Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.6 Average
Confused? Read This... (plus some totally non-scary science)
superpredator Offline
F**cking Clown Shoes

Likes Given: 86
Sex: Male

RE: Confused? Read This... (plus some totally non-scary science)
Thanks to all for the positive comments (goes into aw shucks mode), glad y'all liked it.

Distroshack - Yeah, battery safety is an omission, but as with coil building and mechs, I know not wot of. I'm not about to chat bubbles and give bollocks advice about areas I have no expertise or experience in, especially when some well-intentioned but inaccurate advice might result in a battery going bang for someone. I'll leave that advice to people who know what they're on about! Maybe when I've built a mech of my own and have something valid to say, I'll do one about that side of things. Til then, I'll take my Granny's advice (a fount of wisdom, that lady) - when tha know nowt, seh nowt.

HughCrummond - I'll hold you to that Xmas card. And is meh'n'p'fft from Bloom County perchance? Bill the Cat Rules! Deathtongue!! That's going to sound proper weird if you've never heard of Bloom County lol.

blaze -meniscuses? menisci? meniscii? menamenah? (do-DOO-de-do-do). Yeah, polarity. It's not strictly true that it doesn't happen in buckets, you just can't see it very well. Youtube mercury or convex meniscus for a proper headfuck, caused by repulsion rather than attraction, plus a bit of surface tension caused by metallic bonding as opposed to hydrogen bonding in the water molecules.

I'm no Brian Cox (I wish!), but I'm glad that £27,000 in tuition fees didn't go amiss... Fuck me, my first house only cost £31,500!

Robovaper - there's a ton of beginner's guide stuff here and elsewhere and I didn't want to repeat what others had done, and done better, so I just wrote about what I knew, what I'd done myself, and the stuff I found interesting. There's still plenty of step by step stuff there for people who want to follow the dots/breadcrumbs/butterfly mind ramblings...

And you're more than welcome for the bass, bas BUTTERY BISCUIT BASE!! M-Tss M-Tss MTss wikka wikka. Just imagine Greg Wallace's sweaty bald head, shovelling cheesecake into his grinning maw... to the beat. Ha.

Once again, ta for the comments, hope it's useful to somebody.

72 The world's foremost peevish curmudgeon. Railing against the cretins since 1967.

Today's incandescent rage aimed at: Everyone. Take your brain for a shit so I can use your skull as a bongo. And I fucking hate bongos.
14/05/15 11:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 3 users Like superpredator's post:
blaze (14/05/15), Hugh Crummond (15/05/15), Sjoerd (14/05/15)
superpredator Offline
F**cking Clown Shoes

(14/05/15 11:03 PM)Fuzzynuts Wrote:  Wow just wow that has to be the most informative piece of information I've ever read. Hats off to you I'm glad I spent the time to read it and the fact the science is in there makes it even better for me as now I can fully understand what's happening I can't wait for the next person to say that I'm smoking I can now tie them up in science words to shut them up lol. As for the mixing side that's something I will try at some point but the fear of the nicotine that neat around puts me off maybe once I've built the inside of the shed up I will lol. Hats off again for spending the time doing this

It's really only the 100% nicotine you want to steer clear of, the UK legal 7.2% and below is pretty safe as long as you're careful and follow the advice given. Treat it with respect, that's all.
Cheers for the comment & happy vaping.Thumbs Up

72 The world's foremost peevish curmudgeon. Railing against the cretins since 1967.

Today's incandescent rage aimed at: Everyone. Take your brain for a shit so I can use your skull as a bongo. And I fucking hate bongos.
14/05/15 11:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes superpredator's post:
blaze (14/05/15)
Sjoerd Offline

Likes Given: 96
Sex: Undisclosed
Thanks for taking the time to write and post this! - Informative and well written. Very much enjoyed reading it23 - hope it becomes a sticky!
14/05/15 11:14 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sjoerd's post:
superpredator (15/05/15)
Fuzzynuts Offline

Likes Given: 3
Sex:
Confused? Read This... (plus some totally non-scary science)
That's ok then lol I did read it all and noticed that if you got just a drop of it on your hand it's nasty stuff lol but I will look into mixing once I'm more confident in my equipment ect ect and plus the wife needs convincing pmsl

currently using a smok m80 xpro plus on a airex dripper 0.16 ohm build
14/05/15 11:18 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fuzzynuts's post:
superpredator (15/05/15)
MatthewGivingUp Offline
Keep on tooting...forever

Likes Given: 3,463
ClappingClappingClappingClappingClappingClappingClappingClappingClappingClappingClappingClappingClappingClappingClappingClappingClappingClappingClappingClappingClappingClapping

Oh nuts; you are making me look like an amateur.

