Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Flyers now available
inijames Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 70
Sex: Undisclosed
RE: Flyers now available
Are you working on updated flyers following the new EU proposals?

Main writer at The Ashtray Blog
28/11/13 02:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
NorthStaR Offline
Gone walkabout...

Likes Given: 8,710
(28/11/13 02:01 PM)inijames Wrote:  Are you working on updated flyers following the new EU proposals?

Who knows, I'm happy to amend the file however the guy that organised and setup the website appears to have been banned.

And I'd like to know why?! Surely somebody knows....

I could update the file if someone supplies the info, however as it's not my website and I'm not running the campaign as such it's not really my place to decide.
I have no acccess to the website for updating links of files, I just supllied them is all.

The only thing I can think of is for someone to setup a new site or to have the linked pdfs downloadable directly from here only.
It's a shame really as it makes the whole thing a mess and those responsible for the the current site/thread et cetera aren't here to comment.
28/11/13 02:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
inijames Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 70
One journalist I spoke to said that there were concerns that ecigsaveslives was connected with a retailer (not sure why that should be a concern unless they are trying to hide the fact.)

I have been trying to draft a leaflet, here's what I've got so far. Please let me know how it could be improved. (It's a first attempt so please be gentle Wink )

Stop The EU ECIG Ban!

If all the smokers in Britain stopped smoking cigarettes and started smoking e-cigarettes we would save 5 million deaths in people who are alive today. It’s a massive potential public health prize.

Professor John Britton, Chair of the Tobacco Advisory Group of the Royal College of Physicians Source

The EU commission is planning:

to ban eliquid
ban tank systems
require all ecigarettes to have technology which hasn’t even been invented
ban almost all flavours

...as well as many other restrictions.

If this legislation goes through, all ecigarette devices available today will be illegal.

Millions of ecigarette users will be forced back on to tobacco cigarettes that kill between 1 in 2 and 1 in 3 smokers.

An EU Ban Has Already Been Rejected by the EU Parliament

But the EU commission is planning to ban them anyway!

YOU CAN STOP THE BAN!

Write to your MP and MEP (visit http://www.writetothem.com) and urge them to stop the ban
Protest on Twitter using the hashtag euecigban

Together we can stop the ban and keep vaping legal!

Main writer at The Ashtray Blog
28/11/13 02:27 PM
NorthStaR Offline
Gone walkabout...

(28/11/13 02:27 PM)inijames Wrote:  One journalist I spoke to said that there were concerns that ecigsaveslives was connected with a retailer (not sure why that should be a concern unless they are trying to hide the fact.)

It was meant everyone. Retailers & Consumers. Some Retailers may have linked to it on their sites or supplied a printout
in an order however Consumers could also give them out or put them in shops for anyone to take.

It's only purpose was to spread free accurate information (at the time it was created).

Like I said, I only created it. The people who created the campaign seem to have gone missing.
Unfortunately they are really the only people whom may answer that question conclusively.
28/11/13 04:43 PM
blaze Offline

Likes Given: 5,531
Sex: Male
(28/11/13 02:23 PM)NorthStaR Wrote:  And I'd like to know why?! Surely somebody knows....

Think he just got a bit bolshy once too often TBH. It's a shame but at the end of the day we have to respect the rules of the forum.

28/11/13 05:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes blaze's post:
NorthStaR (28/11/13)
NorthStaR Offline
Gone walkabout...

(28/11/13 05:11 PM)blaze Wrote:  
(28/11/13 02:23 PM)NorthStaR Wrote:  And I'd like to know why?! Surely somebody knows....

Think he just got a bit bolshy once too often TBH. It's a shame but at the end of the day we have to respect the rules of the forum.

Thank you for lettng me know.
28/11/13 05:35 PM
rainhorse Offline

Likes Given: 7
Sex:
Personally I think we need something more colourful and professional looking to catch everyone's attention, who actually looks at a plain text black & white leaflet? And something that clearly advertises the EFVI. Is this the best we have?
11/03/14 09:56 AM
GIBLA53 Offline

Likes Given: 2,860
(11/03/14 09:56 AM)rainhorse Wrote:  Personally I think we need something more colourful and professional looking to catch everyone's attention, who actually looks at a plain text black & white leaflet? And something that clearly advertises the EFVI. Is this the best we have?

Wrong thread rainhorse for EFVI this was a last summer campaign These are the EFVI links below

see http://www.efvi.eu/print/

also ,many more on here https://www.facebook.com/efviuk and here https://www.facebook.com/efvi.eu?fref=ts

tweets @gordonalanbeard
11/03/14 10:34 AM
rainhorse Offline

Likes Given: 7
Sex:
Oh sorry thanks!
11/03/14 11:31 AM
MatthewGivingUp Offline
Keep on tooting...forever

Likes Given: 3,463
(11/03/14 10:34 AM)GIBLA53 Wrote:  
(11/03/14 09:56 AM)rainhorse Wrote:  Personally I think we need something more colourful and professional looking to catch everyone's attention, who actually looks at a plain text black & white leaflet? And something that clearly advertises the EFVI. Is this the best we have?

Wrong thread rainhorse for EFVI this was a last summer campaign These are the EFVI links below

see http://www.efvi.eu/print/

also ,many more on here https://www.facebook.com/efviuk and here https://www.facebook.com/efvi.eu?fref=ts

We had a bash at a few ideas.

http://ukvapers.org/Thread-Playing-with-ideas

Matt
---------------
Helping others to convert to vaping.

11/03/14 05:23 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes MatthewGivingUp's post:
GIBLA53 (11/03/14)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)