Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Intermediate Kit Purchase help
nisam Offline

Likes Given: 2,482
Sex:
RE: Intermediate Kit Purchase help
(01/01/17 11:06 PM)Barnweld Wrote:  She's hot but her nails are a fail. However I'd could over look that small detail. Great review aswell ha ha! Smiling

How benevolent of you.

I'm sure she'd be delighted by this news.
02/01/17 09:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes nisam's post:
anditweighsaton (13/01/17)
Barnweld Offline

Likes Given: 719
Sex: Male
(02/01/17 09:29 AM)nisam Wrote:  
(01/01/17 11:06 PM)Barnweld Wrote:  She's hot but her nails are a fail. However I'd could over look that small detail. Great review aswell ha ha! Smiling

How benevolent of you.

I'm sure she'd be delighted by this news.

Probably not but it's a goth thing. Smiling
02/01/17 10:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Barnweld's post:
nisam (02/01/17)
mellow yellow Offline

Likes Given: 12
Sex:

so the pico is going well but as with most things in life i want to meddle and make it better, i'm using the 0.5ohm coil at the moment at around 40-45w and getting good flavour from the standard melo3 tank..... i did try the 0.3 coil but it needed more power to get a good vape and i soon went back to the 0.5, so that is where i would like to stay i think, so i will be purchasing some more 0.5s very soon, but i may also get an ECR while i'm at it to see how that goes...... either that or a Cleito to try out instead as i've heard good things about them on the Pico mini.

my little query is, am i going to get much more our of an ECR than a prebuilt coil? or would my £££ be better spent on a Cleito and then look at rebuilding them in the future which i see is also possible.
12/01/17 01:42 PM
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 202
(12/01/17 01:42 PM)mellow yellow Wrote:  so the pico is going well but as with most things in life i want to meddle and make it better, i'm using the 0.5ohm coil at the moment at around 40-45w and getting good flavour from the standard melo3 tank..... i did try the 0.3 coil but it needed more power to get a good vape and i soon went back to the 0.5, so that is where i would like to stay i think, so i will be purchasing some more 0.5s very soon, but i may also get an ECR while i'm at it to see how that goes...... either that or a Cleito to try out instead as i've heard good things about them on the Pico mini.

my little query is, am i going to get much more our of an ECR than a prebuilt coil? or would my £££ be better spent on a Cleito and then look at rebuilding them in the future which i see is also possible.

I have some ECR coils, bought them thinking they may be MTL like the CLRs for the Tron/Ego tanks, but they are definitely DTL, very easy air flow. Rebuilt one to 1 ohm, 0.4mm kanthal/nickel NR-R-NR wire, and it works nicely DTL from 30w upwards. Certainly worth a try.
12/01/17 05:04 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes MDC's post:
mellow yellow (12/01/17)
mellow yellow Offline

Sex:

I'll give them a go I think, I'll get some standard ones also.
12/01/17 06:52 PM
Vaper Meldrew Offline

Likes Given: 7
Sex:
I didn't have much luck with the ECR's. First one I tried was shorted so I recoiled it and ended up with 1.4ohm which was useless with so much airflow. Second one reads 1.11ohms, I've used it a bit and rewicked a couple of times but much more than 15 watts starts to taste slightly burnt and at such low wattage the ramp-up is just annoying. Really needs a positive pin with less airflow.
MDC- have you tried the 0.75 ECML coils yet? They still look like huge airflow from the pics.
13/01/17 05:02 AM
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 202
(13/01/17 05:02 AM)Vaper Meldrew Wrote:  I didn't have much luck with the ECR's. First one I tried was shorted so I recoiled it and ended up with 1.4ohm which was useless with so much airflow. Second one reads 1.11ohms, I've used it a bit and rewicked a couple of times but much more than 15 watts starts to taste slightly burnt and at such low wattage the ramp-up is just annoying. Really needs a positive pin with less airflow.
MDC- have you tried the 0.75 ECML coils yet? They still look like huge airflow from the pics.

Curious, as I've said, mine were fine at much higher power levels, at 15w they would be far too cool. My coil was 0.4mm NR-R-NR Kanthal/Nickel, Scottish Roll wicked.

I think I have some ECMLs on the way from China, let you know how they go.
13/01/17 08:16 AM
mellow yellow Offline

Sex:

might be a new tank for me now anyway, dropped it this morn and now its not reading the atomizer, i need to take it to bits and see if the coil needs tightening as i have read that could be the issue, fingers crossed. just at work at the moment with no spare juice so will have to wait til tonight.
13/01/17 10:18 AM
mellow yellow Offline

Sex:

........... all is good, it was the coil i think, just unscrewed it and reitightened it and it worked as normal, noticed it was ready for a change too so swapped it out for a new one.
13/01/17 12:43 PM
mellow yellow Offline

Sex:

i've been going through juice like a good'un now, so decided to buy a cleito anyway for the extra 1.5ml capacity. I couldn't get the tube of the base to clean it and prime the coil so being impatient i just filled it and left it overnight to hopefully prime itself today..... i was happy with the melo3 but think shinyitus is setting in already :-) i will report back with my findings.
18/01/17 09:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)