Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
IClear 16 vs evod
dbairduk Offline

Likes Given: 10
Sex:
IClear 16 vs evod
I have got both the evod and IClear 16 so thought I would share my thoughts on them
I bought the iClear first and was initially quite impressed.

The flavour and amount of vapour was great. I used it for about 4-days. I had a couple of accidents unscrewing the tank from the base and spilling the liquid. On round about the 4th day the rubber seal broke on the base. It did not leak as such. The next problem was that the tank came away from the metal part that screws onto the base. I twisted it back in but its now on an angle. The IClear 16 also seems to drink juice allot quicker than any of my other tanks or clearos. Maybe this is why I am getting a good vape and nice flavour.

I decided to add the Kanger evod to my collection. I ordered this in brushed metal, and it looks amazing on my ego twist metal finish battery. This clearo is built very well and I can't see it breaking. The flavour is not quite as full as the IClear, but the juice lasts longe. The flavour is miles better than my CE4 though. I did get some problems with gurgling, but taking it apart and wiping everything seemed to fix the issue.

I have just replaced my IClear 16 with a new one, and can see me using this round the house more than the evod. I think I will use the evod when I am out and about for its durability and appealing looks.
25/05/13 03:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes dbairduk's post:
Digicig (27/06/13)
Manic_Medic Offline

Likes Given: 1,075
Sex: Male
RE: IClear 16 vs evod
Both iclears are dual coii with double the wicks of a ce4/5, which is why it drinksvthe juice.
But I agree, they are a far better vape than ce4s or evods.

26/05/13 12:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
dbairduk Offline

Likes Given: 10
Sex:

well after a few beers and a curry last night the drip tip snapped off from my new iclear16! Left the metal thread still in there so I cant even stick a new drip tip in lol... I do like them but they are on the flimsy side. I am back on my evod for now. ... I said I would only be using the Iclear round the house and wish I had stuck to it.
27/05/13 10:07 AM
Chrido81 Offline
Chris D

Likes Given: 177
I agree mate. The iClear 16s are flimsy, but they perform really well.

29/05/13 11:37 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chrido81's post:
djsvapour (31/05/13)
sparklewolf Offline

Likes Given: 149
i got 2 iclear 16's with my itaste mvp and I filled one with some t-juice bubble gun to try it out
awful.
I occasionally got a hint of the juice's flavour but in general it was a tight pretty much flavourless draw

dont know what it is about me and clearos that mean we don't get on, but still disappointed whenever I try one
30/05/13 07:17 AM
grannyscoobs Offline

Likes Given: 7
Sex: Female
I have a ce5 and the flavour from that is much better than from my evod,and it makes alot more vapour as well,i love it...!
31/05/13 11:31 PM
Digicig Offline
Discalceated Vaper

Likes Given: 2,128
wasn't initially a fan of the iClear 16 - much preferred me Evods - but as i got a couple with me MVP thought i'd persevere an ickle. Then remembered me CE4-510 DT adapter Wink

Huge improvement - less spitting juice and feels better to use. Does run thirsty but with DIY juice i don't mind that much. Haven't really used an Evod or even me Spheroid since - tho sure i will once the novelty wears off Big Grin

27/06/13 11:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Tmax Offline
Dr Stanley Clark's Snake Oil
Vendors

Likes Given: 148
I've a couple of iClear30s - maybe I should give 'em another go

Assume the 16s and 30s are similar just more wicks and a silly mouthpiece???

Thanks for posting this.
T

28/06/13 12:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
DorsetVaper Offline

Likes Given: 39
Sex:
my iClear 30 drinks a fair amount of juice compared to my Protank - it does not surprise me as it has a double coil - my biggest gripe with it is how airy it is and the fact that it seems to turn the juice gooey and burning in taste as compared to the bottom coiled Protank which I love the most.

MAKE VAPE NOT WAR!
---------------------------------------------
VAMO V2 + Protank, eVic 1.3 + Evod, iClear 30 and other clearo's
28/06/13 10:41 AM
Digicig Offline
Discalceated Vaper

Likes Given: 2,128
iCloear 16 - pretty much a Dual Coil Stardust/eGo Vision/CE4 - with the CE4-510 DT adapter spot on

iClear 30 - more Nova size - and no adapter so hae to use the one provided

Will try and swap the head from th 16 to the 30 i have later - to give them a go Wink

28/06/13 12:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)