Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Copper Black Stingray Mod - JD Tech
skp574 Offline

Likes Given: 67
Sex: Male
Copper Black Stingray Mod - JD Tech
This mod is tempting me back to mechs again. It looks a work of art from the photos. Definitely a mod for those special occasions.

Scott.

Atties: KFL+v2 | Magma
Mods: Vaporshark DNA

21/01/14 09:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes skp574's post:
Oscar (22/01/14)
S4J1D Offline

Likes Given: 1
RE: Copper Black Stingray Mod - JD Tech
Guys

I need some advise please.

I can afford 1 Stingray but not sure which one I should get. The brass or copper

I prefer the look of the brass one and think it would be easier to clean that the "black" copper mod

Your thoughts please ?

Todd- I know you have both. Which do you prefer ?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated
22/01/14 10:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Sh1no8i Offline
Vape Victim

Likes Given: 759
I have the Phantom Brass Stingray and looking to bag the Copper version too.. BUT if it was one or the other, its pretty much down to looks, which do you prefer the aesthetics of?? .....other than that they are identical in design. With regards to maintenance the Brass one is not 100% brass its an alloy made of brass, copper and aluminium - does tarnish within days, so if your bothered about keeping it polished the black copper (exterior is black chrome) is the one you want since any tarnish will not be visible.

Hope that helps

4Nine, Sat22 x2, Hana v3, MicroStick, Chimera, Shadow, Challenger Mk2, Sat Mini, Radu Mod x2, Spheroid v3, Super T ELA v2, In'Ax Mk2, MCR 101, Nahualon, HF Nano, HF UFO, HF Shorty x2, HF Hybrid v2, HF 22 RDA, Le Petit Gros

Incoming:
22/01/14 11:24 AM
S4J1D Offline

(22/01/14 11:24 AM)Sh1no8i Wrote:  I have the Phantom Brass Stingray and looking to bag the Copper version too.. BUT if it was one or the other, its pretty much down to looks, which do you prefer the aesthetics of?? .....other than that they are identical in design. With regards to maintenance the Brass one is not 100% brass its an alloy made of brass, copper and aluminium - does tarnish within days, so if your bothered about keeping it polished the black copper (exterior is black chrome) is the one you want since any tarnish will not be visible.

Hope that helps

Ah so the black mod won't tarnish. Thanks for the help Sh1no8i
22/01/14 11:28 AM
S4J1D Offline

Wink RE: Copper Black Stingray Mod - JD Tech
Right the copper mod it is then.

Think I'm gonna stick my Magma on this bad boy ;-)
22/01/14 12:08 PM
Sh1no8i Offline
Vape Victim

(22/01/14 12:08 PM)S4J1D Wrote:  Right the copper mod it is then.

Think I'm gonna stick my Magma on this bad boy ;-)

Very nice both of them. Although due to the switch having a really short throw I find that unless its pressed on or very near center it does not fire - does not press at all, lubing the switch shaft (no jokes people lol) did help, now I don't know if that's just mine since pbusardo's review he was literally touching the edge and it was firing, so I came to the conclusion that there are quality control issues, so contacted JD tech (Drew - nice bloke) confirmed he checks each and every one of them himself. So take what you will. Great mod nevertheless just have to use it in a particular way.

Edit: Great mod yes, stunning looks Smiling best looking 22 mod imo (phantom brass version), and the included matching drip tip is a nice touch

4Nine, Sat22 x2, Hana v3, MicroStick, Chimera, Shadow, Challenger Mk2, Sat Mini, Radu Mod x2, Spheroid v3, Super T ELA v2, In'Ax Mk2, MCR 101, Nahualon, HF Nano, HF UFO, HF Shorty x2, HF Hybrid v2, HF 22 RDA, Le Petit Gros

Incoming:
(This post was last modified: 22/01/14 12:16 PM by Sh1no8i. )
22/01/14 12:14 PM
todd Offline
Left Voluntarily

Likes Given: 1,623
(22/01/14 11:28 AM)S4J1D Wrote:  Ah so the black mod won't tarnish. Thanks for the help Sh1no8i

Yes it will, it's a copper tube so the engraving will tarnish, dead easy to clean though, just wipe it with vinegar and nice an shiny Smiling
22/01/14 12:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
S4J1D Offline

(22/01/14 12:56 PM)todd Wrote:  
(22/01/14 11:28 AM)S4J1D Wrote:  Ah so the black mod won't tarnish. Thanks for the help Sh1no8i

Yes it will, it's a copper tube so the engraving will tarnish, dead easy to clean though, just wipe it with vinegar and nice an shiny Smiling

Cheers Todd

So which one do you prefer ? Brass or Copper ?
22/01/14 01:00 PM
Sh1no8i Offline
Vape Victim

Yes Todd's right, the black chroming will not tarnish or will so very slowly but the copper layer inside which is visible on the engraving will.

Incoming:
22/01/14 01:03 PM
todd Offline
Left Voluntarily

Likes Given: 1,623
Comes down to personal taste, both very good mods, go for the one that appeals to you.
22/01/14 01:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)