Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Harsh throat hit, PG or VG issue?
SXGuy Offline

Likes Given: 76
Sex: Male
Harsh throat hit, PG or VG issue?
Basically, every juice ive tried in that last 3 or 4 weeks has given me such a harsh throat hit that i feel like i need to cough.

Ive tried PG/VG ratio's of 50/50 and 60/40 but neither are any different.

What ratio would you recommend i try to give a smoother throat hit without reducing the nic content?

Im vaping 18-24mg.

On a side note, should be receiving some Snake Juice today, cant wait!

17/07/13 08:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
DorsetVaper Offline

Likes Given: 39
Sex:
RE: Harsh throat hit, PG or VG issue?
hi dude,

really depends on the wattage you vape at. I find a lot of difference even with 1w. Just to give you an idea of what I am vaping right now:

Protank with 1.8ohm atty
50/50 18mg Grant's Vanilla Custard
eVic at 10.5w

I get a lot of throat hit, but I like that because I was used to the throat hit from rollies with no filters and that urge is satisfied.

On the other hand I have a RY4 36mg 60/40 home mixed with Cherry 0mg on my Vamo V2 and that is a bit sickening (either too high mg or simply I am getting so used to Grant's VC that the taste of tobacco is now an unbearable prospect!)

MAKE VAPE NOT WAR!
---------------------------------------------
VAMO V2 + Protank, eVic 1.3 + Evod, iClear 30 and other clearo's
17/07/13 09:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
DorsetVaper Offline

Sex:
from my little knowledge, I understand that a 60/40 PG/VG mix would have a higher throat hit than a 50/50 mix. Also it all depends on what liquid you vape and if it's steeped or not. Maybe others can chip in and answer this with much more experience than I have...Smiling

MAKE VAPE NOT WAR!
17/07/13 09:49 AM
al666 Offline

Likes Given: 7
Best bet would be to try some 100% VG (or as near as you can get) and/or maybe a lower nic strength. You can buy VG in chemists for pennies and dilute your existing juices as an experiment which will lower the nic and increase the VG level.

Of course it could just be that your throat is playing up, maybe because of increased pollen levels Smiling

Cheers,

Al.

17/07/13 09:51 AM
amitron Offline
Worthy of Laudation

Likes Given: 2,630
The more the vg content the smoother the throat hit. 50/50 should be quite smooth and 24mg for me at any rate is not much of a throat hit. Could be that your throat does not like PG.

Try what dorset says vaping at a lower voltage or wattage and take longer drawn out draws or do what al says and get some juices that are 100% vg. Mystic Vapour does 70/30 vg/pg I think as standard and no doubt other vendors do 100% vg custom mixes. I'm not that up on it anymore as I mix my own. I know you can buy liberty flights original range (hangsen) in 100% pg or 100%vg cheaply.
17/07/13 09:57 AM
SXGuy Offline

Likes Given: 76

you make some very good points, and my heyfever has been at its worst for the last 8 weeks than it has in years, that could be it!

The idea of diluting my current juice with VG from the chemist is interesting, I might give that a go, could be easier to diagnose that way than keep buying juices.

the original juice I bought was from mist e liquid, 18mg nic 50/50 I think. Its been steeping for a while now as ive not touched that in a few weeks, so I could give that a go and see if theres any difference to rule out that issue.

17/07/13 10:00 AM
mariofenech Offline

Likes Given: 6
Could even be a faulty coil...hotspots and so on...have you tryed vaping from something else....??

17/07/13 10:38 AM
Amazing Vape Offline
vendor
Vendors

Likes Given: 303
It could be the PG but you're already vaping smooth mixes. In that case, why don't you try getting down to 11/12 mg instead of 18/24? The more nic, the stronger the TH. You could also be getting a cold, still why don't you try it? It's the mg I've been using for ages and I'm not interested in upping them. I have a Frozen Apple (sample from the Club at the HoL) too at only 6 mg but I don't get much TH from it - still, it's nice.

Mmm, it could also be something with your clearos if you're using clearos, or your rebuildables if that's what it is. As a last resort it could be the particular juices you're vaping, I don't know...

17/07/13 11:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
DorsetVaper Offline

Sex:
I didn't know you can buy VG from chemists - do you just buy it off the shelf? Smiling so goona experiment now!

MAKE VAPE NOT WAR!
17/07/13 01:04 PM
amitron Offline
Worthy of Laudation

Likes Given: 2,630
Boots sell unflavoured plain pharma grade vg as a cough/throat remedy. Its good stuff.
17/07/13 01:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)