Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
Hi Def Review Of The GP Spheroid Rebuildable Atomiser
Vapid Offline

Likes Given: 939
Sex: Male
RE: Hi Def Review Of The GP Spheroid Rebuildable Atomiser
Thankfully production of the Spheroid will continue.

Fine#02#22:Juggernaut#34:MISTerV3 x2:ProVariV2:Don:PapsLUX:Piccolo:Versa Hybrid/Dripper
GenesisLV:HFMiniMega:LineSS:NahualV2:Nahualon:Spheroid
05/08/12 12:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Phil A Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

Likes Given: 999
(05/08/12 12:49 PM)PapaLazarou Wrote:  
(05/08/12 02:43 AM)Perseas Wrote:  
(04/08/12 09:41 PM)igetcha Wrote:  
(04/08/12 09:35 PM)phillips900 Wrote:  Do any of your other fibre wick attys have a central air hole Scott? Just wondering if thats what's effecting the flavour quite so much.

hi mate,

as far as i can remember it is the only one that has the air hole in that position. like yourself, to me it also seems to be the only logical reason why the flavour is stronger Smiling

At first, I really want to thank you for your review, it was very detailed as all your reviews and I am very - very happy that you like our atomizer Big Grin

About the taste:
We imagined a miniature of an alchemical athanor that is a flavour concentrator with a small fire which has a steady airflow exactly in the center under the coil.
The air hits the coil directly, then swirls in the chamber before being sucked out through the hemispherical cone, we call it bell, and then back into a larger mouth piece which creates a bit of Venturi effect.
The airflow is responsible for the strong flavour, that was the initial project. Later on, we perfected the hemispherical bell as a concentrator for the flavour, we experimented 4 months to find the right shape of the bowl, its depth, distance from the wick, and the correct internal diameter of the tube.The Venturi effect is a key element in the atomizers, Zen always uses it in his creations. We tried to balance, the taste-throat hit-capacity-simplicity and we have succeeded, till the moment, we discover what else could be improved in the GP SPHEROID.

Nice that so much thought has gone into the design. Well done!

I agree - I can't say I understand everything he's written there but it does and incredible level of attention to detail and really makes me want to buy one!

05/08/12 12:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Perseas Offline
Be Vapour My Friend !
Mod Vendors

Likes Given: 370
Skott is very precise in his description, Penelope, Oddy, Iatty have an airflow from the bottom generally, but GP SPHEROID has an center air hole exactly under the coil and it is unique in that design.
Steam Machine has a side air hole like A2, Line etc.

05/08/12 03:55 PM
Vapid Offline

Sorry this is off topic but the Steam Machine has 2 holes in the skirt that feed into the connector so air is delivered up through the center into the base of the ceramic directly below the wick. Not like the Line or Bulli that feed air from the side into the chamber.

Fine#02#22:Juggernaut#34:MISTerV3 x2:ProVariV2:Don:PapsLUX:Piccolo:Versa Hybrid/Dripper
05/08/12 11:50 PM
Perseas Offline
Be Vapour My Friend !
Mod Vendors

Likes Given: 370
(05/08/12 11:50 PM)Vapid Wrote:  Sorry this is off topic but the Steam Machine has 2 holes in the skirt that feed into the connector so air is delivered up through the center into the base of the ceramic directly below the wick. Not like the Line or Bulli that feed air from the side into the chamber.
Most atomizers have 2 holes in the 510 connector, but we referring to something completely different, the airflow is direct in Spheroid, not indirect and through a ceramic, it is a different approach with a much simpler design and more efficient for me.

06/08/12 12:17 AM
Vapid Offline

(06/08/12 12:17 AM)Perseas Wrote:  Most atomizers have 2 holes in the 510 connector, but we referring to something completely different, the airflow is direct in Spheroid, not indirect and through a ceramic, it is a different approach with a much simpler design and more efficient for me.

Indeed, your design does look very simple and efficient. I'm certainly looking forward to mine arriving.

06/08/12 09:59 AM
Bog Rat Offline
Big Member
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 833
(05/08/12 03:55 PM)Perseas Wrote:  GP SPHEROID has an center air hole exactly under the coil and it is unique in that design.

Clockworks rta is the same, maybe that's why the rta brings out the flavour so well too
06/08/12 11:44 AM
oneeye1 Offline

Likes Given: 55
Sex: Undisclosed
well beause of this review i have spent some more of my kids inheritance ill get them to give you a bell.

custard tastes well tho

15/03/13 02:12 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like oneeye1's post:
Governa (15/03/13), igetcha (15/03/13)
igetcha Offline
E-Cig-Reviews.com

Likes Given: 324
Sex: Undisclosed

lol, nice one mate Big Grin

15/03/13 02:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Joe77 Offline

Likes Given: 1
My favorite posh atty...great taste !!

Mods: Vision spinner 1300. SS Vamo. Zmax. GP Piccolo
Atomisers: Clearomisers. Evod bcc, Vivi nova. Aga-T2. Nautilus. GP Spheroid
15/03/13 10:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)