Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Intermediate Kit Purchase help
mellow yellow Offline

Likes Given: 12
Sex:
Intermediate Kit Purchase help
I'm currently using an EGO aio and have been doing for a few weeks whilst i decide if vaping is for me....... and i've decide it is HeHe!

So i'm happy with the ego for in the car and at the pub etc but i would like something more substantial for at home.

I've recently been using the EGO with the 0.5 coil and inhaling dtl and think dtl is the way forward for me.

I have narrowed it down to the
Pico 75w TC kit, i think this is the ideal step up it just looks a bit girly, but i have found the all matt black version which helps. Not sure about the melo 3 mini tank though.
or the inokkin Cortex 80w tc kit, this has the isub s tank. looks a bit strange with the display on the bottom though
or a curve ball with the aspire odyssey mini kit. this has the pegusus mini mod and triton mini tank, but i think this is more aimed at mtl, but i do love the look of it, but the guy in the local shop said they arnt great.

I have a budget of £50.00 all in so need to factor batteries in too.

Can anyone throw any opinions at me on any of the above?

i have also looked into the Triton s tank which has been recommended on here, but i dont like the look of it and the idea that it is to be discontinued doesnt fill me with hope.
22/12/16 01:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
MDC Online

Likes Given: 203
Sex: Male
RE: Intermediate Kit Purchase help
(22/12/16 01:33 PM)mellow yellow Wrote:  I'm currently using an EGO aio and have been doing for a few weeks whilst i decide if vaping is for me....... and i've decide it is HeHe!

So i'm happy with the ego for in the car and at the pub etc but i would like something more substantial for at home.

I've recently been using the EGO with the 0.5 coil and inhaling dtl and think dtl is the way forward for me.

I have narrowed it down to the
Pico 75w TC kit, i think this is the ideal step up it just looks a bit girly, but i have found the all matt black version which helps. Not sure about the melo 3 mini tank though.
or the inokkin Cortex 80w tc kit, this has the isub s tank. looks a bit strange with the display on the bottom though
or a curve ball with the aspire odyssey mini kit. this has the pegusus mini mod and triton mini tank, but i think this is more aimed at mtl, but i do love the look of it, but the guy in the local shop said they arnt great.

I have a budget of £50.00 all in so need to factor batteries in too.

Can anyone throw any opinions at me on any of the above?

i have also looked into the Triton s tank which has been recommended on here, but i dont like the look of it and the idea that it is to be discontinued doesnt fill me with hope.

While I'm mostly MTL, the Melo 3 mini is a decent DTL tank, got 2 with my Picos. Runs nicely, tried 35-50w.

Either use stock vertical coils and throw away when done, or buy ECR coils and rewick/rebuild.

Also tried them on a Wsimec Presa 75w, less of the "girly" look if that bothers you.
22/12/16 01:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
mellow yellow Offline

Sex:

i think the all matt black pico looks decent actually. the tank was a concern as i couldnt find much info on it. I will probably stick to stock coils for now but rebuilding will definately be something i look into in the future along with TC.
22/12/16 01:51 PM
MDC Online

(22/12/16 01:51 PM)mellow yellow Wrote:  i think the all matt black pico looks decent actually. the tank was a concern as i couldnt find much info on it. I will probably stick to stock coils for now but rebuilding will definately be something i look into in the future along with TC.

Got mine from here, less than £24. Tank comes with 2 EC coils. Tried one briefly before getting the ECRs.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/1001...pv-box-mod
22/12/16 02:10 PM
mellow yellow Offline

Sex:

found this one from UK, i dont mind spending a bit more for faster delivery and UK source

https://www.sparksecigs.co.uk/products/e...2930867142

and these batteries - 2 x Samsung INR18650-25R 18650 UNPROTECTED 3.7V 2500 mAh / 10C High Drain Rechargeable Battery

I'll run the stock coils and do some reading on alternatives. The stock set up looks to have some good reviews and plenty of power for its size!....

my favourite reviewer ;-) ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrGA1RHvGmc
something about her voice that is very soothing! she could sell me anything!!!!
22/12/16 02:24 PM
MDC Online

(22/12/16 02:24 PM)mellow yellow Wrote:  found this one from UK, i dont mind spending a bit more for faster delivery and UK source

and these batteries - 2 x Samsung INR18650-25R 18650 UNPROTECTED 3.7V 2500 mAh / 10C High Drain Rechargeable Battery

I'll run the stock coils and do some reading on alternatives. The stock set up looks to have some good reviews and plenty of power for its size!....

