Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Azeroth Leaking
Bugsy Offline

Likes Given: 5
Sex:
Azeroth Leaking
Hi, please can someone advise on this problem? I just started trying to build coils and bought a new Azeroth. I've followed all the tutorials and seem to have created something which at least works. However I'm getting terrible leaks from the Azeroth tank. If I vape standing up, liquid comes out of the air holes. If I put my Azeroth horizontally down on my desk the liquid comes out quicker. Is this a defect or am I using the tank incorrectly? All the seals seem in place as well.

Also, when looking at this tank I cannot see how it CANNOT leak as I can see the wick through the air holes and surely liquid will siphon through the wick and out the air holes? Also the liquid seeps out of the filling hole if the tank is tilted, so even when vaping standing up, my arm is naturally at an angle and liquid comes out of the filling hole.

Thanks for any help,

Bugsy.
(This post was last modified: 05/01/17 09:50 PM by Bugsy.)
05/01/17 09:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 215
Sex: Male
RE: Azeroth Leaking
(05/01/17 09:05 PM)Bugsy Wrote:  Hi, please can someone advise on this problem? I just started trying to build coils and bought a new Azeroth. I've followed all the tutorials and seem to have created something which at least works. However I'm getting terrible leaks from the Azeroth tank. If I vape standing up, liquid comes out of the air holes. If I put my Azeroth horizontally down on my desk the liquid comes out quicker. Is this a defect or am I using the tank incorrectly? All the seals seem in place as well.

Also, when looking at this tank I cannot see how it CANNOT leak as I can see the wick through the air holes and surely liquid will siphon through the wick and out the air holes? Also the liquid seeps out of the filling hole if the tank is tilted, so even when vaping standing up, my arm is naturally at an angle and liquid comes out of the filling hole.

Thanks for any help,

Bugsy.
This is why I don't often use standard rebuildables. They rely on air pressure, precise wick size, wick position, seals in chimneys etc to work. Solutions to leak problems never seem to be totally reliable. I can make them work, but never trust them rattling in my pocket while gently pished in the pub, as even the good solutions occasionally dump on me.

That's why I use Mini Protanks, Trons and similar, the juice flow, air flow and wicking can be made to work reliably, as in never more than a trace of juice leaking.
06/01/17 12:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Bugsy Offline

Sex:

(06/01/17 12:04 AM)MDC Wrote:  
(05/01/17 09:05 PM)Bugsy Wrote:  Hi, please can someone advise on this problem? I just started trying to build coils and bought a new Azeroth. I've followed all the tutorials and seem to have created something which at least works. However I'm getting terrible leaks from the Azeroth tank. If I vape standing up, liquid comes out of the air holes. If I put my Azeroth horizontally down on my desk the liquid comes out quicker. Is this a defect or am I using the tank incorrectly? All the seals seem in place as well.

Thanks for any help,

Bugsy.
This is why I don't often use standard rebuildables. They rely on air pressure, precise wick size, wick position, seals in chimneys etc to work. Solutions to leak problems never seem to be totally reliable. I can make them work, but never trust them rattling in my pocket while gently pished in the pub, as even the good solutions occasionally dump on me.

That's why I use Mini Protanks, Trons and similar, the juice flow, air flow and wicking can be made to work reliably, as in never more than a trace of juice leaking.

Cheers for the info. Yep, I guess this tank seems not for regular usage when out and about. I'll probably just drip with it rather than fill the tank so there's nothing to come out! HeHe!
06/01/17 12:25 AM
QuinnDexter Offline
Uberfool

Likes Given: 1,695
Sex: Male
I don't have an azeroth but I have a couple of similar designed tanks like the Limitless plus and Avocado 24. The key to reducing or eliminating leaks is, as MDC said, in coil and wick size. The wicks need to be wide enough to fill the feed holes without gaps and so the coil needs to be wide enough to support the wicks. Try building coils with a 3mm ID and then cutting the wick ends to length so they just tuck into and fill the wick holes. If that isn't enough try 3.5mm ID.
The 3mm coil/wicks work perfectly for me on the atties I mentioned above with barely a trickle, even when the atties are on their side. It's fair to say that atties of this type are not the best when off the vertical, but if built right they can be relatively worry free.

06/01/17 08:45 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes QuinnDexter's post:
phil1955 (07/01/17)
Bugsy Offline

Sex:

Hi, thanks for the info and hopefully with a bit more practice the leaking will lessen. I guess, not knowing this type of tank, I was surprised that it leaked at all, as in all the reviews I saw prior to purchase, there were never any mentions of such possibility. Hopefully onwards and upwards : )
(This post was last modified: 06/01/17 09:04 AM by Bugsy.)
06/01/17 09:03 AM
Bugsy Offline

Sex:

(06/01/17 08:45 AM)QuinnDexter Wrote:  I don't have an azeroth but I have a couple of similar designed tanks like the Limitless plus and Avocado 24. The key to reducing or eliminating leaks is, as MDC said, in coil and wick size. The wicks need to be wide enough to fill the feed holes without gaps and so the coil needs to be wide enough to support the wicks. Try building coils with a 3mm ID and then cutting the wick ends to length so they just tuck into and fill the wick holes. If that isn't enough try 3.5mm ID.
The 3mm coil/wicks work perfectly for me on the atties I mentioned above with barely a trickle, even when the atties are on their side. It's fair to say that atties of this type are not the best when off the vertical, but if built right they can be relatively worry free.

No leaks now, thanks to the Sottish Roll! Smiling
08/03/17 12:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)