Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kanger Protank burnt rubber taste
ivanlodarov Online

Likes Given: 29
Sex: Male
I rebuilt my protank a few weeks back no problem so thought I would give it a bash today. Been at it for over 6 hours now. Continually getting a burnt rubber taste. Really don't know what to do. I've tried doubling the wire over and twisting it, I went to a shop that sells Kanthal soldered to a non-resistance wire, that didn't work either. Whatever I do, I keep getting this taste of burning rubber. Sad Any suggestions?

Provari Mini 2.5 Satin Black / Protank / Aga-T
28/06/13 06:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
ChasH Offline
Silver surfing Rebirth and Death
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 922
Sex: Other
RE: Kanger Protank burnt rubber taste
(28/06/13 06:34 PM)ivanlodarov Wrote:  I rebuilt my protank a few weeks back no problem so thought I would give it a bash today. Been at it for over 6 hours now. Continually getting a burnt rubber taste. Really don't know what to do. I've tried doubling the wire over and twisting it, I went to a shop that sells Kanthal soldered to a non-resistance wire, that didn't work either. Whatever I do, I keep getting this taste of burning rubber. Sad Any suggestions?

Might be yer wick or juice .........maybe Scratch Head
28/06/13 06:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
whit77 Offline
Banned

Likes Given: 1,165
Sex: Undisclosed
Re: Kanger Protank burnt rubber taste
Probably the rubber insulater in the bottom of the head, if you take it out you'll probably see brown scorch marks from the kanthal Smiling
28/06/13 06:39 PM
ivanlodarov Online

I scorched the rubber bung on my first attempt earlier today, but come to think of it, I haven't noticed any further marks in my subsequent 10 attempts. Could it be that it's just a lingering flavour?

28/06/13 06:43 PM
Whistler Offline
Gah!

Likes Given: 137
Might well be. Give it a good clean over and see if it is still there
28/06/13 06:47 PM
Charlie Monkey Offline

Likes Given: 630
(28/06/13 06:43 PM)ivanlodarov Wrote:  I scorched the rubber bung on my first attempt earlier today, but come to think of it, I haven't noticed any further marks in my subsequent 10 attempts. Could it be that it's just a lingering flavour?

It sounds like you're a bit shit tbh.

Maybe you should stick to buying heads instead?
28/06/13 06:48 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Charlie Monkey's post:
ChasH (28/06/13)
ivanlodarov Online

Sorted it. Looks like it was just the silica wicks. Did some reading around and apparently they taste minging at first. Sat burning the wick for 10 minutes and I can finally taste the flavour of the juice again. Thumbs Up

28/06/13 07:36 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like ivanlodarov's post:
Charlie Monkey (28/06/13), ChasH (28/06/13)
Charlie Monkey Offline

Likes Given: 630
Excellent, good work.

Incidentally, you don't by any chance post on a football forum, do you? Big Grin
28/06/13 07:43 PM
Ron Offline

Likes Given: 15
It's been mentioned that evod and pro tank original wicks utilise res no res set ups. If you're not using res no res set ups that is why the grommet is burning.
28/06/13 08:10 PM
ivanlodarov Online

(28/06/13 07:43 PM)Charlie Monkey Wrote:  Excellent, good work.

Incidentally, you don't by any chance post on a football forum, do you? Big Grin

Think my name gaves it away, it's pretty similar. I reckon you're one of two people...

(28/06/13 08:10 PM)Ron Wrote:  It's been mentioned that evod and pro tank original wicks utilise res no res set ups. If you're not using res no res set ups that is why the grommet is burning.

I tried res no res, but was still getting the same taste. I did burn a grommet with my very first attempt and thought I was continuing to do so. Upon closer examination of the grommet, there was only one set of burn marks, so it had to be the wick. The taste has completely gone now after heating the wick intermittenly for 10 minutes or so.

28/06/13 08:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)