Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gurgling on a full tank in a Kanger Protank
Murrayhouse Offline
Mr Sensible

Likes Given: 48
Sex: Male
Gurgling on a full tank in a Kanger Protank
Just got a Protank and am very happy with the taste and the vapour production. I'd read that they could gurgle as the tank neared empty but even with a full tank my wife can hear the gurgling and popping in another room! I've got the head screwed in reasonably tight, but not massively so. Any tips on how to reduce the gurgling? It's also a bit airier than I'd like but I believe that's a straightforward fix with a bit of ptf tape.

02/05/13 06:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
jimthecarper Offline
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 57
RE: Gurgling on a full tank in a Kanger Protank

(02/05/13 06:01 PM)Murrayhouse Wrote:  Just got a Protank and am very happy with the taste and the vapour production. I'd read that they could gurgle as the tank neared empty but even with a full tank my wife can hear the gurgling and popping in another room! I've got the head screwed in reasonably tight, but not massively so. Any tips on how to reduce the gurgling? It's also a bit airier than I'd like but I believe that's a straightforward fix with a bit of ptf tape.

If the Protank is anything like the T3 it is probably drawing air past the wick and into the tank. This is a really common problem with the T3's and I know the Protank has very similar internals.

The easiest "fix" is to remove the base from the atomizer body.

See pic above for A,B,C

A). Remove the plastic cap from the post.
B). Jiggle the post and pull it out.
C). You will probably find there are 2 pieces of silica. The top one is just sitting on top of the bottom "wired" wick.
Gently remove the top piece of silica and replace it with a piece of 2mm silica.
B). Push the post back into place.
A). Push the cap back down till it just touches the new silica.
C). Trim the top wick back to it's original size.

Refill with juice and refit the base.
This sorts out most of the T3's so guessing the Protank will be the same.

Or you could do what I would do and send it back to the vendor.
For what they cost they should be a brilliant atty, but Kanger quality is pots.

Shield Mod, v3Tronics Flip, N-Zonic V3, Gus Lord, Several Box Mods, 2x Rose V2, KF 3.1, KFL, eXpromizer, Taifun.
Maker of the "Golden Box Mod" & many more.
(This post was last modified: 02/05/13 07:07 PM by jimthecarper. )
02/05/13 07:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes jimthecarper's post:
Murrayhouse (02/05/13)
Murrayhouse Offline
Mr Sensible

Likes Given: 48

Great reply, much appreciated. I love a good diagram!

02/05/13 07:10 PM
jimthecarper Offline
Mod Makers and Sellers

(02/05/13 07:10 PM)Murrayhouse Wrote:  Great reply, much appreciated. I love a good diagram!

Ill try and find you one.

There are loads of vids on YouTube for stripping/repairing T3's.

I've had a couple and dont get on with them.

Shield Mod, v3Tronics Flip, N-Zonic V3, Gus Lord, Several Box Mods, 2x Rose V2, KF 3.1, KFL, eXpromizer, Taifun.
02/05/13 07:29 PM
stevie44 Offline

Likes Given: 91
And now that you have sorted out the gurgling by adding a larger wick you will most likely be confronted with wicking issues which are solved by removing the larger wick.lol.good old kanger eh! dont ya just love emFacepalm
03/05/13 03:55 PM
nomrecigs Offline

Likes Given: 0
Sex:
I have a protank and must have struck it lucky as i have had no issues with it
03/05/13 03:57 PM
stevie44 Offline

Likes Given: 91
(03/05/13 03:57 PM)nomrecigs Wrote:  I have a protank and must have struck it lucky as i have had no issues with it
I have to assume the coils for these kangers are hand made in a factory,so we are in the hands of whoever makes the one we are vaping on.Im glad yours is a success but dont be getting too excited just yet.Inconsistency is the real problem here.Poor quality control.Just when you think you have found the answer,the only thing you really find are more questions.But sure it gives us something to come on and moan about.
03/05/13 04:14 PM
jimthecarper Offline
Mod Makers and Sellers

(03/05/13 04:14 PM)stevie44 Wrote:  
(03/05/13 03:57 PM)nomrecigs Wrote:  I have a protank and must have struck it lucky as i have had no issues with it
I have to assume the coils for these kangers are hand made in a factory,so we are in the hands of whoever makes the one we are vaping on.Im glad yours is a success but dont be getting too excited just yet.Inconsistency is the real problem here.Poor quality control.Just when you think you have found the answer,the only thing you really find are more questions.But sure it gives us something to come on and moan about.

Thats why I wont buy Kanger.
The Protank looks great, but they are basically a T3 and that means good ones and bad ones.

03/05/13 05:36 PM
Shaggy Offline

Likes Given: 382
Re: RE: Gurgling on a full tank in a Kanger Protank
(03/05/13 05:36 PM)jimthecarper Wrote:  
(03/05/13 04:14 PM)stevie44 Wrote:  

Thats why I wont buy Kanger.
The Protank looks great, but they are basically a T3 and that means good ones and bad ones.

Must be lucky. My protanks and evods are working superbly

03/05/13 09:25 PM
Tmax Offline
Dr Stanley Clark's Snake Oil
Vendors

Likes Given: 148
I bought about 5 T3's and they were all rubbish, then saw how to rebuild them and that really works.

I'm vaping my DIY on a 1.7ohm kanger now and the tanks down to 0.7ml with no gurgling all day. For a clearo its a good vape.

Rebuild the Protank and I'm sure you'll love it.

.... BTW I know thats NOT what you are meant to do when you buy something, I've so far not have to rebuild my iPhone !!!! Smiling

03/05/13 10:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)