Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dna 20 mods
ultra-violet Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 83
Sex: Male
Dna 20 mods
Just a quick one. I'm liking the idea of a dna 20 mod but with there not being many about and the ones that are being out of my budget, would it be possible to buy a board and 'transplant' it into an existing mod? Zmax/vmax/telemax/vamo etc? If so, a quote from a mod maker would be awesome Smiling

Thanks,

Uv.

23/08/13 11:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes ultra-violet's post:
skelde (23/08/13)
Clive Offline
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 229
Dna 20 mods
You could transplant it to be honest but If you had a mech mod and coiled it right you can get as much as 40 watts so is it power you are after or just the reason to play around to find the sweet spot ?

Brass nemesis / Dicodes Dani S extreme / taifun gt / kayfun 3.1 ES / ithaka / steamboy stormrider 2.1 / Hercules + kayfun conversion / AGA td / Origen dripper Smiling Jump for Joy
23/08/13 11:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
ultra-violet Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 83

RE: Dna 20 mods
To be honest i don't really get on with mechs. The 2 i've had didn't last for very long before going on to new owner. I just like how the chips works, I like the way everything is displayed on the OLED amongst other things. The 20w Is a selling point too. I've looked at just getting one put in a block of wood or a tin or something but I can imagine it'll become more expensive that way, so if i provide a mod and chip it might keep costs down a little bit.

Just an idea for now anyway, but thought i'd ask Smiling

Uv.

(This post was last modified: 23/08/13 11:45 PM by ultra-violet. )
23/08/13 11:43 PM
Clive Offline
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 229
Dna 20 mods
Good question to be honest and the answer is if you like the electronic version dna20 is the way to go

Brass nemesis / Dicodes Dani S extreme / taifun gt / kayfun 3.1 ES / ithaka / steamboy stormrider 2.1 / Hercules + kayfun conversion / AGA td / Origen dripper Smiling Jump for Joy
23/08/13 11:47 PM
StiG Offline
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 694
(23/08/13 11:21 PM)ultra-violet Wrote:  Just a quick one. I'm liking the idea of a dna 20 mod but with there not being many about and the ones that are being out of my budget, would it be possible to buy a board and 'transplant' it into an existing mod? Zmax/vmax/telemax/vamo etc? If so, a quote from a mod maker would be awesome Smiling

Thanks,

Uv.

Yes you could depending how good your tools are if working with the like of SS.

@ clive, I cannot understand why anyone would want to vape at 40 watts? and most people wouldn't. also good luck trying to get a true 40 watts from a mech mod. Most people that want any type of vv/vw device want it for it's functions and not trying to be an expert at coiling or whatever and most people like to adjust there vape throughout the day and juice/atty combo.

The DNA chip is very good even if a little pricey.

23/08/13 11:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
JamalKing Offline
Pinoy Lover

Likes Given: 556
(23/08/13 11:55 PM)StiG Wrote:  
(23/08/13 11:21 PM)ultra-violet Wrote:  Just a quick one. I'm liking the idea of a dna 20 mod but with there not being many about and the ones that are being out of my budget, would it be possible to buy a board and 'transplant' it into an existing mod? Zmax/vmax/telemax/vamo etc? If so, a quote from a mod maker would be awesome Smiling

Thanks,

Uv.

@ clive, I cannot understand why anyone would want to vape at 40 watts? and most people wouldn't. also good luck trying to get a true 40 watts from a mech mod. Most people that want any type of vv/vw device want it for it's functions and not trying to be an expert at coiling or whatever and most people like to adjust there vape throughout the day and juice/atty combo.

My ADV DV apple pie (VG) seems to only get better at higher wattages and so I would like to at least try it that high. Not saying I'd like it but it's yummy at 22 watts with no hint of burning or dry hitting.
24/08/13 01:45 AM
StiG Offline
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 694
(24/08/13 01:45 AM)JamalKing Wrote:  
(23/08/13 11:55 PM)StiG Wrote:  

Thanks,

Uv.

My ADV DV apple pie (VG) seems to only get better at higher wattages and so I would like to at least try it that high. Not saying I'd like it but it's yummy at 22 watts with no hint of burning or dry hitting.

Well I dont know what setup your using to get a full 22 watts with full VG without a dry hit? and are you sure you're getting the full 22 watts? have you put it on a meter to see what your voltage drop is from the battery and/or test the amp output? plus there is a big leap from 22 to 40 and consider most people vape around 8 to 12 watts. I have been vaping for 3 years and vape 20 to 24mg and don't go much above 12 watts and I like a warm vape and a nice throat hit and that works fine for me.

Anyway this is the wrong thread for this discussion and the OP was asking about fitting a DNA into another mod.

24/08/13 02:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
JamalKing Offline
Pinoy Lover

Likes Given: 556
well yeah TBH that's purely a calculated figure not accounting for the voltage drop but I wouldn't imagine it would be too huge, half a volt at the extreme end of the scale and a more conservative estimate of 0.2 so about 20 watts. But yeah wrong thread for this discussion I was just merely adding my 2 cents onto the reasoning behind high wattage vaping.
24/08/13 02:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)