Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Glass RSST
Just Dave Offline

Likes Given: 309
Sex: Male
Glass RSST
Given the number of gifted modders on here. I was wondering if anyone has given any thought to binning the plastic tank in the RSST and replacing it with a glass one??
I was wondering if you could swap the tank for a tube and just fit a O ring top and bottom (aka the same way as the Foggatti).
Any thoughts??

23/06/13 09:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
kanifee Offline

Likes Given: 21
Sex:
RE: Glass RSST
I think it just isn't designed in such a way to accommodate one, the center posts threads don't tighten all the way in and if you used a glass section on the outer and a second on the inner post with O rings you would loose too much capacity.

Its a good excuse for some variety Big Grin
24/06/13 06:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Switch Offline
SCHNAARF!!

Likes Given: 586
+1 and a good excuse to buy more expensive shinys!

24/06/13 09:15 AM
kwakjay74 Offline
if it ain't broken.......it soon will be

Likes Given: 1,809
i reckon its doable but you'll need some 'O'rings at the top and bottom of the center tube aswell as for the tank ....only problem i can see is the base has no groove so that o ring could slip from under the tank section when its screwed together...

27/06/13 03:49 PM
amiga Offline
Vapologist

Likes Given: 25
(27/06/13 03:49 PM)kwakjay74 Wrote:  i reckon its doable but you'll need some 'O'rings at the top and bottom of the center tube aswell as for the tank ....only problem i can see is the base has no groove so that o ring could slip from under the tank section when its screwed together...

Thats what a dremel is for Smiling

27/06/13 07:27 PM
kwakjay74 Offline
if it ain't broken.......it soon will be

Likes Given: 1,809
(27/06/13 07:27 PM)amiga Wrote:  
(27/06/13 03:49 PM)kwakjay74 Wrote:  i reckon its doable but you'll need some 'O'rings at the top and bottom of the center tube aswell as for the tank ....only problem i can see is the base has no groove so that o ring could slip from under the tank section when its screwed together...

yup but the base is very thin.....

28/06/13 04:56 PM
amiga Offline
Vapologist

Likes Given: 25
(28/06/13 04:56 PM)kwakjay74 Wrote:  
(27/06/13 07:27 PM)amiga Wrote:  

yup but the base is very thin.....

Yep probably have to use one of the small flat end engraving tools and run it around once or twice lightly to just make a tiny difference

28/06/13 05:12 PM
Just Dave Offline

Waiting for some glass tubes to arrive, if you get the size just so it fits the base/top, then you can fit an o ring between the end of the glass, no need for any recess.

28/06/13 05:20 PM
triballofts Offline
my boy dave

Likes Given: 305
carnt you use the white oring seal off the agaT tank

never rush you only get 2 things in life from rushing heartattacks and babies
28/06/13 05:33 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes triballofts's post:
Just Dave (28/06/13)
Just Dave Offline

Tribal,
That's what I planned on doing, the only issue with that is the glass tube from the Aga T2 is too long by about 4-5mm (I hoped it would be a straight swap).
But I have learned a couple of things today. The tread at the bottom of the RSST if done up tight (by fingers) seems to be water (and eliquid) tight. I filled the base with liquid and left it standing for a day with no leaks!!. Yes the base is thin, but it will be supported by the mod so no real worries there. The same white rubbertank seal fits the top cap, although it needs a tiny but of trimming around the wick hole as this is spaced so close to the outer rim of the topdeck. Pretty sure a glassed RSST is a real option. I haven't had an issue with cracking liquids causing the tank to fail. But the tank does seem to absorb any strong flavoured eliquid enough to taint the next juice used even though cleaned and baby fuild etc. Which in my case is Peanut flavour!!!.
Oh and the those spare little white rubber seals for the AGA -T2 centre pin do a much better job of sealling the RSST centre pin that the one that comes with the RSST, 10 second swap, no more leaking down the centre pin for mine.

28/06/13 07:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)