Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help us save vaping
selkent1 Offline

Likes Given: 5
Sex:
RE: Help us save vaping
Ive not had a chance to go through the whole thread so if ive missed it i apologise, but anyone got any updates yet on TWs action?
29/12/16 07:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
@rattspitt Offline
Push the tempo

Likes Given: 1,338
Sex: Male
(29/12/16 07:30 PM)selkent1 Wrote:  Ive not had a chance to go through the whole thread so if ive missed it i apologise, but anyone got any updates yet on TWs action?
Sad to say it was killed off by corruption and ignorance.

31/12/16 08:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
selkent1 Offline

Sex:
(31/12/16 08:15 PM)@rattspitt Wrote:  
(29/12/16 07:30 PM)selkent1 Wrote:  Ive not had a chance to go through the whole thread so if ive missed it i apologise, but anyone got any updates yet on TWs action?
Sad to say it was killed off by corruption and ignorance.

In what way was it "Killed" off?
31/12/16 10:27 PM
sej016 Offline
Mainly E-Pipe Mods
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 1,125
Sex: Undisclosed
The directive was passed and has come into force. TW's challenge was dismissed.

This thread is now redundant.

Steve J
Vaporatum ergo sum

http://www.pipevapes.co.uk/
01/01/17 04:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
selkent1 Offline

Sex:
(01/01/17 04:58 PM)sej016 Wrote:  The directive was passed and has come into force. TW's challenge was dismissed.

This thread is now redundant.
A thread entitled "help us save vaping" is never redundant!

I have spent most of the day catching up on all developments of this and other issues involving our beloved vaping, and i cannot believe that here, in what is now 2017, people are allowed to turn such a blind eye, as it were, and such a high and blatant level of corruption exists! Its not as if we as vapers, just prefer our method, its also the case that as all the medical studies, test and medical professionals have said, there are minimal health risks, yet we are under fire!

Cigarettes kill well over 700000 people (i cant remember were i saw this figure, so if im wrong i apologise), globally every year, and yet the majority of this death is PREVENTABLE!.

Now i suppose that in a way, if regulations like this were to be imposed it would likely be the American government that would impose them first. The American Government must surly go down as the most corrupt in the west, so i don't expect there were many surprises there, but is all this going to have the disastrous effect on our industry the way some claim. YES we are under fire, and YES there is NO justification for it other than the political elite trying to protect the millions of dollars, pounds etc, that they make from cigarette sales. Then on the back of that there are the associated millions of dollars, pounds etc, that are made off the back of the large pharmaceutical companies working in league with the tobacco firms but actually not looking to achieve any outcome. As long as the millions keep rolling in and the people keep getting sick and dying, they are happy!

However, you can only bury the truth for so long. Eventually those in power will have to take note and listen. We have OVERWHELMING medical and scientific evidence in our favour and all they have is their balance sheet, The truth will out as they say!

Now i am only one person reading this and taking part on this forum, but i have so far accumulated a list of all my local MPs and local party members and lobbyists, and i plan of contacting them in every way possible and highlighting them to this issue, and for those who aren't already, that's what we should all be doing.

As for the effects it will have on our industry, i don't believe it will have the catastrophic effects that some say. Yes in the meantime we will have to get our nicotine shots separate from our e liquid and mix them ourselves, but it wont make a huge difference and i believe well all still be here vaping and enjoying the latest gear and flavours years down the line. The Americans might have a slightly harder road but like i said already, you cant bury the truth forever, no matter how big you are!

Yes totally wicked were, sadly unsuccessful on this occasion but that doesn't mean we all give up. All we need is a voice. Yes to some that might sound like a load of ideological clap trap but its the truth. Plus we all have the most powerful tool at our disposal, the internet, without which even less of us would have known anything about these ridiculous regulations than do already.

Its down to all of us to make as much noise as possible. We have the backing of most health professionals, scientists and researchers. We have the backing of proof and evidence. The only thing that back the tobacco industry is money and suffering. Time to make even more noise people!

How about everything sharing there thoughts on where these regulation could ACTUALLY lead us and ideas on how and whom to contact to get our message across!

Happy new year to all, by the way
01/01/17 05:31 PM
Damon65 Offline

Likes Given: 0
Sex:
WHO themselves say this century 1 BILLION will die from smoking related diseases and yet they are one of those against the vaping community its about money and power so we start educating the masses as churchill said give a working man a packet of crisps and a beer at the end of his working day he is happy educate him and you are in serious trouble Smiling
01/01/17 09:43 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Damon65's post:
selkent1 (01/01/17), taffyjock (04/01/17)
Smoke Bloke Offline
Shorty Mega Bore

Likes Given: 1,804
Sex: Undisclosed
We didn't even get the crisps and the beer.

03/01/17 06:16 AM
Vapeoholic Offline

Likes Given: 1,559
Sex: Female
signed again

No matter HOW you vape enjoy YOUR style and be very proud of the fact that you no longer smoke.
(This post was last modified: 04/01/17 11:06 PM by Vapeoholic.)
04/01/17 11:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)