Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Burnt taste
Smoggie Offline

Likes Given: 2
Sex: Male
Burnt taste
Mmmm getting a burnt flavour from the cartomizers now. Tried a new one still tastes burnt?? Have just ordered some clearomizers with the wick?? I'm assuming the burnt taste is the filling in the cartomizers ?
25/10/12 11:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
MarlowMan Offline

Likes Given: 301
RE: Burnt taste
(25/10/12 11:13 AM)Smoggie Wrote:  I'm assuming the burnt taste is the filling in the cartomizers ?

Yes. And once you have burned one, it will taste burned no matter what you do. Are you filling them properly and leaving enough settle time and then topping them off?

What I found with carto's is that they are pretty fussy when they are new. I think its cos they dont have any reserves of juice to draw on. After the 1st fill and use, they seem ok. So what I do with my wifes carts is this.

Fill two with a needle filler. Get the needle right down the side roughly half way down and fill it slowly. Rotating side to side. Stop when the top looks shiney. Put it to one side. Then I fill the other one. Leave them for about 10 mins to settle. Then I top them off so they look shiney again. Now they are good to go.

When you use one for the 1st time, watch out for when it starts to go a little bit off. It wont vape so well. At that point stop using it and change over to the spare. If it tastes burnt at any time, you have gone too far. Then at the end of the day, fill them again and they should vape a little better.

Filling carto's with a needle bottle is the best way. My wife uses boges and I find that the filler material dont seem to want to soak the juice up if done from the top. But using a needle, I can fill them right. And the juice fills the carto up from the inside. And if you dont get the juice right down inside, it will look filled but its not.

Hope this helps.

MM

Mods: Provari Mini, Megalodon (The Don), Vamo X4, Sig 19b
Attys: 3ML Cobra X 2, VH-Genesis, IGO - L, AGA T+, GP spheroid V2, Kayfun 3.1, Russian 91%, Evods 4 out and abaat.

25/10/12 01:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Smoggie Offline

Cheers for that. I've tried all ways to fill them. Only got the burnt taste today. Now I've got nothing at all. Fully charged battery attached and was ready to go. Will see if the new battery's I've ordered make a difference
25/10/12 02:13 PM
trog100 Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 11
Sex: Undisclosed
the burn taste is not enough liquid getting to the heater coil its not from the wick.. its burnt liquid..

as liquid gets vapourized it cools the heater coil.. if not enough liquid gets to the coil it all runs too hot (red hot) the burn taste creeps in..

if the initial fill isnt done correctly not enough liquid near the coil the semi dry or dry wick does burn away this leaves a hole around the heater coil.. once this has happened the wicking is ruined and so is the cartomizer.. it will never work properly again..

this is the simple reason we only ever selll pre-filled cartomizers.. we know the initial fill is done correctly.. we also know what happens if it isnt.. Smiling

trog

ps.. it has nothing at all to do with the battery.. and i aint trying to flog cartomizers simply explaining what happens and why..

(This post was last modified: 25/10/12 02:42 PM by trog100. )
25/10/12 02:36 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes trog100's post:
ezsmoke (25/10/12)
Smoggie Offline

Ah man the difference is unbelievable !!!
This vaping lark is awesome
25/10/12 09:00 PM
Smoggie Offline

Just an update. Been vaping the clearomizer from vape city all day. Awesome flavour using a ry4 juice. No taste of burnt stuff at all
26/10/12 01:17 PM
chykensa Offline

Likes Given: 42
Clearos do it for me too, Smoggie!!

Spinner, Vamos (2), Caravela, Protanks, Russian and Kayfun
26/10/12 01:53 PM
Smoggie Offline

I'm quite amazed at how much difference in flavour there is now. I guess the wadding has a massive impact on taste.
Getting used to it big style now. Even managed to convert my big sister
26/10/12 02:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)