Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evic 1.4 Firmware
Kenneth Offline

Likes Given: 1,327
Sex: Male
Evic 1.4 Firmware
http://www.joyetech.com/support/down_nr.php?id=46&k=1

Have people (who own evics) done the upgrade yet? Not seen anything about it here but maybe I haven't looked hard enough.

Apart from the usual slightly buggy nature of the MVR software it was an easy install. The install file still needs to be run as an administrator for it to work properly.

The only menu change I have noticed so far is the 'Inverse' option under Configure. This changes the display to a white background with black text which is MUCH easier to read in daylight. So good work on that one, although I'm guessing there might be a slight battery life hit.

Seems like I missed the two reset options, ah well.

Joyetech Wrote:1.Backup Settings and Import Settings from PC functions help to backup the data of settings in the computer and to import the data into the ecig, which allows different data in different devices.
2.Reset function is to reset data and settings in ecig, including options of normal (reset settings) and factory (reset to factory status).
3.In HomeScr, both sides contain puff time, date time, V/W ohm battery, alarm time and alarm puff six options, you can select one item on each side.
4.Inverse function is to inverse color of LED to improve outdoor display.
5.Energy, the parameter for evaluation and statistics, which shows better overview of the vapor data.

Also, and I am pretty sure this isn't just my imagination, the delay between pushing the button and it firing seems ever so slightly smaller to me. Evic users like myself have probably got used to pressing the button while raising the device to their mouth and it's second nature. Well now you've either got to be a little bit quicker lifting it or wait that little bit longer before pushing the button.

So, it hasn't broken my evic and it made if a teeny-weeny bit better with the inverse screen option. Probably worth a few minutes of time to upgrade. Maybe.
10/09/13 10:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kenneth's post:
bryth65 (11/09/13)
Phil A Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

Likes Given: 708
RE: Evic 1.4 Firmware
Thanks for the heads up - I'll give it a go now Smiling

10/09/13 10:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
gooner1 Offline

Likes Given: 3,023
I have downloaded the new firmware..But! Iv'e lost me fekkin cable Sad I do like the sound of the inverted screen view as you cant see feck all outside in daylight Scratch Head

Where is that cable Scratch Head
10/09/13 10:08 PM
Phil A Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

Likes Given: 708
I've got it installed now - can't really see any difference apart from the inverse screen option. I don't know what it will be like outdoors, but it looks bloody crap indoors (not that it's not readable, it just looks crap!)

10/09/13 10:12 PM
Evil-C Offline

Likes Given: 2
Thanks for the heads up guys.
10/09/13 10:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Squiggs Offline
No longer duel fueler

Likes Given: 18
Is that it gona drain the battery
10/09/13 10:40 PM
Mr Reman Offline
The original Reman. Accept no substitute

Likes Given: 478
Old news mate. Smiling
I did the upgrade when it first came out 3 weeks back.

Not much has changed, but I have noticed that the MVR "Usage graph" things don't work properly on my computer since the 1.4 upgrade.

Reman

You can lead an MEP to water, But you can't make him drink........ Although, You COULD just drown the corrupt bastard while you're there !!

10/09/13 11:44 PM
gooner1 Offline

Likes Given: 3,023
(10/09/13 10:12 PM)Phil A Wrote:  I've got it installed now - can't really see any difference apart from the inverse screen option. I don't know what it will be like outdoors, but it looks bloody crap indoors (not that it's not readable, it just looks crap!)

I found my cable and updated to 1.4. I would agree that the Inverse function makes no improvement whatsoever Scratch Head I think they may be running out of idea's on the eVic Sad

still a great bit of kit though and wouldn't be without it for its functionality
11/09/13 09:23 AM
poetu.iradiant Offline

Likes Given: 0
Do you guys think that the accuracy(real voltage output)can be set/reset with the softwere version,or is this evic MOD just to LAME?
07/02/14 11:40 AM
Kenneth Offline

Likes Given: 1,327

Ha. What?
07/02/14 11:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)