Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3 Average
Boba's Bounty by AVE
SnowBall Offline
Vape 'em if you got 'em

Likes Given: 56
Sex: Male
RE: Boba's Bounty by AVE
(20/07/12 12:30 PM)McAldo Wrote:  I think AVE and Want2Vape are two of few western producers getting to that level of complexity, they are a close to the control and understanding of things you would expect from a professional flavouring lab, I think.
Vapenstein has worked with Donley at W2V, and honestly between the two of them they have some impressive stuff (impressive as for the objective achievement, honestly I just can't vape some of their juices Big Grin ). Flue Cured AVE has some of that special quality too, most evocative of AVE range, in my opinion, on a 510 Ikenvape it conjures up scorching sun and Alabama fields.

The chinese do employ internal flavourists, the graduated variety, I think, but then, their aims are often a bit different as they are not necessarily catering for western taste, I think.
House of liquid seems to be pushing the game to another level right now. However, I think the more you go that directions, the more you are catering for hard core aficionados, which is all good obviously, but a different game in the end.
I think AVE strikes a good balance between selling very large amounts and keeping it special to an extent, as you say gorilla is well balanced, something one could vape everyday, if personal taste allows.

Any way to get some want2vape shipped to EU? Their site says US only.
Why are there so many US liquidmakers only ship to the US!? drives me sad Sad

Good review, will se how they taste in a week or two since I got Hype, Bobas and Gorilla on the way and will hopefully love atleast one of them!

[Mod Edit: Inappropriate signature material!]

Angel
20/07/12 08:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes SnowBall's post:
Transmeta (20/07/12)
McAldo Offline

Likes Given: 420
Sex:
Re: Boba's Bounty by AVE
Vulcan vapes has both, AVE and Want2Vape, delivery is not too expensive and prices ok too.
Vapenstein has some good reviews, if you are undecided on what to order, and you find some good info on ECF too.

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
20/07/12 08:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Transmeta Offline

Likes Given: 782

(20/07/12 08:03 PM)TheSnowBall Wrote:  ...

Good review, will se how they taste in a week or two since I got Hype, Bobas and Gorilla on the way and will hopefully love atleast one of them!

Thanks. Hope you find one.

I suppose it is a legal issue that they don't sell to EU... Could depend on state laws. Someone else might actually know the answer.

"The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long After the Sweetness of Cheap Price is Forgotten!"
20/07/12 08:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
SnowBall Offline
Vape 'em if you got 'em

Likes Given: 56
(20/07/12 08:21 PM)Transmeta Wrote:  
(20/07/12 08:03 PM)TheSnowBall Wrote:  ...

Thanks. Hope you find one.

I suppose it is a legal issue that they don't sell to EU... Could depend on state laws. Someone else might actually know the answer.

Well, I've never read anywhere that's why they don't. Should be easy for them to say that in the FAQ other than just "US only" so i suspect that's NOT the case.
But state laws.. who knows, perhaps.
I have been wondering if there is any services or company that does some sort of mail-along service? I make an order, adress it to them, and then they re-send it to me.
Perhaps costly but.. might be worth it Huh

[Mod Edit: Inappropriate signature material!]

Angel
20/07/12 08:42 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes SnowBall's post:
Transmeta (20/07/12)
Transmeta Offline

Likes Given: 782

Or just become friends with some american bloke from the US forums???

"The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long After the Sweetness of Cheap Price is Forgotten!"
(This post was last modified: 20/07/12 08:57 PM by Transmeta. )
20/07/12 08:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
McAldo Offline

Sex:
Re: Boba's Bounty by AVE
Hemm..
Relay services that I know of are indeed expensive, I think they make sense if you are really barred from ordering, and only if you order a lot.
I am not aware of legislation preventing them from shipping, export limitations sound more like federal remit, but I might be wrong.
Perhaps they are just not bothered and/or prefer to give the exclusive for distribution to some foreign seller, as it's the case for the vapenstein range.
Backwood Brews for instance just don't ship abroad , full stop. If you asked them, they won't apologize, just tell you they don't, no explanations, I doubt it might be down to legislation, just a choice.
Highbrow and halo will ship no problem, even if not for free. But I have been quite happy with vulcanvape. Less with the italian distributor for vapenstein.
Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
(This post was last modified: 20/07/12 09:20 PM by McAldo. )
20/07/12 09:09 PM
Slipperee Offline
Dig the Well before you are Thirsty !

