Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Getting the best from your Sophia,
Jazzy J Offline

Likes Given: 1,748
Sex: Male

RE: Getting the best from your Sophia,
(10/04/14 08:51 AM)Rob Stobbs Wrote:  A quick question if I may? Roughly, how long do you expect a Sophia's Head to last, including the number of times you wash and dry burn the head to clean it up again?

hi Rob its one of life's great mysteries mate as there are quite a few variable's to take in to consideration.
type of liquid being used, (steep, organic or synthetic)
quantity of liquid being consumed etc,
on my sophia on synthetic flavourings it lasts me longer than if i use an organic flavour due to the natural sugars, and even less if its a steep and organic with the higher natural sugars in the liquid,
some days when im really busy and don't get the chance to vape much it hardly gets used but other days when i do get the chance to hit it well you can see where im going with this,

im sorry i cant give a more accurate answer Rob Confused

Jeff

10/04/14 02:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jazzy J's post:
Rob Stobbs (10/04/14)
Rob Stobbs Offline

Likes Given: 105
Sex:
Thanks Jeff, I knew it was a How Long Is A Piece Of String question, but I became really perplexed yesterday. Carol was starting to have trouble with her Sophia. So, I stripped it down to the point where I had the ceramic still in the 510 connector, washed the head under pretty warm water, towel dried the wicks as much as one can and then dry burned the coil using the pulse method. Everything worked like a charm and I was pretty pleased with my efforts. Rebuild, primed the head as if it were new and presented the whole assembly to Madam, who deemed it a success.

Until about 7pm yesterday evening when she was getting practically nothing in terms of flavour or vape. Re traced my steps of earlier, did everything as suggested, reassembled, primed etc then all was well. By 10.30pm there was some tension in the air!!
This morning, I tried it all again to no avail and fitted a new head. Of course everything is fine now. But She had only had a new head on Monday. Today is Thursday. Now my Sophia is now over a week old and is still performing in a flawless fashion.
She has been using HoL Puros 18mg and I am using Eden also at 18mg.
So you can see why I was asking the question. She has gone through 3 heads, including the one fitted when she collected her setup and is getting a bit concerned at the speed she is having to replace the heads, especially at the cost they are.
I have no idea what's happening with her setup, it is all working fine, she is using her Bod in 18350 mode (No Kick) and I cannot fathom what I have either done wrong, or done right.

Sorry it's a bit War and Peace Jeff, but I'm struggling here and of course it isn't helping that mine is working seamlessly LOL.
All the best
Rob

Why not come and have a chat at http://www.theguitargrounds.co.uk
10/04/14 04:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rob Stobbs's post:
Jazzy J (11/04/14)
Cohibacohiba Offline

Likes Given: 439
Hi Rob, I can only echo Jeffs advice. It really depends on the juice. I would say she's doing well if she's getting 3 days using Puros.
I've got 4 Sophia's now and some need changing more often than others (I never dry burn, just re-wick/coil since I learnt how to coil myself and it's cheaper).
For example, if I'm using HOL Perique then I'm lucky to get more than two days but if I'm using HOL Caramel and Cream then I can get a week (even though it's described as organic).
With grants vanilla custard I get around 4-5 days but with other custards I can get longer.
One tip I would give is I always like to keep my tank topped up as for some reason if it's half full then it doesn't "crackle" much and I get less vapour, but once I top up it seems good again. Maybe it's something to do with pressure in the tank or something I don't know.
Don't know if you coil yourself but I'd recommend it (for cost at least).
10/04/14 06:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 2 users Like Cohibacohiba's post:
Jazzy J (10/04/14), Rob Stobbs (10/04/14)
Rob Stobbs Offline

Sex:
Right, thanks for that Guys. I guess I need to start looking into recoiling myself? Any tips would be really great. I have done basic coils, DBC Evods etc and also Davide's but I gather I am now looking at a whole new science with a different type of wire or ribbon?

Thanks so much for all the help thus far.

10/04/14 08:41 PM
Cohibacohiba Offline

(10/04/14 08:41 PM)Rob Stobbs Wrote:  Right, thanks for that Guys. I guess I need to start looking into recoiling myself? Any tips would be really great. I have done basic coils, DBC Evods etc and also Davide's but I gather I am now looking at a whole new science with a different type of wire or ribbon?

Thanks so much for all the help thus far.

You should be fine then. I think Sophia is very easy to coil. I would recommend getting some Pre made res/no res wires from stealth vape (I think grey haze do em aswell amongst other places but stealth vape have been great for me). Pack of 50 is very cheap and I get my silica from vape mesh company, also very cheap. And obviously just re-use the ceramics you've got.
There's a couple of great YouTube tutorials. Todd's and a guy called Andrew something. It was daunting for me at first but I'm pretty quick and competent now, I surprised myself.
Didn't bother with a zapper machine for wires when Pre zapped are so cheap to buy.
10/04/14 09:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Cohibacohiba Offline

I got some flat ribbon res/no res Pre zapped from GreyHaze and they're brilliant if anyone's interested. Only downside is they're a bit fragile so you have to be careful coiling but the taste and vapour production is excellent. Crackles like a microcoil :-)
21/04/14 09:14 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cohibacohiba's post:
Maxwell65 (10/05/14)
DragonSlayer Offline

Likes Given: 3
Sex: Undisclosed
Hi Jeff .. have you any idea when you will have the Sophia service kits back in stock please?
11/05/14 02:42 PM
Jazzy J Offline

Likes Given: 1,748

(11/05/14 02:42 PM)DragonSlayer Wrote:  Hi Jeff .. have you any idea when you will have the Sophia service kits back in stock please?

Morning mate our next delivery is due out from Greece very soon,
If you go through the contact us section on the House Of Mods website I will save your email and notify you when they are on the site if you want?

Jeff

12/05/14 05:47 AM
DragonSlayer Offline

Likes Given: 3
Sex: Undisclosed
(12/05/14 05:47 AM)Jeff @ House Of Mods Wrote:  
(11/05/14 02:42 PM)DragonSlayer Wrote:  Hi Jeff .. have you any idea when you will have the Sophia service kits back in stock please?

Morning mate our next delivery is due out from Greece very soon,
If you go through the contact us section on the House Of Mods website I will save your email and notify you when they are on the site if you want?

Jeff

That's great Jeff ... will do ... thank you Thumbs Up
12/05/14 10:54 AM
Rob Stobbs Offline

Sex:
Hi Jeff,

Just a quick update on our experiences with our Sophias.

I am delighted to say that we are now really doing well. Carol finally had a new head in her's yesterday. The head that I changed had done 3 weeks with approx 3 Dry Burns in that time. She has decided that she only uses Cigarillos in her Sophia and Cage and the results now speak for themselves.
I am only using Eden in mine and I am approaching 4 weeks on the same head!! OK, I am dry burning it pretty regularly, but it just keeps going as good as new!

Couldn't be more happy and will be getting another pair of setups very shortly.

Cheers
Rob

13/05/14 10:30 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Rob Stobbs's post:
Jazzy J (15/08/14), skelde (13/05/14)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)