Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cheap Mechanical mod & Kick
Baldy Offline
Presumtion is the mother of all fxxx ups

Likes Given: 1,665
Sex: Male
I've worked out that my aga-t2 does not really suit my spinner. So im looking to purchase a cheap mech mod to see if i like them or not. i've seen Todds review of the kts storm and it looks good for a starting point. Plus it can be kicked with 18350's, but does the kick have any Amp limits to it? Whatever mech mod i get it must be able to accept the kick without any issues. Do other folks have any ideas as to what mech mod to purchase? PS It does not bother me if the mod is trying to be another mod in the looks department. Thanks in advance Big Grin

03/05/13 09:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Accies Offline

Likes Given: 762
Not wanting to sound like a broken record but I think the Aga looks well sitting on top of a Vamo. You then have VV/VW at a reasonable cost, and an ohms reader built into it all for a similar price to what the kick would cost you. Only thing is you would need to keep the resistance above 1.2 or the Vamo won't fire.
03/05/13 09:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Baldy Offline

RE: Cheap Mechanical mod & Kick
(03/05/13 09:25 AM)Accies4ever Wrote:  Not wanting to sound like a broken record but I think the Aga looks well sitting on top of a Vamo. You then have VV/VW at a reasonable cost, and an ohms reader built into it all for a similar price to what the kick would cost you. Only thing is you would need to keep the resistance above 1.2 or the Vamo won't fire.

True. I have looked at the Vamo, but the thing is huge, and i would feel a right tit in public with it, that is a downside for me. I'm thinking the kick so that it could be used in several mods(when i get to that stage), otherwise its all the features on just one device. Plus im trying to keep the mod as small as i can(18350+kick), not too bothered about changing batteries during the day, or if im out and about with the kids, plus the kick gives the best of both worlds i think, mech looks with the regulation to boot Cool

03/05/13 09:51 AM
watkins88 Offline

Likes Given: 18
the KTS-Storm's nice and I don't now many who have a bad word to say about them. as for a kick might be worth hanging on a few weeks and seeing if anything comes up on the classies winking
03/05/13 09:55 AM
whit77 Offline
Banned

Likes Given: 1,166
Sex: Undisclosed
Re: Cheap Mechanical mod & Kick
The draw tube and its stainless steel, bit more expensive but will last 100 times longer than "chrome plated brass" dodgey Scottish accent Big Grin
03/05/13 10:15 AM
Baldy Offline

@ Amazing Vape. Just checked out your site..........................nice, but both the Bolt and Natural don't have locking switches do they?
@ whit77. Is the draw tube kickable?
@watkins88. Lol. same conversation 2 different threads Wink

03/05/13 10:28 AM
whit77 Offline
Banned

Likes Given: 1,166
Re: Cheap Mechanical mod & Kick
http://www.toddsreviews.com/2013/04/beau...d.html?m=1
03/05/13 10:37 AM
Amazing Vape Offline
vendor
Vendors

Likes Given: 301
Yes, you may be right there and it's a bother if it's an issue. The telecope mod does have a lock switch but it's out of stock unfortunately.

03/05/13 11:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Loganberry Online

Likes Given: 1,473
(03/05/13 09:02 AM)Baldy Wrote:  I've seen Todds review of the kts storm and it looks good for a starting point.

You're right about it being a starting point because you'd be binning it and getting something else pretty soon.

Don't expect Chinese chrome plated brass to last. You need to be sceptical about reviews. When you hear a reviewer say the threads are spot on but you have the evidence of your own ears that they are crap, you can make your own conclusions about the reviewer. He also omits to tell you that the spring being stainless steel isn't fit for purpose. It will get very hot with a low resistance device and Mods are specifically for low resistance devices. Wonder why he didn't mention that... he's such a nice bloke couldn't possibly be because he's being dishonest.

A review of a mechanical mod should include a measurement of its internal resistance and an explanation of how this will affect the power supplied to a low res atomiser over the batteries charge cycle. If it doesn't either the reviewer isn't qualified to review or they're just dishonest or a mixture of both.
03/05/13 01:42 PM
Baldy Offline

(03/05/13 11:36 AM)Amazing Vape Wrote:  Yes, you may be right there and it's a bother if it's an issue. The telecope mod does have a lock switch but it's out of stock unfortunately.

Is the Telescope mod kickable?

(03/05/13 01:42 PM)Loganberry Wrote:  
(03/05/13 09:02 AM)Baldy Wrote:  I've seen Todds review of the kts storm and it looks good for a starting point.

You're right about it being a starting point because you'd be binning it and getting something else pretty soon.

Don't expect Chinese chrome plated brass to last. You need to be sceptical about reviews. When you hear a reviewer say the threads are spot on but you have the evidence of your own ears that they are crap, you can make your own conclusions about the reviewer. He also omits to tell you that the spring being stainless steel isn't fit for purpose. It will get very hot with a low resistance device and Mods are specifically for low resistance devices. Wonder why he didn't mention that... he's such a nice bloke couldn't possibly be because he's being dishonest.

A review of a mechanical mod should include a measurement of its internal resistance and an explanation of how this will affect the power supplied to a low res atomiser over the batteries charge cycle. If it doesn't either the reviewer isn't qualified to review or they're just dishonest or a mixture of both.

Ok, fairplay. What would be your recommendation for a kickable mech mod with locking switch? I will be using a kick so that i can use any resistance i like, not just low res all the time. I've also seen the Cube from Siam Mods, that looks good for the price? Cool

(This post was last modified: 03/05/13 01:47 PM by Baldy. )
03/05/13 01:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)