Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Buying Pure Nicotine
treeboa Offline

Likes Given: 373
Sex: Male
RE: Buying Pure Nicotine
trouble is the more likely the Lithuanian issue becomes then the more likely some will see this as worth the risk so they can have nic available if the sword falls, i use 72% base as it takes up less storage in the freezer than 52% does, yes im aware of the risks involved and make it a point not to mix if i dont feel 100% awake/aware

03/12/13 12:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Return to top
Phil A Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

Likes Given: 1,343

(02/12/13 10:23 PM)Cirrus Uncinus Wrote:  
(02/12/13 09:46 PM)SkeptikVapr Wrote:  Account no longer required...

Mods please do assist with this request.

Pleased to assist Smiling
03/12/13 08:48 AM
foobar Offline

Likes Given: 28
(10/08/12 06:00 PM)Onceupon Wrote:  The legal limit for retail sale in the UK is 75mg/ml. As I understand it, it is not illegal to be in possession of anything stronger.

That said, at least one supplier I know of has been selling pure nicotine in drums of 10 litres. Since it is inconceivable that anyone here in their right mind would make such a purchase, I would strongly urge those who are not, to not.

With the way things are going in the EU I might need that 10 litre drum... link? Big Grin

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.
03/12/13 08:55 AM
Phil A Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

Likes Given: 1,343

I've moved a couple of posts from this thread to a new one here: http://ukvapers.org/Thread-Handling-e-liquid as the question was worthy of its own thread.
I'm also going to lock this thread now - it was never really intended as a discussion thread, rather one to state UKV's position on pure nicotine
03/12/13 09:54 AM
Coops Offline
Forum Moderators

Likes Given: 815
At the strengths generally available, as long as you take reasonable precautions, (washing hands, spill control, gloves etc) you won't have any issues worthy of note.

Children and pets should be kept away, diluted liquid and base should be stored in childproof capped bottles if children are about. It's pretty much common sense. A drop of 72mg base, spilt on the skin and washed off isn't going to do any harm. The worse symptoms you might experience are nausea and lightheadedness, but in my experience you won't, if you wash it off in good time. I wouldn't recommend drinking it, or soaking your hands in it, but in 'normal' use, the risk is a manageable one.

I guess the point is, don't treat it like a single drop will kill you, but don't be blasé either.

The warnings on this thread are about pure nicotine, 72mg nic base contains 72mg of nicotine per ml (7.2%) of liquid, pure nicotine contains somewhere close to 980mg per ml (98%) of liquid. Be under no illusion, this stuff is extremely dangerous if not fatal to anybody who comes into uncontrolled contact with it, be it by skin contact, ingestion or inhalation of the fumes. It is not suitable for either home use or home storage. It is also unlawful, to possess nic at this strength requires a poisons license. In the current climate, the hoarding of nic base seems a reasonable idea, to anyone who may be considering buying nic at this strength, PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T.

Official Hitler Video Critic. EvilSmile

Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.
Jimi Hendrix.
(This post was last modified: 03/12/13 10:10 AM by Coops.)
03/12/13 10:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Return to top
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)