Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Innokin iTaste SVD faulty button and repair.
jonnyboi Offline

Likes Given: 11
Sex: Male
Innokin iTaste SVD faulty button and repair.
Six weeks I bought an Innokin iTaste SVD and was delighted with it till it started turning itself off mid-vape. The button lost its click and after a month it had no spring to it and was useless. I took it back to the shop and they gave me a new body. After three weeks it is starting again...the button has lost its click, is less springy and is turning off mid-vape. I assume they are a faulty batch of switches that Innokin is using.

I don't want another that is going to do the same. I would like to get the circuitry out and solder in a new micro-switch. I have removed the screws from the screen and tried poking the circuitry out to no avail. I have tried unscrewing the assembly on the top and pulling it out by the top circuit contact pole with fine pliers but no success. I have searched the web but had no luck. Any ideas?
29/09/13 12:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
GT-0161 Online

Likes Given: 79
Sex:
RE: Innokin iTaste SVD faulty button and repair.
My SVD did the same there the old version & are prone to it
I would ask for a refund!
The new SVD with black button & screen is much better İmage
30/09/13 09:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
jonnyboi Offline

(30/09/13 09:57 PM)GT-0161 Wrote:  My SVD did the same there the old version & are prone to it

This is the new one with the black button :-(

Don't think I will get a refund as I was told the warranty was only for a month and I don't think it would apply to the second one. But it is worth a try. I would like to replace it with a decent button as I am guessing they are all the same.

How long have you had yours and the button is fine?
30/09/13 11:43 PM
GT-0161 Online

Likes Given: 79
Sex:
(30/09/13 11:43 PM)jonnyboi Wrote:  
(30/09/13 09:57 PM)GT-0161 Wrote:  My SVD did the same there the old version & are prone to it

This is the new one with the black button :-(

Don't think I will get a refund as I was told the warranty was only for a month and I don't think it would apply to the second one. But it is worth a try. I would like to replace it with a decent button as I am guessing they are all the same.

How long have you had yours and the button is fine?

My old one i had for 2 months this one i have had 1 month altho i have mainly been using a mech
Im pretty sure no matter what you have 12months if they argue say you will take them to small claims court i think anyway pretty sure in your rights you have 12month warranty
30/09/13 11:45 PM
jonnyboi Offline

Thing is...apart from the button, I love it. I'd prefer to repair it and keep it. I'm on it all day so wear out the button probably quicker than the average user (I used to smoke 40 a day), so maybe this problem has not been highlighted with other users yet or maybe I just got one from a bad batch. Think I will hold onto it to see if a repair appears and get a mechanical mod in the mean time which can take being pressed a thousand times a day. Was thinking of a smoktech magneto for now.
01/10/13 07:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)