Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Kayfun - Show us your Setups
skp574 Offline

Likes Given: 67
Sex: Male
I managed to bag a Kayfun v3.1 off the classies over the weekend and have managed to wick/coil it up (2x3mm FG wick with 4 wraps of .2 kanthal giving 1.9 ohms). Initial experience was shed loads of vapour and a pretty good throat hit with 12mg juice. The flavour, however, seems slightly muted compared to one of my Spheroids. I know I'm not comparing apples for apple here but it got me thinking on the ideal wick/coil setup for one of these. It isn't as easy to just rewick like a Spheroid is unless I syringe the juice out of the tank each time.

I wondered what other people are using for their setups - wicks, coils and placement in the chamber?

Also what battery mods are you using? I've got the satin finish version and I don't have a suitable matching mod to place it on at the moment. I'm hoping that a brushed PAPS X will so the job why they are released. A matte Roller or a Dingo look like they would work as well. The Kayfun is just crying out for a matching mod to make it look like a hybrid.

My questions go out to all Kayfun owners not just v3.1 - I've got a v2.1 sitting at work waiting for me so again any pointers and experiences of both would be good.

Scott.

Atties: KFL+v2
Mods: StingrayX | Vaporshark rDNA

27/02/13 08:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
carlos Offline
Going Squonking lol

Likes Given: 771
RE: Kayfun - Show us your Setups
being lazy scott i just followed Todds video on my 2, I can't compare it to a Spheroid though as I have never owned one. a stupid Q but you have not slightly flooded the tank have you if you feel its muted a little.

carl
27/02/13 08:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
skp574 Offline

(27/02/13 08:41 PM)carlos Wrote:  being lazy scott i just followed Todds video on my 2, I can't compare it to a Spheroid though as I have never owned one. a stupid Q but you have not slightly flooded the tank have you if you feel its muted a little.

carl

I'm not hearing/feeling any gurgling coming from the chamber. After reading the very detailed user manual on Svoe's website, I may have too much wick tucked down the sides. I may rebuild with a single piece of wick rather than two.

Scott.

27/02/13 11:19 PM
vernicex Offline

Likes Given: 89
You don't stuff the wick down. Just poke the 2 ends of the wick down a bit, that would be more than enough.

Stuff the whole thing down and you'll get constant half-burnt taste Big Grin it's a really weird taste, and definitely not pleasant Big Grin

and spent most of these saving on vaping stuffs...
27/02/13 11:23 PM
Ludi Offline

Likes Given: 87
Scott, my mini arrived today and I've got 5 wraps of .2 kanthal using 3mm wick reading 2.2ohms. I am a bit surprised at the amount of vapour coming out of the mini, and flavour is pretty good.

By the way, you might want to safe your dough if you're keen on getting a mod that suits the 3.1 well. The guys at SvoeMesto is bringing out a battery mod in late April. It will come in the same finishes as the kayfun.

| Kayfun v3.1 | Kayfun mini v2.1 | Kayfun Lite | Speroid v2 |
| Semovar v3 | Poldiac | GUS G22 V2+ |
28/02/13 08:36 PM
jaxter Offline

Likes Given: 63
Sex: Undisclosed
Aaaaaagh you buggers I brought a mini off the classies on the weekend and I'm still waiting for it to arrive, I thought today would be the day, alas no vape mail awaiting me on getting home from work.
Will be keeping an eye on this thread so I can have an optimum setup when it does get here, I think it's coming from Germany taking its bloody time wherever it's coming from.

Way too much!!
28/02/13 08:49 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes jaxter's post:
Ludi (28/02/13)
Ludi Offline

Jaxter, I feel your pain. Bought mine on here on Tues and the guy sent it over with guaranteed delivery by 1pm today. This morning royal mail tracking informed me that it was delivered at 10am, except it was not! Harassed the neighbours for it, started thinking the poor builder renovating the flat downstairs stole it.... Called up Royal Mail who confirmed that it was delivered and told me that I would have to wait 10 days before I can do anything to find it. I was gutted.

Then it arrived at 1:20pm.

28/02/13 09:13 PM
SMonkey Offline

Likes Given: 20
(28/02/13 08:36 PM)Ludi Wrote:  Scott, my mini arrived today and I've got 5 wraps of .2 kanthal using 3mm wick reading 2.2ohms. I am a bit surprised at the amount of vapour coming out of the mini, and flavour is pretty good.

By the way, you might want to safe your dough if you're keen on getting a mod that suits the 3.1 well. The guys at SvoeMesto is bringing out a battery mod in late April. It will come in the same finishes as the kayfun.

Yes the battery mod is going to be something else altogether if you buy
all the parts it's going to be 27 different configurations ie mechanical, vv, different sizes it looks really nice but it'll cost lol
28/02/13 09:57 PM
skp574 Offline

(28/02/13 09:57 PM)SMonkey Wrote:  
(28/02/13 08:36 PM)Ludi Wrote:  Scott, my mini arrived today and I've got 5 wraps of .2 kanthal using 3mm wick reading 2.2ohms. I am a bit surprised at the amount of vapour coming out of the mini, and flavour is pretty good.

Yes the battery mod is going to be something else altogether if you buy
all the parts it's going to be 27 different configurations ie mechanical, vv, different sizes it looks really nice but it'll cost lol

Are there any pictures of said mod yet? Or is it just vapourware at this time. :/

It feels great on my PAPs, it's just the wrong finish. Thought about trying another Roller but if there's a dedicated mod coming I will wait.

Well I've got 1, 2 and 3mm wick and 0.20, 0.25 and 0.27 kanthal to try out in this behemoth at the weekend.

And I finally get to pick up my v2.1 from the office tomorrow as I work on site a lot. It's been sitting there since Tuesday along with some juice I forgot all about.

Scott.

(This post was last modified: 28/02/13 11:43 PM by skp574. )
28/02/13 11:39 PM
Ludi Offline

Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EVcf2pjJ...r_embedded

The Semovar III ES will initially only be available as a vv/vw mod, with the manual cap ends and button configurations to follow. Pretty neat idea, imo. And according to Keith from C9 the build quality is comparable to that of the kayfuns.

So much for keeping it quiet for a while.... Wink

(This post was last modified: 28/02/13 11:54 PM by Ludi. )
28/02/13 11:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)