Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Coolfire IV
Yozza Offline

Likes Given: 1
Sex:
Coolfire IV
Hi guys I have had my coolfire 4 for about 6 months, but for some reason can not get on with it. At present I use a pen type ecig for work and prefer that, as I get a better MTL hit and better flavour from it.

So at present have packed my coolfire 4 and isub tank away ready to sell.

So now I am looking for an ecig pen that can take a Kanga Geni tank and a Aspire Atlantis tank.

All suggestions will be helpful.
08/01/17 10:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Barnweld Offline

Likes Given: 597
Sex: Male
RE: Coolfire IV
(08/01/17 10:43 PM)Yozza Wrote:  Hi guys I have had my coolfire 4 for about 6 months, but for some reason can not get on with it. At present I use a pen type ecig for work and prefer that, as I get a better MTL hit and better flavour from it.

So at present have packed my coolfire 4 and isub tank away ready to sell.

So now I am looking for an ecig pen that can take a Kanga Geni tank and a Aspire Atlantis tank.

All suggestions will be helpful.

Cool fire 4 and the Nautilus mini is a very good combination for MTL every day use.
08/01/17 10:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Ray_of_Light Offline

Likes Given: 7
Sex:
I use a CoolFire IV with both Nautilus mini and Aerotank medium for MTL vaping, daiily.
Coolfire go up to 75 or 100 W, mine has also Temperature Control. But it also provides pure DC drive to the clearo, starting from 6 Watts, which excellent for low power MTL. IMO, there is no better mod for MTL !
Just place your iSub tank aside, buy an Aerotank or Nautilus mini classic, and you have one of the best MTL setup available. Use 12 to 18 mg/ml e-liquid, with 8 to 12 Watt of drive power.
09/01/17 08:30 PM
MrDJjim Offline

Likes Given: 252
Sex:
Hi Yozza

the coolfire is a great mod and is only the battery so that is not the issue. as said its the tank that is causing the problem.

so keep the coolfire and just buy a new tank.
the nautilus is a great tank and what i bought 2 weeks after giving up with a pen type.
the mini and the full size nautilus are both the same price £15.99 so personally i prefer the larger tank.

mini https://www.dnavapes.com/collections/tan...tilus-mini
full size https://www.dnavapes.com/collections/tan...e-nautilus
coils https://www.dnavapes.com/collections/coi...s-bvc-coil

picture for size comparison

09/01/17 09:06 PM
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 194
Sex: Male
Tron-S, as has been mentioned many times here! Better than Nautilus or Triton with 1 ohm CLR coils. 5 of us in the pub use them. Buy them while you can, Joyetech appear to be withdrawing them.
09/01/17 11:12 PM
Asitis Offline

Likes Given: 116
Sex: Undisclosed
Hi Yozza,

One of the reasons you may have enjoyed your pen style ecig more may be down to the juice you have been using with it. If it is the type that takes cartos then they will come with, generally, 70/30 or 80/20 pg/vg ratio juice. If this is the case then you will get more throat hit than from a 50/50 ratio juice. Plus prefilled cartos will most likely contain higher mg juice than you would use in a subtank. You do not say what you are using so I am only guessing.

I have been using the coolfire iv myself until recently and gave it to a work mate with a couple of protanks as he wanted to try vaping and was using a pen and carto style set up which was frustrating him due to poor battery life and expensive replacement cartos.

You should be able to use the coolfire with any mtl tank and get a satisfying hit from it. With protanks you are looking at around needing only 7 watts of power which will give you all day battery life. The Aspire tanks are very well thought of and were all the rage on here a few years back before sub ohming became more popular. I think they only need between 10 and 15 watts so again the coolfire should be fine. Personally I have never liked them and have stuck with the Protanks - particularly the Protank 2 for years. It has become harder to find them but fasttech still sell them for around £10 and a pack of 5 atties can be picked up for under £3. You can also of course make your own.

I know the Tron-S is also a popular mtl tank and have one on order after reading peoples comments on here - these again are inexpensive but I cant comment on it yet.

If it is the style and size of the coolfire you do not like then there are a lot of mini style mods out at the moment which you may find a better fit - Phil Busardo reviewed about 7 or 8 of them over a couple of videos and they are worth watching.

Let us know exactly what you are using and what you like about it and what you don't like about the coolfire and it will be easier for people to point you in the right direction.
11/01/17 02:07 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Asitis's post:
stevosteebs (12/01/17)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)