Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GearBest UK Shipping
The Gremlin Offline
SNAFU

Likes Given: 300
Sex: Male
RE: GearBest UK Shipping
Gearbest deliveries seem to be taking a while .... I've got a Merlin mini that according to tracking took 2 weeks to get to the UK, and (I think) 10 days later is still in customs. Odd as Fasttech stuff is getting to me quicker than ever 10-12 days from ordering for the last 2 packages.

There's usually very little price wise between them so think I may switch over to FT for the next few orders until GB sort themselves out.
20/12/16 10:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
jman316 Offline

Likes Given: 13
Sex:
(20/12/16 10:23 AM)MDC Wrote:  
(20/12/16 10:13 AM)jman316 Wrote:  I bought some earphones from Gearbest. They shipped out on the 19th of Nov. I still havent received them.............!!!!

That does seem like a long time, though one of my orders from China (ebay) took 6 weeks. Contacted their after sales yet?

I've ordered dozens of items from GB and FT, never had a non-delivery yet.

To quote GB:
"Thank you very much for ordering on Gearbest.
Please take a look at your shipping details as follows:
The delivery information
customers:xx
Reference number: xx,shipping method: CNAMYW,
tracking site: xx shipping date: November 20, 2016 04:05:16,estimated time: 10-25 business days,
sku*quantity:128692901 * 1 ,

The precise shipping time can also be affected by factors such as customs, remote locations, peak shipping periods, Holidays and Festivals, inclement weather and operational issues impacting the shipping company.
Thank you very much for your patience.

If your problem isn't solved, you can reply this ticket to get further assistance. We are always happy to help you. Thanks for you patience and understanding.
Best Regards
Gearbest Customer Service
http://www.gearbest.com/"

Im assuming it still falls under 10-25 business days clause!!

(20/12/16 10:18 AM)dankellys Wrote:  
(20/12/16 10:13 AM)jman316 Wrote:  I bought some earphones from Gearbest. They shipped out on the 19th of Nov. I still havent received them.............!!!!

that's not great! What does the tracking information say? I assume yours has also left Hong Kong airport but still not with U.K. Courier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tracking no doesnt seem to work...clicking on just takes me back to the GB website!!

(This post was last modified: 20/12/16 10:36 AM by jman316.)
20/12/16 10:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
dankellys Offline

Likes Given: 31
Sex:

GearBest UK Shipping
(20/12/16 10:35 AM)jman316 Wrote:  

That does seem like a long time, though one of my orders from China (ebay) took 6 weeks. Contacted their after sales yet?

To quote GB:
The delivery information
tracking site: xx shipping date: November 20, 2016 04:05:16,estimated time: 10-25 business days,

The precise shipping time can also be affected by factors such as customs, remote locations, peak shipping periods, Holidays and Festivals, inclement weather and operational issues impacting the shipping company.

If your problem isn't solved, you can reply this ticket to get further assistance. We are always happy to help you. Thanks for you patience and understanding.
Best Regards

that's not great! What does the tracking information say? I assume yours has also left Hong Kong airport but still not with U.K. Courier?

The tracking no doesnt seem to work...clicking on just takes me back to the GB website!!

Try tracking it here: http://sky56.cn/english/track/index with the tracking number they sent (mine starts with "JJ") once it's in the UK it looks like they use Yodel, tracking number works on their site too

20/12/16 10:41 AM
nisam Offline

Likes Given: 2,633
Sex:
You're buying stuff from the other side of the planet. If you don't want to pay for dhl or similar it's going to take a while - especially at this time of year.
20/12/16 10:44 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like nisam's post:
Kenneth (20/12/16), NorthStaR (20/12/16)
jman316 Offline

Sex:
(20/12/16 10:41 AM)dankellys Wrote:  
(20/12/16 10:35 AM)jman316 Wrote:  

To quote GB:
The delivery information

Best Regards

Try tracking it here: http://sky56.cn/english/track/index with the tracking number they sent (mine starts with "JJ") once it's in the UK it looks like they use Yodel, tracking number works on their site too

Just tried that....it tells me:

"Electronic information,receive--19-Nov-2016 03:19 PM

Small package Center, receive--19-Nov-2016 05:19 PM

Parcel centre,sealing--19-Nov-2016 08:19 PM

Small package Center, left--19-Nov-2016 09:52 PM

Exchange Bureau, have been exported to open--21-Nov-2016 05:52 AM

Exchange Bureau, have been exported directly--21-Nov-2016 11:55 PM

Transit Center,left hand navigation--22-Nov-2016 05:29 AM

UNITED KINGDOM, Arrived --02-Dec-2016 05:29 AM

UNITED KINGDOM, the transfer of customs-- 02-Dec-2016 09:09 AM"

So its been in customs since the 2nd of Dec!???

