Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help me with rebuilding supplies and first RDA
welshdefender Offline

Likes Given: 39
Sex: Male
Help me with rebuilding supplies and first RDA
Good day all. Have decided to try and rebuild a few of my PT2 coils as I have quite a few old ones building up and dont want to throw them in the bin. Looking for a setup that will hopefully give me much better flavor than I am getting with the original ones as they seem very inconsistent. Sometimes getting lots of flavor, sometimes none and occasionally burnt, no matter what voltage or wattage I am putting through them. Have watched lots of videos on Youtube but have no idea where to get the wire and wick from. I have found Kanthal on a few sites but have no idea which one I need or what the difference is between them (A1 or D). I want to try using cotton wool as from what I have seen, most people seem to think it gives better vapor and flavor. Do I just use normal cotton balls from a chemist or something??

Also, I am looking for a dripper setup. Have never used one before so know nothing about them at all. Any recomendations for a suitable beginner dripper that I can have a play with and try rebuilding myself?? Preferably one that holds a bit of juice rather than just a couple of drops that needs topping up every couple of puffs.

Many thanks

Adam

07/10/13 01:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Cheekiecharlie Online
Forum Moderators

Likes Given: 2,749
RE: Help me with rebuilding supplies and first RDA
Try here
http://ukvapers.org/Thread-Places-to-buy...nical-info

Vaping is a passion not just a hobby Lecture

Still a mixologist extraordinare at heart
07/10/13 01:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Grumble Offline
Small stones worship me

Likes Given: 615
Sex: Undisclosed
I have an Octopus and an Igo-W and find the Octopus slightly easier to set up. I usually put about 8-10 drops in, dunno how many puffs that is.

<>

Not suitable for Badgers

07/10/13 04:17 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grumble's post:
rick (07/10/13)
welshdefender Offline

Likes Given: 39

Thanks both. Will check them out.

07/10/13 04:44 PM
Cheekiecharlie Online
Forum Moderators

Likes Given: 2,749
Forgot to add , kanthal A or D works

The difference is the maximum temperature they can take, with what we use it for , it doesn't come close to that temperature

Vaping is a passion not just a hobby Lecture

Still a mixologist extraordinare at heart
07/10/13 04:48 PM
thejewk Offline
Drippy
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 285
For an easy setup kanthal a1 0.2 mm wire wrapped over 2 or 3 mm silica 4 or 5 times will give you between 1.8 and 2.2 ohms and will give a decent vape. I use 0.2 kanthal wrapped over a needle or drill bit for cotton wicks. Fix the coil in place and then thread the cotton through. You can the. Reuse the coil and replace the cotton wool. In my experience cotton needs to be changed frequently, around every 2 days.

You can get small batches of silica and kanthal from ltecigs for a decent price if you want samples to play with. I am sure that there are much better places to buy large spools when you find what works for you.

All of the above is in reference to your question about dripping btw.

08/10/13 04:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)