Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ECCA Car Stickers - A choice not a medicine
Chrissie Offline

Likes Given: 264
Sex: Female
RE: ECCA Car Stickers - A choice not a medicine
(27/08/13 07:35 AM)trog100 Wrote:  
Quote:ECCA was a still birth

a rebirth of a still birth.. maybe its destined to go the same way as the first one.. i think they should have supported the original "saves lives" sticker and not come up with "rival" stickers..

the "saves lives"stickers may also turn out to be still birth.. but it seems everything that requires "community" support ends up as a "still birth".. or a well stunted useless runt.. he he

trog

Trog, I donated & requested an e-cigs saves lives car sticker on the same day as my ECCA donation & email to them.

What a contrast. Wes emailed me straight away asking if I would like more than 1 & after a couple more emails I ended up with 5 car stickers & 5 bumper type stickers. The feel good factor from Wes' replies made want to support them even more so I made another donation as a thank you. A couple of days later, my stickers arrived & a couple of days after, I distributed most of them at a mini Cornwall meet up - that's the way to do it Big Grin

27/08/13 08:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Caerulea Offline
NNA UK

Likes Given: 730
Sex: Undisclosed

Re: ECCA Car Stickers - A choice not a medicine
I have just gotten back from my holiday and am trying to catch up with what's been happening. I am sorry to hear that there has been a problem somewhere with the stickers, I will chase it up & get back to you with an answer.

27/08/13 10:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Chrissie Offline

Likes Given: 264
Sex: Female
Thank you Caerulea Smiling

Could either you or Matt post on the AAE-C ECCA car sticker thread as well please, to reassure folks?

28/08/13 08:45 AM
Caerulea Offline
NNA UK

Re: ECCA Car Stickers - A choice not a medicine
Just done Chrissie, thank you for the heads up.

28/08/13 09:57 AM
Caerulea Offline
NNA UK

We would like to take a moment to explain and apologise for the situation surrounding our stickers as it has caused some obvious discomfort amongst those who have supported us.

As you are aware, we are a group of volunteers who are spending a lot of personal time trying to address the many issues that are facing us presently, alongside supporting consumers with queries on faulty goods and services. These are things we should be doing and are doing.

Some of you donated money to us in good faith and to support the overall campaign for public awareness by displaying one of our stickers in your car. We are very sorry that we fell very short of your expectations when not only did your stickers not arrive, but your emails were not responded to. This was down, in part, to technical issues regarding access to the email account used for this purpose, but is largely down to the simple fact we are normal people trying to balance our work, personal lives and families with all that is required of us here with electronic cigarettes. Our mistake was not to share the burden of the entire sticker job once the design was finished. The weight fell on one person’s shoulders and most recently (like all of us at some point) family and personal life was significantly more important and so a brief step had to be taken back from their work with ECCA.

We respect and understand this. We are a volunteer organisation, not a vast faceless corporate machine and this falling within the school holidays presents extra complications. Finally, we did not foresee the shortcomings of the current email system and were unaware of the mounting backlog.

Please understand that although there is not always a lot of noise coming from ECCA, there is always a lot going on behind the scenes, especially around advocacy. It is tiring and emotionally draining and we do it as we are dedicated to what we believe in. Make no bones about it, we are living and breathing documents, research, letters and FOIs, much to the exasperation of our friends and families. There is more fire in our bellies now even than when we started!

Anyone who has contacted us about stickers will receive them in the next few days as we clear the backlog and we apologise unreservedly for putting you in the position of having to doubt both us and our integrity.

Once again, our apologies, we will be in contact with those affected over the next 48 hours

(This post was last modified: 29/08/13 10:59 PM by Caerulea.)
29/08/13 10:58 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Caerulea's post:
FlamingKaty (29/08/13)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)