20/12/16 10:47 AM
dankellys Offline

Sex:

GearBest UK Shipping
Looks that way! Have you tried tracking through Yodel? It may have been scanned by them before hitting customs? You may have a charge to pay at customs maybe? Not sure how it all works tbh

(20/12/16 10:44 AM)nisam Wrote:  You're buying stuff from the other side of the planet. If you don't want to pay for dhl or similar it's going to take a while - especially at this time of year.

Totally agree! Don't have a problem with it taking ages, my post was more one of concern as to its location. Seems to have been off grid for 4 days, which was a little worrying. Mind has been out at ease by others experiencing similar issues and parcel arriving eventually tho

(This post was last modified: 20/12/16 10:51 AM by dankellys.)
20/12/16 10:49 AM
NorthStaR Offline
Gone walkabout...

Likes Given: 8,710
Sex: Undisclosed
If you selected "Freepost" then it's normally attached to whatever migrating birds are passing the warehouse with the hope they are going via the UK.

It's worth paying the extra pittence for a faster service. Tracking is occasionally helpful but chances are it turns up before the tracking is updated.

These trackers are sometimes more informative than others:
http://www.trackitonline.org/
http://www.17track.net/en

I've had some take 2 months before but arrive they did... I tend to avoid GB these days as they are not the most helpful with enquiries.

As Nisam said, location plus the time of year. Saying that FT got a parcel here in 7 days this week. I did pay for faster delivery though.
20/12/16 10:53 AM
jman316 Offline

Sex:
(20/12/16 10:49 AM)dankellys Wrote:  Looks that way! Have you tried tracking through Yodel? It may have been scanned by them before hitting customs? You may have a charge to pay at customs maybe? Not sure how it all works tbh

(20/12/16 10:44 AM)nisam Wrote:  You're buying stuff from the other side of the planet. If you don't want to pay for dhl or similar it's going to take a while - especially at this time of year.

Totally agree! Don't have a problem with it taking ages, my post was more one of concern as to its location. Seems to have been off grid for 4 days, which was a little worrying. Mind has been out at ease by others experiencing similar issues and parcel arriving eventually tho

How do i track on Yodel? the same tracking no doesnt seem to work there!

20/12/16 10:55 AM
bongobreak Offline
Professional sitter and talker

Likes Given: 312
Sex: Male
Gearbest are all over the shop at the moment, I sent a ticket due to my package being 3 weeks and counting....I chatted live with an advisor and they told me that it's a very busy time of year....no surprise there.

Then I got an email saying they had messed up the shipping and that my parcel would have to be re-shipped due to it being batteries, but I was only allowed to choose one shipping option initially anyway, so how they would ship these any differently I don't know!

I queried their shipping methods via another ticket, and they told me that the shipping mistake was a mistake, and that the original shipping method (Emirates Post) would go ahead with no issue!

So after nearly 4 weeks of 'tracking number not found, my package has finally appeared on the tracking site!
I use a variety of tracking sites....https://www.17track.net/en is one of the better ones.

Not sure when it'll arrive yet, but at least it's in the system now.

In summary, be patient, it'll get there.

20/12/16 10:59 AM
dankellys Offline

Sex:

GearBest UK Shipping
Quote:How do i track on Yodel? the same tracking no doesnt seem to work there!

Hmmm maybe your parcel isn't going to Yodel then.

When I try I get this:

On your order page on GB, it should look something like this:

Clicking "British Priority Mail" takes me to the UK couriers webpage

(This post was last modified: 20/12/16 11:07 AM by dankellys.)
20/12/16 11:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)