Looks like she hasSmiling Unfortunately the link shows black out of stock.

Good battery choice, they are the ones I use.
22/12/16 02:31 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes MDC's post:
mellow yellow (22/12/16)
mellow yellow Offline

Sex:

(22/12/16 02:31 PM)MDC Wrote:  
(22/12/16 02:24 PM)mellow yellow Wrote:  found this one from UK, i dont mind spending a bit more for faster delivery and UK source

Looks like she hasSmiling Unfortunately the link shows black out of stock.

Good battery choice, they are the ones I use.

I got the last one Cool
22/12/16 02:38 PM
firtle Offline

Likes Given: 85
Sex: Undisclosed
MDC are the ECR coils decent for the melo?

Looking for something to match the ego one clr
22/12/16 02:40 PM
SafEvo Offline

Likes Given: 30
Sex:
I started with the EGO AIO, awesome little device. Still use it.
I upgraded to the SMOK Osub 80w.
It has built in big 3300mah battery so no messing about with 18650's, spares and separate chargers.
Can be had within your budget. Overall its a very nice device and the fire bar is cool too, just tighten your grip to fire.

1 word of warning with this Osub kit though, the Brit Beast tank is very thirsty, burns juice for fun but does give you massive flavour and clouds in return.
I had to switch to an iSub V tank to make the juice last longer.

Also, i will state a few things that i wasn't prepared for when going from MTL to DL/DTL in general.
1. Consumption of juice will at least double. So always keep a bottle with you if you take it out.
2. You may have to buy more juice with lower PG and nic content (the 60/40 6mg juice i used in the AIO is harsh in this)
3. The massive increase in flavour will make you will vape ALOT more.
4. DTL vaping indoor will set off the smoke alarms at home lol

Hope this helps.

(22/12/16 04:25 PM)SafEvo Wrote:  I started with the EGO AIO, awesome little device. Still use it.
I upgraded to the SMOK Osub 80w.
It has built in big 3300mah battery so no messing about with 18650's, spares and separate chargers.
Can be had within your budget. Overall its a very nice device and the fire bar is cool too, just tighten your grip to fire.

1 word of warning with this Osub kit though, the Brit Beast tank is very thirsty, burns juice for fun but does give you massive flavour and clouds in return.
I had to switch to an iSub V tank to make the juice last longer.

Also, i will state a few things that i wasn't prepared for when going from MTL to DL/DTL in general.
1. Consumption of juice will at least double. So always keep a bottle with you if you take it out.
2. You may have to buy more juice with lower PG and nic content (the 60/40 6mg juice i used in the AIO is harsh in this)
3. The massive increase in flavour will make you will vape ALOT more.
4. DTL vaping indoor will set off the smoke alarms at home lol

Hope this helps.

p.s a colleague uses the iStick Pico and loves it so good choice there.
(This post was last modified: 22/12/16 04:26 PM by SafEvo.)
22/12/16 04:25 PM
MDC Online

(22/12/16 02:40 PM)firtle Wrote:  MDC are the ECR coils decent for the melo?

Looking for something to match the ego one clr

Not really, they are much airier - suited only for DTL at higher power. They do some MTL coils for the Melo, but not rebuildable. Might see if I can combine the 2 - air flow of the MTL bottom pin and rebuildable top?

Joyetech seem to be moving toward cloud vapers, so get their kit while you can. Fasttech are still selling Tron-s and CLRs.
22/12/16 04:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)