Likes Given: 55
Quote: "Backwood Brews for instance just don't ship abroad , full stop. If you asked them, they won't apologize, just tell you they don't, no explanations, I doubt it might be down to legislation, just a choice".

You may be pleasantly suprised in near few weeks.......Wink

20/07/12 11:16 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slipperee's post:
McAldo (21/07/12)
McAldo Offline

Sex:
(20/07/12 11:16 PM)Slipperee Wrote:  Quote: "Backwood Brews for instance just don't ship abroad , full stop. If you asked them, they won't apologize, just tell you they don't, no explanations, I doubt it might be down to legislation, just a choice".

You may be pleasantly suprised in near few weeks.......Wink

Really??
Am I going to try casablanca and applewood ??
Good news indeed Smiling
21/07/12 08:22 AM
StillPuffin Offline
Educated Idiot

Likes Given: 111
I've also read that Liberty Flights will be selling some of the AVE juices soon: whether that's the .com or the .co.uk site I'm not sure but I'm really hoping that it's the uk one.
21/07/12 09:35 AM
asha23 Offline
Sequential #132

Likes Given: 46
Sex: Undisclosed
I just get it shipped. It's well worth it and usually takes about 5 days...

Both Vulcan Vape and Smoktek deliver to the UK. They also do some interesting cartos that you can't get here... IE. 3.0 ohm single coil pre-punched with 2 holes and Vulcan Vape do an interesting tank with an ego sleeve fitting. Perfect for the Ego twist I use.... Really nice little tank...

I really love the American Juices I have tried. I have tried a whole lot of UK stuff and in my personal opinion they just don't have the same level of complexity that the US ones have. This is just my humble opinion tho..

People bang on about Grizwalds. I got their version of RY4 and it's just pure honey. That's it... For me, it's unvapeable...

.. Not RY4 at all. Not even close... I'm getting a bit annoyed by that if I'm honest... If you are selling an RY4... Don't sell me pure honey.... Just saying...

Maybe they got the bottles muddled... Whatever. I ordered RY4. received this awful honey shit I hate...

I was under the impression that Grizwalds were good... For me, not one juice I have tried from them is all that and it actually annoys me that they think honey is in some way an RY4.

I won't buy a single juice from them again. It's pretty simple. If I'm buying an RY4 I expect tobacco, caramel and maybe vanilla... In no way does honey figure in an RY4. So don't mislead me. It just pisses me off.

That KY4 from Vermillion River you can now get over here is a nice vape... It's caramel. It's tobacco... (not even a hint of honey) ... I don't know... Apart from Georgio's stuff, for me, the UK stuff just doesn't do it for me any more... I don't know what it is... Maybe I have been ruined by premium quality juices. Maybe I'm just sick of being sold something, getting it and it not tasting anything like what it's supposed to be.... Wink

There really are some crappy old juices out there. I don't know how many I have either given away, or poured down the sink simply because I want to re-use the bottle... It's probably 50/50 ...

Luckily... I know what to get nowadays. I tend not to stray that far away from what I like... IE... Bobas, Longbottom Leaf, Puros, Cigarillos, DV Menthol Blend, Gorilla Juice, Hype and (recently) the VR KY4.... Everything else just tastes cheap and artificial to me...

It's all so subjective I guess. And there is too much choice... I'd say to UK juice vendors... Take a look at the US... They really do excel at creating unique blends and flavours. I honestly think that here in the UK we are being let down by vendors just selling any old unvapeable crap. I'd say to UK vendors... The stuff that doesn't sell... Stop selling it? People will buy stuff that is utter crap... Vape it for a bit.. Hate it... Maybe waste a carto. Then get left with a bottle of waste shite they won't ever touch again.... IE. Case in point... Smoky bacon flavour... I mean.. Really? I have not read one review which says that this crap is any good... Why bloody sell it? Crab Juice is a perfect example... It's a joke... (and was meant to be) Nobody likes it.... I personally tend to go for juices which already have something of a following, have been reviewed well by a good few people and are in some way unusual. 9 times out of 10, these days, those well reviewed juices I really like.

This is only my opinion and it's likely wrong...

22/07/12 02:53 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes asha23's post:
Transmeta (22/07/12)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)