Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Poll: Did vaping save your money?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is vaping saving your money?
human cannonball Offline

Likes Given: 1
Sex:
RE: Is vaping saving your money?
I'm pretty new to vaping, into my second week now and definately saving money! And this is a good thing, but... i'm really missing the retail experience. There is something special about walking to service station at 2am to buy a packet of rizlas.
11/01/16 12:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
ilsenator Offline
Steaming.

Likes Given: 78
Sex: Male
My e liquid consumption costs less than my tobacco consumption used to, so vaping is sort of saving me money... but collecting mods and atties is costing me a bloody fortune!
11/01/16 03:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
jon smith Offline

Likes Given: 53
Sex:
without adding the cost of mods tanks and drippers which I class as a justified monthly treat if ive earned a lot of overtime I spend on average about 7 pound a week with bulk orders of pg vg and concentrate plus wire and cotton compared to about 25 pound a week on tobacco and papers and large amounts of chewing gum and breath mints
11/04/16 10:03 PM
TheVDM Offline

Likes Given: 20
I'm voting yes, but hoping the long term answer is no.

At the moment I have definitely spent (considerably) more that I would have on rollies, but... I have invested in a small collection of mods, tanks, RBA's, RDA and e-liquid mixing supplies. Now I have purchased all the hardware that I feel I need to cover any equipment failures and to allow me to become a bit more self efficient I should start saving money drastically, well once I have perfected a couple of DIY recipes to vape!
27/04/16 02:56 PM
akchena Offline

Likes Given: 20
Sex: Female
Oh, I really love polls! Sometimes I learn so much about others and myself from them. Smiling

At first I was wasting a lot of money on the vaping stuff. I spared no resources in search of my ideal device and best liquid.
Later on, I calmed down, and my vaping expenses decreased as well.

Now I buy only PG/VG & nic every six months. I've provided myself with such a great amount of flavors, it will be enough for me to last 100 years Smiling.

I still buy new devices sometimes, but after spending some time with them I usually sell or just give them to somebody. My permanently-used devices are the ones that were bought quite some time ago and suit me perfectly.

So my answer is: "Yes, vaping's definitely saving my money".
15/09/16 11:17 AM
Juice head Online
Back to basics!

Likes Given: 2,307
A year ago I answered NO to this question as I was in the grips of Vaping as a hobby and subsequently spent as much on vaping gear as I used to on cigarettes.

Now I have lost interest in the Hobby side I am saving a lot of money.

Regularly £250+ left in my account before payday whereas before I was always close to 'The red line' Wink

16/09/16 01:26 PM
Amazing Vape Offline

Likes Given: 980
And I must say that since I decided to go the DIY route vaping is costing me next to nothing.

A site about the facts and history of vaping (but most probably never): http://www.amazingvape.weebly.com
16/09/16 02:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Richard46 Offline
Talking Backwards

Likes Given: 1,314
Sex: Undisclosed
Yep after a very expensive 18 months I think I have spent about £800 on vaping this year; about £300 less than I used to spend on rollies in a year.

That includes buying an Ubertoot; 2 x rx200s plus about 4L of 72mg Nic + lots of VG/PG which will will last me and a friend I mix for for years.
In theory I could get through the next year or three just buying some flavourings although obviously that ain't going to happen. HeHe!

16/09/16 02:39 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Richard46's post:
NorthStaR (16/09/16), taffyjock (22/09/16)
LasloFienstein Offline

Likes Given: 7
Well as a Scot the prospect of saving money appealed from the outset - I knew I'd have to purchase devices and tanks, but my only concern was the price of e-liquid - so I promptly started making my own - and I can now say hand on heart that it has made a huge difference. I have only purchased one mod this year; not to say that I'm a saint - just broke! So I've entered a few comps and won a few bits and pieces, which have kept me happy. I've also been able to give a few devices away to my vapefam - and have a couple of things to give to them over the holidays - some I've tried and decided they're not for me - and others - like a tank I received with a mod - were never going to suit my style of vaping - I buy all my DIY supplies in bulk - I make up batches of around 400ml which last me 3-4 weeks, and when I compare that with the £140 I was spending on ciggies per 4 weeks, I'd be surprised if I was spending a quarter of that, even when I include the purchase of a 5 pack of new coils, for when I haven't got round to making any new ones. If I had money I'm sure I'd be tempted to buy more mods, but I think I've managed to control my spending to suit my means, and I vape all day. The only time I tend not to vape is when I venture out with my dog - the sense of freedom that I feel compared with how I used to have to ensure that I had enough ciggies with me to get me there and back, it makes it all worthwhile.Idea

Be Just and Fear Not
19/12/16 01:18 AM
FlavourArtUK Offline
Vaping Pioneer since 13-10-2008
Vendors

Likes Given: 2,025
The money is irrelevant to me, vaping saved my life, priceless.

John.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π and it was delicious!
19/12/16 01:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 2 users Like FlavourArtUK's post:
Brig (19/12/16), taffyjock (22/12/16)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)