• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Leaking eVod BCC
Wildcat Offline
The Original Essex Girl

Likes Given: 12
Sex: Female
Leaking eVod BCC
Hey guys,

I recently purchased an eVod BCC , and I have loved it, however on the way home just now I realised I was having problems.. Once indoors I unscrewed my evod from my Riva 510 and noticed my battery was full of liquid. I cleaned it out, screwed back my evod carefully and its happened again Sad

I am unsure what I am doing wrong as I have had no problems for a whole week using the evod and now this. I am not screwing it on too tight.. or too loose, but something is going very wrong. I only filled it with liquid this morning and have had a whole's day vaping.. so I didn't spill any liquid.. any ideas?

28/02/13 06:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
welsby Offline

Likes Given: 231
Sex: Male
RE: Leaking eVod BCC
Someone posted with this problem earlier today.
Sorry can.t find it to point you in the right direction.
Anyway, before very long the vendor posted to say he/she would replace the defective item.
28/02/13 06:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Psycho Offline
Nic Junkie

Likes Given: 427
have you tried retightening the atty head sometimes they can wiggle lose with the unscrewing of the base.

28/02/13 06:23 PM
skp574 Offline

Likes Given: 67
Leaking eVod BCC
How old is the head? I find after a week of use my Evod leaves more juice on my battery but I wouldn't say it's a leak. Have to got a spare to swap over and test?

I wonder if the wick is breaking down and juice is seeping from it and dropping out the bottom.

Scott.

Atties: KFL+v2 (3) | SQuape R
Mods: StingrayX

28/02/13 07:10 PM
Wildcat Offline
The Original Essex Girl

Thanks for replying everyone, its only a week old , but its been used constantly. Thanks I will try tightening the atty head for sure Smiling

No its a definite leak.. I couldn't have more juice in my battery if I tried .. it was full to brimming lol I havent contacted the vendor yet.. I thought I would post on here first..

(This post was last modified: 28/02/13 07:51 PM by Wildcat. )
28/02/13 07:50 PM
skp574 Offline

Likes Given: 67
Leaking eVod BCC
(28/02/13 07:50 PM)Wildcat Wrote:  Thanks for replying everyone, its only a week old , but its been used constantly. Thanks I will try tightening the atty head for sure Smiling

No its a definite leak.. I couldn't have more juice in my battery if I tried .. it was full to brimming lol I havent contacted the vendor yet.. I thought I would post on here first..

Also check the clear o-rings aren't split or damaged in any way that may also be the cause. If you had a spare head that could eliminate that as a possibility.

What if you leave the evod on some tissue with no battery connected does it still leak? Wondering whether the pressure of the battery connector up on the bottom of the head is causing the leak.

I've got seven on the go at the moment and all have behaved perfectly, no leaks just the odd build up of condensation after a day's vape which is to be expected. I may dry burn the head after a couple of days before a refill. I'll do that probably 2-3 times before changing the head. I bought 10 spare heads but will rewick them when I've used them all.

Scott.

Atties: KFL+v2 (3) | SQuape R
Mods: StingrayX

01/03/13 01:17 AM
Denzil Offline

Likes Given: 1
This seems to be a common problem with bcc's. Happened to me with the t3 but have had no issues with my evods.

Too much juice is getting into the coil area and seeping out the bottom. Solution is to re-wick and ensure you put a flavour wick on top so the wick is tight and there are no gaps to let too much juice in.

Plenty of re-wicking tutorials on YouTube
01/03/13 01:30 AM
zer0 Offline

Likes Given: 14
Mine seem to leak if they get shook about alot, I do mountain biking & if I've been on a extremely bumpy trail my Evod will have leaked a bit into the battery.

On the plus side they are bomb proof, I came off the other day & landed on my side, while my ego & evod were in my pocket & not so much as a dint or bend on the tank even though the connector snapped off my twist.
01/03/13 01:54 AM
Wildcat Offline
The Original Essex Girl

Actually I ran for the bus so it would have been jigged about it, as I always have in my top coat pocket.. maybe thats it.. I will work on it today once I finished work and I have some time to play Smiling

Thanks for all your replies though, I appreciate it.. I hope I can get it to stop leaking as apart from this I cant fault it Smiling

01/03/13 06:47 AM
maxim Offline
silica and proud

Likes Given: 309
i've had this with one head on my eVod but no others.

i just put it down to a dodgy head.

i kept thinking that when i screwed it onto the battery, the pins contacting were unscrewing the eVod head slightly.

but since i binned the head it's all been fine.

kayfun + nemesis = perfect
01/03/13 03:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)