Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Decant bottle for nicotine
Danny55 Offline

Likes Given: 305
Sex: Male
Decant bottle for nicotine
Hi guys. I bought DIY supplies including 250ml of 72% VG based nic from Lubrisolve in December 2015. For most of 2016 I just didn't vape for various reasons, but have picked it up again in the last few weeks and have made a few mixes.

How long does nic last? I've not stored it in the fridge, (well I did to begin with) it's just in a cupboard. This is it when new

And this is it just a few minutes ago. Does the colour seem ok and the nic look ok to continue using? It doesn't seem to have changed that much. Seems to taste ok.

Regarding a decant bottle.
I've been using a plastic pipette from the bottle pictured above to suck up small amounts of nic to make up juices with 3mg strength. I've not made much and as you can see, hardly made a dent in the nic so there's still loads in the bottle. I'd like to get a small 30 or 50ml bottle to decant it into with a thin nozzle instead of using a pipette. I'm just not sure what bottle is best. Glass worries me because god forbid it should fall and smash, I really don't want dangerous nic all over the worktop or floor. Are LDPE good enough? The bottle the nic comes in appears to be LDPE, still nice and squeezy although it feels ever so slightly thicker than my small LDPE. Is it likely to be a heavy duty plastic?

(This post was last modified: 20/03/17 01:47 AM by Danny55.)
20/03/17 01:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
cigeliquid Online
Vendors

Likes Given: 541
RE: Decant bottle for nicotine
I Colour looks good for the age
2 The bottle your nicotine is in is HDPE
3 "Are LDPE good enough?" No LDPE is a very poor oxygen barrier
4 As glass worries you look for fluorinated HDPE as it is 8 x as good an oxygen barrier as standard HDPE bottles .
Bubblegum

20/03/17 10:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes cigeliquid's post:
Danny55 (20/03/17)
Danny55 Offline

Thanks very much, cigeliquid. Ah so HDPE is what I'm looking for. I'll have to see if iBottles does fluorinated HDPE in 30 or 50ml size.

(This post was last modified: 20/03/17 11:34 PM by Danny55.)
20/03/17 12:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Danny55 Offline

Sorry to bump this guys, I have another question. If I buy a fluorinated HDPE 50 ml bottle,
https://www.ibottles.co.uk/fluorinated-s...ottle.html

And buy a 50ml LDPE bottle which comes with the different coloured child proof dropper caps complete with thin needle tip
https://www.ibottles.co.uk/child-resista...y-tip.html

Can I put that cap and needle tip from the LDPE onto the HDPE bottle, ie, is it likely to fit?

20/03/17 11:35 PM
konky Offline
Vapin Rat

Likes Given: 4,405
Sex: Other
Fluorinated HDPE 50 ml bottle take 20mm caps
LDPE 50ml bottle take 14mm caps

21/03/17 01:19 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes konky's post:
Danny55 (21/03/17)
Danny55 Offline

(21/03/17 01:19 AM)konky Wrote:  Fluorinated HDPE 50 ml bottle take 20mm caps
LDPE 50ml bottle take 14mm caps

Bah. I don't know why it's so hard to find what I need. I see that this company do black
HDPE in 30ml with childproof cap and nozzle https://www.theplasticbottlescompany.com...d-dropper/

But it's not fluorinated and you'd have to order 25 minimum.

21/03/17 12:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)