Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Buccaneer Eastbourne. No go!
Ash2Ashes Offline
"People die at the fair."

Likes Given: 777
Sex: Male
RE: Buccaneer Eastbourne. No go!
No I'm not, I think an officer might find that funny though Smiling

"How much can you know about yourself if you've never been in a fight?"
09/07/13 08:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
nutgone Offline

Likes Given: 62
Sex: Male
RE: Buccaneer Eastbourne. No go!
This is just down the road from me (I'm in Hailsham, a small town about 6 miles north of Eastbourne). I'm trying to find out which group owns this pub, I don't think it's a free house. I think it's Orchid Pub Group, but can't be sure.

I can understand, in some circumstances, why individual landlords may want to ban vaping, especially with cig-a-likes, say if it was a vary large pub &/or had gorillas for clientele, who were likely to light up cigarettes at the first sight of a bit of vapour & start re-arranging furniture & fittings when told to stop. I can also (kind of) forgive some cantankerous old so&so landlords who just like asserting their authority by banning things in their pubs, it's their pub, after all. (I knew a pub once which banned swearing, talking about sport & some other unreasonable things I forget now, needless to say they didn't last long in the pub trade), after all, the great British eccentric landlord is an institution. But, making a country-wide (or even county-wide) ban over a large chain of establishments, without allowing each landlord to make his or her own decisions, just doesn't make good sense to me, & as a business move makes even less sense.

The more of us who can get behind this & write to these companies, the better. I have plenty of time on my hands, if someone could get me a list of email addresses to some of the offending chains, I could either write up, or send an already written-up, email to them. The more of us who can do this, the better.

Matt: New Vaper, just enjoying the ride ATM.....
27/01/14 09:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)