In the 1.5 years on here I have never ever seen such a brilliant intro. I can see you going onto greater things.

Matt
---------------
Helping others to convert to vaping.

14/05/15 11:28 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes MatthewGivingUp's post:
superpredator (15/05/15)
superpredator Offline
F**cking Clown Shoes

(14/05/15 11:18 PM)Fuzzynuts Wrote:  That's ok then lol I did read it all and noticed that if you got just a drop of it on your hand it's nasty stuff lol but I will look into mixing once I'm more confident in my equipment ect ect and plus the wife needs convincing pmsl

Remember that swimmy, nauseated, about-to-vomit, head-spinning feeling you got after your first cigarette behind the bike sheds? That's what nicotine absorbed through the skin feels like. Not deadly, but something you'd rather avoid, right? I got the same feeling when I changed to my current kit, coz I was inhaling a lot more vapour than I had been with my old e-cig, and getting a big old whack of nicotine as a result. I just toned down the nicotine concentration of my mixes to 1.0% or less (about 0.6 -0.8% now). Likewise you can avoid nicotine being absorbed through your skin while mixing by wearing gloves. Simples!

It might interest your good lady wife that mixing your own e-juice costs roughly a tenth the price of buying it ready mixed from shops. And the greater your bulk purchases, the greater the savings. Plus, of course, it's about a hundred times cheaper than smoking... You could buy a new kitchen with the money you save, or go on holiday, get a newer car...

15/05/15 12:28 AM
Mathy Offline

Likes Given: 133
Sex: Undisclosed
Very good newbies guide, thanks for taking the time to put that together.

Regarding the difficulty of working with VG. As it's cheap to buy, I'm not fussed about a bit of wastage, so I decant some into a glass tumbler/jar and stand it in a bowl of hot water. Within 2 minutes you have 'cooperative' VG, easy to draw up into a syringe and dispense. I wash the glass out, hence the wastage, but you get better at judging how much to decant with experience Smiling
15/05/15 04:04 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Mathy's post:
blaze (15/05/15), superpredator (15/05/15)
superpredator Offline
F**cking Clown Shoes

(15/05/15 04:04 AM)Mathy Wrote:  Very good newbies guide, thanks for taking the time to put that together.

Regarding the difficulty of working with VG. As it's cheap to buy, I'm not fussed about a bit of wastage, so I decant some into a glass tumbler/jar and stand it in a bowl of hot water. Within 2 minutes you have 'cooperative' VG, easy to draw up into a syringe and dispense. I wash the glass out, hence the wastage, but you get better at judging how much to decant with experience Smiling

Twop Twip! Well pointed out, that man.

15/05/15 07:03 PM
prof beard Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

Likes Given: 1,195
By popular request, I'm sticking this...

I won't slave for beggar's pay,
likewise gold and jewels,
but I would slave to learn the way
to sink your ship of fools

15/05/15 10:02 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like prof beard's post:
blaze (23/05/15), Cheekiecharlie (15/05/15), Dr Jones (28/12/15), Hugh Crummond (15/05/15), superpredator (16/05/15)
Cheekiecharlie Offline
Forum Moderators

Likes Given: 5,236
(15/05/15 10:02 PM)prof beard Wrote:  By popular request, I'm sticking this...

Just seen the thread, I was just about to say the same thing

Well done superpredator, a very good post indeed Smiling

You even win 1st prize for the longest too Big Grin

vaping is a passion ,not just a hobby,

15/05/15 11:23 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Cheekiecharlie's post:
Dr Jones (28/12/15), Hugh Crummond (15/05/15), superpredator (16/05/15)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)