Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kayfun 3.1 ES - setup re-wick - re-coil
DarthPistachio Offline

Likes Given: 43
Sex: Male
Kayfun 3.1 ES - setup re-wick - re-coil
I've been experimenting with various methods for setting up this beast for a while now and I think i have one that should be fool proof almost every time - I've done it like this for about the last 5 re-coils and it's been spot-on every time... This is a variation on the figure of eight method but without the waste and the faff required for coiling.

First I start off with some 0.2mm Kanthal and two pieces of 1.5mm Eko wool that's been torched (torching the silica stiffens it a teeny bit as well as removing any 3rd party stuff)

Then I do a nice tight 4/5 wrap as shown, wrap the coil onto the silica so that the two pieces lay side by side

This is attached to the Kayfun then by pushing tight against the post block and screwing the coil tails in place

Then lift the coil up so that the wicks sit on top of the screws - ensure no coil touches the screws by adjusting with a pin screwdriver tweezers etc...

Ensure that the wicks are sitting side by side from the top as shown....

At this stage I prime the wick with some neat VG I keep in a small needle dispenser bottle - I have found that this greatly helps the wicks to start working with no fuss once everything is finally setup. I don't overload the wicks just load them a little bit to help with positioning and cutting a little later on....

Next I shove the wicks up into the barrel body and attach it leaving the wicks poking out of the top. I saturate them a little bit more with some neat VG

Then with some nail clippers I clip the wicks to about 5-8mm above the top of the barrel like so:

Then with a tweezers I manipulate the wicks down into the fluid wells like so - one tail either side and pulled against the central post so that the wick doesn't block the fluid entry channels. The prior wetting with VG greatly assists in doing this at this stage.

The coil works out at 2.0 - 2.1 ohms every time - higher ohms can be achieved with the use of 0.16 kanthal and lower ohms with 0.25 Kanthal...

Finally I get the juice I'm going to use and put approximately 3 drops in either fluid well until it begins to weep out of the bottom of the fluid channels - assemble - fill and vape

Hope this helps anyone having problems coming up with a reliable method for wicking this atty..

(This post was last modified: 14/04/13 03:29 PM by DarthPistachio. )
14/04/13 03:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 7 users Like DarthPistachio's post:
alekosh (14/04/13), Bowg68 (31/08/13), gazza (14/04/13), gooner1 (15/04/13), ilsenator (20/04/13), Psycho (14/04/13), Seanksean (14/04/13)
gazza Offline

Likes Given: 930
RE: Kayfun 3.1 ES - setup re-wick - re-coil
Great presentation Darth Clapping

What is that box you are building it on? Im assuming it checks the res but Ive never seen one beforeConfused

sent from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

14/04/13 03:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Psycho Offline
Nic Junkie

Likes Given: 430
very nice m8 and thanks for sharing .

im gona try this on my next set up Thumbsupsmileyanim

14/04/13 03:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Juice head Offline
Constantly dripping !

Likes Given: 412
It must be a lot easier when the atty is fixed to something and you have both hands free.

14/04/13 03:48 PM
carlos Offline
Going Squonking lol

Likes Given: 775
(14/04/13 03:48 PM)Juice head Wrote:  It must be a lot easier when the atty is fixed to something and you have both hands free.

you can always remove the 510 base connector off and then it will sit flat on a work surface as well on the kayfun.
14/04/13 03:55 PM
DarthPistachio Offline

Likes Given: 43

(14/04/13 03:34 PM)gazza Wrote:  What is that box you are building it on? Im assuming it checks the res but Ive never seen one beforeConfused

You can get one of them here:

Meters from Madvapes

I got mine from the US at Madvapes but I recall seeing one in European shop the other day but can't for the life of me remember where it was! Smiling

14/04/13 03:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes DarthPistachio's post:
gazza (14/04/13)
Whistler Offline
Gah!

Likes Given: 137
Think I might try this setup when the dream comes through.

Oops did I just swear there? Lol

Honestly only gonna be with me until I can afford a kayfun, and one is available of course
(This post was last modified: 14/04/13 04:49 PM by Whistler. )
14/04/13 04:48 PM
Psycho Offline
Nic Junkie

Likes Given: 430
just tried this method but used 2mm eko wool.
4 wraps coil came out @1.9 ohms and its vaping like a steam train ill be using this method from now on cheers

16/04/13 10:13 PM
Piers Offline

Likes Given: 360
Cheers for that, going to try this for the next set up!!

BILLET BOX,
HANA DNA20 WITH KAYFUN LITE,
VAPOURSHARK DNA20 WITH NATUREVAPE SET UP FOR THE MRS...

Cool
20/04/13 07:41 PM
Doohdah Offline

Likes Given: 5
excellent easy to understand tutorial
01/06/13 01:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)