Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
How to make eLiquid
Braadlee Offline
Master of Disaster

Likes Given: 137
Sex: Male

RE: How to make eLiquid
(21/05/15 05:30 PM)Rocksta Wrote:  Everything turned up today. also had to order some scales as I needed menthol crystals. Well I made up 10ml of my daily Eliquid strawberry cream and menthol. I followed his recipe and it tastes great.
About to go and make 100ml of it and let it steep for a day or so.

One question though. Normally the Eliquid is red but all the ingredients are clear. I'm guessing it still turns red?

Got to wait till payday to order some Heisenberg as I'm broke this month Sad
Can't wait to try it though.

(04/06/15 03:51 PM)Rocksta Wrote:  Just mixed the this liquid but went for a 70pg 30vg and damn what a nice liquid it is.
I do think 20% may be a bit much for me though so may drop it to 15%.

Thank you again for the video. Really gave me the confidence to give it a try.

The eliquid can change colour with steeping mate! Smiling
And heisenberg? Im glad you like it! I personally prefer 20%, but i do mention in the video 15 is a pretty good number to start at for a lot of concentrates, or even at something like 5, and work your way up if youre unsure!!!

No problems Rocksta! Glad i could help! Keep it up

05/06/15 09:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Rocksta Offline

Likes Given: 10
How to make eLiquid
Hey brad. Any chance you will be doing a more advance mixing video?

I want to attempt to make a cherry bakewell but I know it means I will need a few flavours. Problem with that is it makes it difficult to get the percentages right. I'm guessing it's going to be more trial and error at the start.
How would you recommend I start?

16/06/15 05:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Braadlee Offline
Master of Disaster

(16/06/15 05:03 PM)Rocksta Wrote:  Hey brad. Any chance you will be doing a more advance mixing video?

I want to attempt to make a cherry bakewell but I know it means I will need a few flavours. Problem with that is it makes it difficult to get the percentages right. I'm guessing it's going to be more trial and error at the start.

Ooo thats a hard one,
it really is trial and error, you could test each flavour individually, see what % it is best at, then chuck them all together at those percentages, but if that means more than 20% concentrate, maybe take an equal percentage of each concentrate away and get it as close to 20, or 15, as you can,
or you could just guess by reviews, flavour type, etc, and lets say you were doing a chocolate banana bix, you could thing, hmm the banana is weak and the chocolate is too strong, so next time around you could add more banana and less chocolate

16/06/15 08:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
kirkatronics Offline

Likes Given: 9
Sex:
Fantastic video, i was only going to watch 5 minutes but ended up watching the whole thing.
I hope you make plenty of revenue from it Smiling
17/07/15 11:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
scottish-jim Offline

Likes Given: 91
Great video Smiling

Thanks for that Thumbs Up

Jim

iStick 30W & 50W |Nautilus | 2 x Nautilus Mini | Subtank Nano | Subtank Mini | Vaporesso Target | Aspire ET-S

18/07/15 03:56 PM
greencloud Offline
cheapskate

Likes Given: 33
(16/06/15 08:07 PM)Braadlee Wrote:  
(16/06/15 05:03 PM)Rocksta Wrote:  Hey brad. Any chance you will be doing a more advance mixing video?

Ooo thats a hard one,
it really is trial and error, you could test each flavour individually, see what % it is best at, then chuck them all together at those percentages, but if that means more than 20% concentrate, maybe take an equal percentage of each concentrate away and get it as close to 20, or 15, as you can,
or you could just guess by reviews, flavour type, etc, and lets say you were doing a chocolate banana bix, you could thing, hmm the banana is weak and the chocolate is too strong, so next time around you could add more banana and less chocolate

Good call, Brad. I agree its all about experimenting. I mostly vape fruit flavours and it was an easy way to start developing my own mixes. I try all of my concentrates mixed standalone to get an idea of strength. Some stuff is like 3% where others are more like 20%, so you cant just add equal amounts or the stronger flavours can kill the delicate ones. Mix them in proportion initially (like 1.5% and 10% for the example above) and see where it comes out, then tweak to your taste. Avoid the temptation to try and put 15 flavours in a mix straight away and hope it comes out wonderful. 99% of all such attempts will result in drain fodder!

It also helps that I'm not too fussy, so I'm happy to vape everything I mix (just keep tweaking the next bottle, and remember to write it all down with notes on the taste ).
17/08/15 08:33 PM
Braadlee Offline
Master of Disaster

(17/08/15 08:33 PM)greencloud Wrote:  
(16/06/15 08:07 PM)Braadlee Wrote:  

Ooo thats a hard one,

Good call, Brad. I agree its all about experimenting. I mostly vape fruit flavours and it was an easy way to start developing my own mixes. I try all of my concentrates mixed standalone to get an idea of strength. Some stuff is like 3% where others are more like 20%, so you cant just add equal amounts or the stronger flavours can kill the delicate ones. Mix them in proportion initially (like 1.5% and 10% for the example above) and see where it comes out, then tweak to your taste. Avoid the temptation to try and put 15 flavours in a mix straight away and hope it comes out wonderful. 99% of all such attempts will result in drain fodder!

It also helps that I'm not too fussy, so I'm happy to vape everything I mix (just keep tweaking the next bottle, and remember to write it all down with notes on the taste ).

Sounds like you have more patience then I do! I must get back into complex mixes, I'm dying to make a limey cakey flavour

18/08/15 12:19 PM
ArifShahar Offline

Likes Given: 0
Hi Guys,

Can someone teach me how to brew with 3 flavor?
I've read 1 article about vapor flavoring with 3 flavor. when inhale and exhale have different taste.
how did they do it?
it really take my intention to learn to brew the flavor like that. ReadABook
12/10/15 07:59 AM
Braadlee Offline
Master of Disaster

(12/10/15 07:59 AM)ArifShahar Wrote:  Hi Guys,

Can someone teach me how to brew with 3 flavor?
I've read 1 article about vapor flavoring with 3 flavor. when inhale and exhale have different taste.
how did they do it?
it really take my intention to learn to brew the flavor like that. ReadABook

It all comes with trial and error. Decide what flavour you want, for example lets say a blueberry cupcake flavour.

You may want to buy the following flavours:
Blueberry,
Vanilla Cupcake
and possible some caramel or cream to lift it up.

From there, you have to figure out what percentage (%) the flavours work best at, for arguments sake, we'll say they all work great at 10%.
You want to really limit your amount of concentrates at around 15-20%, so having 10% of each would not be nan option. So you could try having them all even at 6% of each in a single mix.

You may find that one certain flavour over powers the rest, for example, the vanilla cupcake. So you could try lowering that to 5 or 4% and mix a new batch.
From here you may find you want to raise or lower other flavours to get the perfect balance, or you may even want to bring in other flavours to fill it out.

It is a long process, but to get something perfect, its worth it

12/10/15 11:58 AM
artace Offline

Likes Given: 3
Sex:
Hi Brad

Really cool vid and useful to me as just starting my own diy juices. Thumbsupsmileyanim In fact only started vaping couple of months back.
Hope you will do more in a similar fashion in future - maybe addressing blends/mixes and any you may be developing yourself.

Have just started with a blackcurrant and licorice flavour from FlavourArt in a 6mg/ml nic base from same and 50 50 pg/vg.
Decided to go for FlavourArt starter kit as I knew nothing about it then. Bit impatient to get started - one of my faults!
Probably a mistake as they do both nic and flavours in their own unique (and maybe irregular) proportions/concentrations - and not particularly cheap compared with what I've discovered since.
But importantly, suppose at least I know all their stuff is "safe".

Great Vid - keep up the good work
23/10/15 09:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)