Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Leaking Kanger T3
Outlawviva Offline

Likes Given: 0
Sex:
Leaking Kanger T3
It's defiantly not condensation I'm getting, when it gargles, it also starts to leak around the fitting into the battery.
When vaping I tend to double draw where I blow a bit back out through the mouth piece and you get smoke out of the air holes then suck again.
I thought by blowing back down The mouthpiece on these is some how blowing the juice off the wick down the bottom to build up and gargle but I made sure I didn't vape this way after the first failure. I just don't know but I think I will have to get another as hope mine was faulty somehow because everyone is raving about how good they are.
13/11/12 08:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Toby | iVapour Online
eGoer
Vendors

Likes Given: 1,278
Sex: Male
RE: Leaking Kanger T3
I would guess the extra piece of wick is to keep more liquid around and available to the coil at any one time.

I've been using the same one for over a week now; no gurgling.
I use approx 20% VG.

iVapour.co.uk - Janty UK Supplier; the original eGo.
iVapour-elixir.co.uk - Silver Bullet, mods, and spares.
The EU TPD is not a victimless crime...
13/11/12 09:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Toby | iVapour's post:
amitron (13/11/12)
greigster Offline
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 1,183

After mine started gurgling, it steadily got worse until it would not draw. I took off the tank and realised that the leaked juice had filled up the space between the tank and the battery and was up to the air holes on the Kanger!
13/11/12 09:30 AM
triballofts Offline
my boy dave

Likes Given: 305
are the 2 flavour wicks still there as i read on another froum about these someone took 1 out and said it was better so i took one out of mine to try and it flooded and gurgled so i put it back and its on day 5 now and great also dont tighten them down to much as it crushes the seal and they will also leak you have also got the seal on the top of the tube the right way as that can cause them to flood and leak hope this helps heres some good info on the T3
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/c...ost7647058

never rush you only get 2 things in life from rushing heartattacks and babies
(This post was last modified: 13/11/12 11:02 AM by triballofts. )
13/11/12 10:52 AM
greigster Offline
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 1,183

(13/11/12 10:52 AM)triballofts Wrote:  are the 2 flavour wicks still there as i read on another froum about these someone took 1 out and said it was better so i took one out of mine to try and it flooded and gurgled so i put it back and its on day 5 now and great also dont tighten them down to much as it crushes the seal and they will also leak you have also got the seal on the top of the tube the right way as that can cause them to flood and leak hope this helps heres some good info on the T3
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/c...ost7647058

This was using the T3 in its original form from new. I have now put in a new T3 coil and it seems fine but I will not know for sure until my juice level gets lower.
I am just about to recoil the original T3 unit that leaked, following the great vid that Todd produced.
Then I will have to wait another few days for the level on that to drop, I probably only vape about 2 mls. per day and I have three flavours on the goSmiling
13/11/12 11:42 AM
triballofts Offline
my boy dave

right with you now i found that i can get down to 0.4 ml on mine just about leavel with the top seal before it starts to gurgle and if you leave them lying down over night they will gurgle a bit at first so i stand mine up at night i think but might be wrong that when the leavel drops too far air goes in and then they gurgle still the best clearo so far

13/11/12 12:06 PM
flubaluba Offline

Likes Given: 20
Sex:
HI again

So after my first one was rebuilt i found the same gurgling problem as soon as the liquid got down to the bottom of the measurement lines. Seriously saddened by this and hope that there is a simple mod to fix it as this was vaping sooo well. I put on my second new coil and after 2 tanks of liquid i started getting the same gurgling when the liquid got a bit low. I do suspect that it has something to do with losing pressure in the tank when the liquid level allows any air to get into it.

TOBY!!! excellent device mate i would love to hear what you have found and if you have found a solution, i did read on ECF that there is a second version coming if you know anything about that it would be great, but it would be even better if you know of an easy way to stop the gurgling, this is such a nice device and i was just about to buy a few boxes of replacement coils.
13/11/12 12:27 PM
Toby | iVapour Online
eGoer
Vendors

Likes Given: 1,278
Sorry Fluba.. not sure I can be much help there...

I have never run my liquid that low in the tank... which makes me wonder if that is why I have not experienced gurgling... (?)

iVapour.co.uk - Janty UK Supplier; the original eGo.
iVapour-elixir.co.uk - Silver Bullet, mods, and spares.
The EU TPD is not a victimless crime...
13/11/12 12:30 PM
triballofts Offline
my boy dave

im on my test one as i have some more thought i would give this one some stick so far it on the 5th day same coil and now on the 8th fill no dry hits at all and no leaks at all only gurgled when it gets to about 0.4ml and the only if tipped not even washed out im going till this dies on me then i will recoil as to todds video but will also put 2 peices of 1mm wick on the top of the coil as well and see how it goes

13/11/12 12:33 PM
bpd Offline

Likes Given: 2
Hello guys, mine starts gurgle when the liquid lever is lower than 1ml and it leaks between the coil and the battery connector, now i refilled completely and it seems dry, but I really don't know when/if it will start leaking again..
22/11/12 11:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)