Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kayfun 3.1 - worth the hype?
Mozzie Offline

Likes Given: 226
Sex: Male
Kayfun 3.1 - worth the hype?
*** DISCLAIMER - THIS THREAD IS NOT INTENDED TO BE ANOTHER PROVARI BUNFIGHT *** Big Grin

I'm really tempted by one of these guys, after reading the multitude of gushing on here. Smiling But they are expensive, much more so than pretty much any other silica atty. OK, I know the build quality is going to be superb (those German fellas know about things like that...) and I like the idea of the air and juice controls, but at the end of the day, there's a piece of Kanthal wrapped round a wick, like anything else. So when people rave about the flavour, and the vapour, and the blah blah, why is that? What makes it worth over 100 of our English pounds? Is the vape really that much better, or is there a suspicion of an element of oneupmanship / self-delusion / fanboyism that seems to surround a certain, not-to-be-named battery holder Wink

I'm at the stage now where I'm getting a little tired of getting and trying vape gear that ultimitely just gathers dust. I'd be willing to stump up more cash for a few top end items that really do make a difference, and ending this bloody unicorn hunt Smiling

06/06/13 01:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mozzie's post:
johnners (11/06/13)
Buxton74 Offline

Likes Given: 1,467
RE: Kayfun 3.1 - worth the hype?
I've not tried a Kayfun so can't comment on its performance. However, my observation is this.

When something gets hyped up so much, it tends to raise expectations to a level that can only lead to disappointment. But, time and time again I read about people getting their Kayfuns and posting on here about how fantastic they are and how that they live up to the hype 100%. So, I can only conclude that they are as good as people say. For something to be hyped as much as the Kayfun and never disappoint... sounds like a sure thing to me.

(I do have a Dream BT804 atty which works on a similar priciple (without air and juice control though) and it is the best performing silica atty that I own, if that's anything to go by)

"True wisdom comes from knowing that we know nothing"

http://www.facebook.com/lee.buxton
06/06/13 01:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Cookie Offline
Cookieeeeeeeeeeeeees!

Likes Given: 475
One word.

YES.

I bought one from the classies to try, thought if I don't like it, I can sell it on for what it cost me.

I liked it that much, I bought the company.....oh wait.....that was an advert for Remington Big Grin

I liked it that much, I bought another one within a week and will never get rid of them.

Tons of vapour and flavour, it just seems to bring liquid to life, easy to build and even easier to fill.
06/06/13 01:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 3 users Like Cookie's post:
exxon187 (06/06/13), johnners (11/06/13), Loganberry (06/06/13)
Cheekiecharlie Offline
Forum Moderators

Likes Given: 2,701
Best purchases I've ever made , excellent build quality , well worth the money

Vaping is a passion not just a hobby Lecture

Still a mixologist extraordinare at heart
06/06/13 01:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
JustPoo Offline
Call me Poo, just Poo

Likes Given: 2,919
Yes, I hardly use anything else because they're that good. I bought three of them, plus two dreams for when I'm nervous about taking the Kayfun. Buy an extended dream, if you like it then you'll love the Kayfun.
06/06/13 01:26 PM
grim1 Offline
UKV addict

Likes Given: 234
I have 2 kayfuns and they are absolutely top notch but . . . I have 2 dreams and now that I have them fully sussed I can build them to be nearly as good as the Kayfun and they cost a quarter of the price. Thumbs Up have to fill them more often tho!

06/06/13 01:27 PM
Cookie Offline
Cookieeeeeeeeeeeeees!

(06/06/13 01:26 PM)JustPoo Wrote:  Yes, I hardly use anything else because they're that good. I bought three of them, plus two dreams for when I'm nervous about taking the Kayfun. Buy an extended dream, if you like it then you'll love the Kayfun.

How does the Dream compare Poo?

I looked at getting one for the same reason, out and about. Just seems huge to get any decent amount of liquid (1.5ml would last me an hour), looks a pain to build with those little pins and a nightmare to fill.
06/06/13 01:28 PM
Teeks Offline
Like a bad smell

Likes Given: 1,190
Sex: Undisclosed
the postman has just been clocked about 20 doors away...hopefully packing a kayfun in his bag Big Grin
06/06/13 01:29 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Teeks's post:
Cookie (06/06/13)
whit77 Offline
Banned

Likes Given: 1,165
Sex: Undisclosed
Re: RE: Kayfun 3.1 - worth the hype?
(06/06/13 01:29 PM)Teeks Wrote:  the postman has just been clocked about 20 doors away...hopefully packing a kayfun in his bag Big Grin

Love how everyone on here stalks their postie Big Grin
06/06/13 01:30 PM
Cookie Offline
Cookieeeeeeeeeeeeees!

(06/06/13 01:29 PM)Teeks Wrote:  the postman has just been clocked about 20 doors away...hopefully packing a kayfun in his bag Big Grin

And you are waiting for him to come to you?

I would be out of the door hounding him for my package, probably why our postman avoids me now Scratch Head
06/06/13 01:31 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cookie's post:
whit77 (06/06/13)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)