Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Batteries For My New Vamo...?
Jack_Regan Offline

Likes Given: 79
Sex:

RE: Batteries For My New Vamo...?
Thanks for that info, Scott. It's getting clearer now...

So, let's see if I've got this right ('scuse me, I am a little thick ((discalculia)) when it comes to numbers)...

1 x 18650 for lightsabre mode.
2 x 18350 for lightsabre mode.
1x 18350 for Star Trek Phaser mode.

Yeah?

19/07/13 12:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
anthropolyte Offline
He of the beautiful hands

Likes Given: 215
Sex: Undisclosed
Yep.

And despite what was said two posts ago, don't use protected batteries in the Vamo. Firstly there's no need to, since the Vamo has built in protection, and secondly, you may get poor performance, as the output from protected batteries is less likely to be sufficient to vape at high watts.
19/07/13 12:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Jack_Regan Offline

Likes Given: 79
Sex:

Thanks again!

Another quick question - if I do decide to carry my ego batteries (non VV) with me, for a more discreet form factor - what kind of performance can I expect over the long term? Say, like, a couple of hours at the pub or whatever?

(This post was last modified: 19/07/13 01:07 PM by Jack_Regan. )
19/07/13 12:57 PM
anthropolyte Offline
He of the beautiful hands

Likes Given: 215
It depends on what atomiser you're using, and what mAh rating the batteries are. If you're using a 1000mAh eGo battery with a ~2ohm coil, it should last for several hours.
19/07/13 02:14 PM
Buxton74 Offline

Likes Given: 1,468
Sex: Male
To be fair, you don't need unprotected batteries for the Vamo but it is advised as some protected batteries are not able to deliver the current needed by the Vamo. The Vamo has short-circuit protection, over-current protection, reverse polarity protection and over discharge protection itself. The only thing then to worry about is overcharge protection which is where the importance of using a decent charger comes into play.

I have some protected batteries that work perfectly fine in the Vamo (SenyBor 3100mAh 18650) as they are capable of delivering up to 5.6 Amps which is more than the Vamo will ever need. To be sure that the battery will work though it is best to get unprotected.

I noticed that somebody pointed out that you must use flat top batteries in the Vamo. This is not the case. Button tops will also work perfectly well. Whether a battery is button-topped or flat-topped has no bearing on whether the battery is protected or not.

One other thing, don't stack 18350 batteries! There are so many things that can go wrong and, unless you are very well read on what precautions to take, it's best not to attempt it at all.

"True wisdom comes from knowing that we know nothing"

http://www.facebook.com/lee.buxton
19/07/13 02:24 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Buxton74's post:
Vapant (20/07/13)
ScottChensoda Offline

Likes Given: 21
A couple of years or so ago there was a big hoohah about using stacked batteries much of it perpetuated by the inevitable scaremongers and H&S wannabees that abound online and IRL.

Technology in both battery manufacture and device manufacture/protection has improved quite markedly since and there are basically just a few points to ensure a safe and happy vape when using stacked batteries.

1. Ascertain from the manufacturers of your device whether stacked batteries is advised or not.

2. Educate yourself a little on the variance of quality and therefore safety of the different batteries in today's market. Torchy's an excellent read.

3. Buy your batteries made from any one of the top half dozen battery makers. Again info can be gleaned from Torchy's site.

4. Ensure that both batteries are of equal capacity when using them.

5. Ask yourself why, in the case of Vamo in particular, the manufacturers advocate and advertise the use of stacked batteries.

6. Enjoy your vape.

Sent to you from my keyboard by Digittap
19/07/13 04:29 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ScottChensoda's post:
whit77 (19/07/13)
rangie Offline

Likes Given: 137
(19/07/13 12:33 AM)Jack_Regan Wrote:  Okay, I ordered my Vamo V2 yesterday, with two genuine Panasonic 3400mah unprotected batteries.

I understand I cannot use protected batteries. Why?

It's alright because I've ordered the right ones but what is wrong with batteries which offer over-charge protection? Isn't this a good thing and why can they not be used in a Vamo?

Also, while I'm here, I'd like to ask - will I be able to use ordinary disposable batteries at all, as long as they are the right voltage? Why such specific battery requirements for mods?

As you can probably tell, this is my first mod and know very little about what to expect. I'm a pretty heavy user. How long will my batteries last firing the IGO S RDA (approximate guide)?

look for torchythebatteryboy on the forum he's best man to see about batts he sells in ukv and on eBay

19/07/13 08:01 PM
UncleRJ Offline

Likes Given: 14
I personally do not use stacked batteries myself as I tend to prefer a cooler vape than some do, here is what I have heard about using them.

Start with two new batteries of the same type and chemistry. Mark them for easy identification. IE set #1 A&B.

Charge them and use them as a set and alternate which one is on top and the bottom.

Don't mix sets.

Again, this is the advice that I have seen being given.

And also, I am going to look up "Torchy" on eBay.

I really need to get some really great 18350 batteries for use in my own VAMO.

Vaping on it right now. Kanger T-2 with a 2.5 ohm head and a custom mix of 60/40 Brandy and coffee (60 Brandy, 40 Coffee). At around 8.5 watts.

Great StuffClapping

It's all mind over matter. If no one seems to mind, it really does not matter!
19/07/13 08:28 PM
ivanlodarov Offline

Likes Given: 29
(19/07/13 08:28 PM)UncleRJ Wrote:  I personally do not use stacked batteries myself as I tend to prefer a cooler vape than some do, here is what I have heard about using them.

Start with two new batteries of the same type and chemistry. Mark them for easy identification. IE set #1 A&B.

Charge them and use them as a set and alternate which one is on top and the bottom.

Don't mix sets.

Again, this is the advice that I have seen being given.

And also, I am going to look up "Torchy" on eBay.

I really need to get some really great 18350 batteries for use in my own VAMO.

Vaping on it right now. Kanger T-2 with a 2.5 ohm head and a custom mix of 60/40 Brandy and coffee (60 Brandy, 40 Coffee). At around 8.5 watts.

Great StuffClapping

Don't look for him on ebay, just PM him on here. 10% cheaper that way. Just use search find Torchy.

Provari Mini 2.5 Satin Black / Protank / Aga-T
20/07/13 03:08 AM
tingting44 Offline
VAPE JUNKY! Yes me lol

Likes Given: 687
i was under the understanding you are suppose to use proctected (flat top) batteries with the vamo, i have been using torchy's for months now and no problems

Satin Silver Provari V2 (green L.E.D.) ~ GP Spheroid (polished) V2 {work}
Stain black Provari mini V2.5 (blue L.E.D) ~ GP Spheroid V2 (brushed) {home}
Happy Vaping
Martin

Popcorn
20/07/13 11:31 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)