Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Buying Pure Nicotine
FlavourArtUK Offline
Vaping Pioneer since 13-10-2008
Vendors

Likes Given: 2,025
Sex: Male
RE: Buying Pure Nicotine
(06/01/13 03:58 AM)Boadacia! Wrote:  Anyone have the feeling there's a misconception here about 10% Nic' and this so-called pure nicotine? 10% being only 100mg. If it were 100% or even 99% we would probably be communicating with the spirits on a Ouija board. Undecided

The misconception is not just about the '10%'. A couple of years ago I posed a question on ECF;
'How much 25mg eliquid would a child have to drink for it to be potentially fatal?'
It was a straight question which promoted an interesting and enlightening discussion, not just because
of the wide range of answers - from 1ml to 'a whole bottle' - but also because there were some vendors
who genuinely had no idea what the figure was and who were shocked when they were told what it was.
I had emails from one vendor who even considered ceasing to mix his own eliquids for sale because
he had been convinced that a 20ml bottle was relatively safe, ie it might make you a bit sick.

There was a lot of going off on tangents, such as 'it's the parents' responsibility', 'I don't have kids',
'they would spit it out because it tastes so nasty', but none of those answered the question or the issue.
The reason we have warning labels and child-resistant caps is because the Government is charged with
having a duty of care towards Public Health & Welfare and discharges it's duty via regulation (and enforcement).
Even though we might not always agree with those regulations and some perceive them as being a symptom
of a 'nanny state', they are in place for a reason. Many people scoff at Health & Safety regulations (yes some of those
responsible for their administration go over the top), but the same people will seek legal advice if they have an
accident that they feel someone has caused by negligence and the solicitor will undoubtably question whether
reasonable precautions had been taken to prevent such an accident. We do live in a 'blame and claim' society
and that has triggered some seemingly crazy rules, but that's what I call covermyass.com!

I know there are many arguments that might say 'well why don't they ban cigarettes?', but those are for another thread.
The reason that a licence is required to supply Nicotine over 7.5% purity is because it's so bloody (potentially) dangerous.
Anyone who 'brags' about using it at home or insists it is 'safe' because they've never had a problem is missing the point.

One ml (one fifth of a teaspoonful) of a 25mg (25mg/ml or 2.5%) eliquid could be potentially fatal to a child, that is the bottom line.

John

√-1 2^3 ∑ π and it was delicious!
06/01/13 07:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Return to top
[-] The following 4 users Like FlavourArtUK's post:
BarryNorton (24/09/13), Boadacia! (06/01/13), FlamingKaty (06/01/13), ivape (06/01/13)
Boadacia! Offline
Arachnids R us!

Likes Given: 2,482
Sex: Female
Yes, I imagine that 100mg is relatively safe if handled with the knowledge that snorting or bathing in it, isn't a good idea. Undecided

I use 52mg to make my own mixes with the help of your flavourings, John, and I treat it with the necessary respect.

I do wonder though, what death by nicotine might be like, as it might be an alternative to another Tory government? Or if I have to read another Trog v his enemies thread. Wink
06/01/13 02:31 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Boadacia!'s post:
amitron (06/01/13), FlamingKaty (06/01/13)
grizewald Offline
Left Voluntarily

Likes Given: 257
I use 100mg base when I mix, but I treat it with the appropriate level of respect. Note that I don't live in the UK!
06/01/13 02:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Return to top
[-] The following 2 users Like grizewald's post:
Boadacia! (07/01/13), FlamingKaty (06/01/13)
marcovanbasten Offline
Mix it..Steep it...VAPE IT !!!

Likes Given: 95
I use 75 mg for my own mixes, as with any chemical, the appropiate care needs to be taken and as such, the risks involved should not be taken lightly in my opinion...

I am very careful when mixing and especially with storage..

No kids in my house but I do have cats that jump all over the place so I have to make
sure there is nothing left around that could poison them.

Happy Vaping...Peace Out !!

Visit My YouTube Channel

Vaper Scene VTTV TUES 9PM

06/01/13 05:08 PM
cigeliquid Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 541
The potential costs of using pure nicotine far out way the savings.
Forgetting the costs of the right equipment needed to handle a liquid that is far more leathal than Arsenic.
It is important to remember that the average cost of a funeral in the UK is now £3200.
If you say that you only have a one in a hundred chance of geting very very dead each time you mix that works out at £32 a time risk.
Top Tip: You can get much cheaper funerals if you shop around and pay upfront before you start mixing with pure nicotine this can bring the risk cost per mix down to under £20 or less
Cool

06/01/13 06:19 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like cigeliquid's post:
Boadacia! (06/01/13), FlamingKaty (07/01/13), Fog On The Tyne Ltd (07/01/13), marcovanbasten (06/01/13), Stevethesax (06/01/13)
Stevethesax Offline
Out, damn'd spot

Likes Given: 331
(06/01/13 06:19 PM)cigeliquid Wrote:  If you say that you only have a one in a hundred chance of geting very very dead each time you mix that works out at £32 a time risk.

Does it get any cheaper if you're only a bit dead?

Cheers,

Steve
06/01/13 06:27 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stevethesax's post:
Vindaloovapr (05/08/13)
Zolabud Offline

Likes Given: 98
Sex: Female
Christmas before last I stayed with my son and his new partner.
I was given his bed to sleep in and put all my paraphenalia by the bed.
As it happens I didn't sleep in the bed I slept in the front room.
Next morning ( Christmas morning) Nana Pam got told off as I had left an 10 ml bottle of Strawberry,18 mg 50/50 beside their bed.
OK...It was in a 'spikey thing' which may have a child proof lock on but it doesn't stop little Jack (3) from pouring the very appetising smelling juice into his mouth.
Jack had crawled in with Russ during the night....So he could have drunk the juice.
Even though I have told Jack so may times that this is "Nana Pams special juice for her special cigarette"....

I felt VERY small....

06/01/13 06:59 PM
FlavourArtUK Offline
Vaping Pioneer since 13-10-2008
Vendors

Likes Given: 2,025
(06/01/13 06:27 PM)Stevethesax Wrote:  
(06/01/13 06:19 PM)cigeliquid Wrote:  If you say that you only have a one in a hundred chance of geting very very dead each time you mix that works out at £32 a time risk.

Does it get any cheaper if you're only a bit dead?

Cheers,

Steve

What, like brain dead? Tongue İmage

√-1 2^3 ∑ π and it was delicious!
06/01/13 09:57 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes FlavourArtUK's post:
peter84 (02/02/13)
Onceupon Offline
Defrosted lump of gristle

Likes Given: 137
I think this thread ought to be trimmed.

Onceupon swapped cigarettes for e-cigarettes yonks back
780,000 kids have since started smoking in the UK alone

UKV Chat: Not a medicine but a forum alternative.

http://grumpyoldvapers.webs.com
20/01/13 02:40 AM
garfield2002 Offline

Likes Given: 244
yep
20/01/13 04:12 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)