Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Getting the best from your Sophia,
Jazzy J Offline

Likes Given: 1,746
Sex: Male
i am going to post a strip down/service type thread to help new sophia users to understand how they can be taken apart, cleaned and serviced,
i will try and do one for each of our drippers too as time at work allows over the next week or so,

jeff

anyway with a little luck the photo attachment in the post should be the Sophia with sophia long upper body side by side for comparison,

the next photo is a completely stripped down Sophia,

this photo shows the blue insulator re fitted to the Sophia + terminal,
the insulator should be a very tight fit on the post and it should also be very stiff,
they can soften up over time, i strip and clean mine each time i fit a new coil,

when re fitting the + terminal into the chassis (base) of the sophia you will need to leave approx 1mm proud of the base that connects with the + terminal on your mod,
if your mod has an adjustable centre pin we would advice that you run it down the threads then fit your sophia so it sits flush then then run the centre pin on the mod back in until it fires,
if your mod centre pin is too high the sophia will either not sit flush or if forced the mod centre pin forces the Sophia centre pin inside the Sophia chassis which in turn pushes the coil higher into the bell which can cause loss of flavour or an intermittent fault causing the ohms to fluctuate again resulting in poor performance,

when you have re fitted your coil i pop the Sophia base on my ohms tester to check it is constant,

i know its a photo and it will always be constant but you will just have to take my word on it lol Wink

couple of tips,

when fitting a Sophia with the standard body to a tank fit it from the top rather than from the base as if you fit it from the bottom the edges can trim a small slither off the "o"ring off with the 510 drip tip fitting,
if you have the long upper body fitted it doesn't matter as it has the rounded top (built in drip tip). or fit a rounded top 510 drip tip and then you can fit from the bottom with the standard base,
don't forget to twist as the sophia as its inserted so it doesn't pinch the "o"rings too,

comparison of the standard body & long upper body tip,

the blue insulator can be turned 180 degrees and re fitted upside down as a quick fix if it isn't as tight a fit and your pin feels a little easier to refit than it should do,

OK so im tight lol, and my spare insulators were at work and guess what??
i wasn't (i believe its known as sods law)
serves me right for using absinthe i guess Wink

(This post was last modified: 03/02/14 01:06 PM by Jazzy J.)
31/01/14 10:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 6 users Like Jazzy J's post:
Baldy (31/01/14), Cohibacohiba (31/01/14), JoBo (09/03/14), skelde (21/03/14), tppp (28/05/14), Welsh Lad (16/06/14)
Phil A Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

Likes Given: 1,342
RE: Getting the best from your Sophia,
Thanks for this, Jeff - on the comment about the insulator softening up over time, do you plan to stock / sell spares such as the insulator (and O rings)?
31/01/14 11:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Phil A's post:
Jazzy J (04/04/14)
Jazzy J Offline

(31/01/14 11:09 AM)Phil A Wrote:  Thanks for this, Jeff - on the comment about the insulator softening up over time, do you plan to stock / sell spares such as the insulator (and O rings)?

yes phil we will be selling a service kit to include all insulators/"o"rings needed for each item,
example the killer has two insulators one in the base and one in the extension, the kit will contain both,
spiral/pro dripper have the blue insulator similar to the Sophia and an "o"ring on the skirt of the Chassis,

(This post was last modified: 31/01/14 11:43 AM by Jazzy J.)
31/01/14 11:33 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jazzy J's post:
prof beard (31/01/14)
Phil A Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

Excellent! Thanks for the confirmation
31/01/14 11:37 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Phil A's post:
Jazzy J (31/01/14)
Baldy Offline
Presumtion is the mother of all fxxx ups

Likes Given: 2,098
Thanks for all the info Jeff
31/01/14 11:58 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Baldy's post:
Jazzy J (31/01/14)
Cohibacohiba Offline

Likes Given: 439
Cheers jeff.
31/01/14 01:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cohibacohiba's post:
Jazzy J (31/01/14)
Dave Lockin Offline

Likes Given: 308
Who's the handsome chap in the video? Wink

03/02/14 06:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Jazzy J Offline

ladies and gents i need some feedback re the service packs we are going to be stocking soon for the sophia etc would you prefer just the "0"rings and insulator or a spare centre pin to be included too?
i know they a pretty sturdy but we do get the odd one damaged every now and again, usually by being removed with snipe nosed pliers which can crush the tip,
or have the centre pins separate as an optional extra?

Jeff

05/02/14 10:04 AM
Phil A Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

I'd say have them separate - chances are you are more likely to have to replace the insulator / o-rings than the centre pin so if they're included you'd probably end up with loads of centre pins Smiling
Another thing that would be very useful to be able to buy separately would be the base - I've bought a could of extended bodies for my Sophias so if I could just buy the base, I could make up 2 more Wink
05/02/14 12:07 PM
Jazzy J Offline

(05/02/14 12:07 PM)Phil A Wrote:  I'd say have them separate - chances are you are more likely to have to replace the insulator / o-rings than the centre pin so if they're included you'd probably end up with loads of centre pins Smiling
Another thing that would be very useful to be able to buy separately would be the base - I've bought a could of extended bodies for my Sophias so if I could just buy the base, I could make up 2 more Wink

I will ask the question to the powers that be phil and test the water, Wink

05/02/14 12:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)