley
Thee vaporium,
They used to have a late night once every month or so for customers to come in and share info on builds and mixing etc, Not sure if they still do it but the staff are still
The same and can help out with advice on your build,

12/01/17 04:57 AM
Bugsy Offline

Sex:

(12/01/17 04:57 AM)Jazzy J Wrote:  When building your own you can struggle getting the correct amount of wick for the ports,
Too much and it wicks too slow too little it floods
When i started i was taught by a mate,
But also found a great shop in hockley
Thee vaporium,
They used to have a late night once every month or so for customers to come in and share info on builds and mixing etc, Not sure if they still do it but the staff are still
The same and can help out with advice on your build,

Thanks for the info Wink I'll take a trek into town and have a look.
12/01/17 05:22 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bugsy's post:
Jazzy J (12/01/17)
nisam Offline

Likes Given: 2,645
Sex:
It's s shame that Nathan left Sad

He was a Notts bloke who knew quite a bit and liked to share his knowledge.
12/01/17 07:19 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like nisam's post:
@rattspitt (12/01/17), Izan (12/01/17), Jazzy J (08/03/17), MDC (12/01/17), QuinnDexter (12/01/17)
Bugsy Offline

Sex:

I decided to experiment a bit as I guess this may be a way of learning from mistakes and successes. I've had a tiny bit of success too but not nearly as much as I'd like. I took my Sapor deck and took off one of the coils and plugged the empty wick holes tightly with cotton to make the deck single coil. I then cleaned and re-wicked the remaining coil and juiced it up. The coil is reading .82ohms resistance (is this a bizarre reading?) and I tried vaping at 45watts downwards and found unusually that the setup vaped okay (not nice but palatable) at 18-20watts with long measured draws. This is an exceedingly low wattage setting for me to vape at but it produced a better result then I've been having. I do need to understand more what effects the coil resistance is having on my vaping but I'm hoping as my mod (Eleaf 100watt) is regulated I can put in any coil build and the mod will adjust to whatever the resistance the coil is and I can just adjust the wattage setting. I'd be really interested in what people think of this coil at .82ohms resistance and whether I should be aiming at a different resistance? Thanks Tinker
14/01/17 01:55 PM
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 214
(14/01/17 01:55 PM)Bugsy Wrote:  I decided to experiment a bit as I guess this may be a way of learning from mistakes and successes. I've had a tiny bit of success too but not nearly as much as I'd like. I took my Sapor deck and took off one of the coils and plugged the empty wick holes tightly with cotton to make the deck single coil. I then cleaned and re-wicked the remaining coil and juiced it up. The coil is reading .82ohms resistance (is this a bizarre reading?) and I tried vaping at 45watts downwards and found unusually that the setup vaped okay (not nice but palatable) at 18-20watts with long measured draws. This is an exceedingly low wattage setting for me to vape at but it produced a better result then I've been having. I do need to understand more what effects the coil resistance is having on my vaping but I'm hoping as my mod (Eleaf 100watt) is regulated I can put in any coil build and the mod will adjust to whatever the resistance the coil is and I can just adjust the wattage setting. I'd be really interested in what people think of this coil at .82ohms resistance and whether I should be aiming at a different resistance? Thanks Tinker

I see nothing wrong or peculiar with 0.82 ohms! Presumably you had around 0.4 ohms with both coils in.
14/01/17 02:54 PM
Bugsy Offline

Sex:

Phew, I've got better at this building malarky. My wicking has got much better and the Scottish Roll thingy has been a real help. Thanks to whoever thought it up! Smiling
08/03/17 12:30 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bugsy's post:
Jazzy J (08/03/17)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)