Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Map of Vaping Pubs
black wolf Offline

Likes Given: 34
Sex: Male
RE: Map of Vaping Pubs
(13/07/12 10:08 PM)Russell VR Ord (CAM-VIP) Wrote:  Many pubs throughout the UK have not heard of ecigs, some do not allow ecigs to be used on their premises - others allow their use and openly support vaping.

Since May 2010, vapers throughout the country have been identifying pubs that support vaping and these can be found on our MAP.

If you know of a 'Vaping Pub', please post in this thread with its name and postcode and we can add them to the map.

So far we have 394 vape-friendly pubs in the UK and Ireland - let's keep that number rising Smiling

Cheers!

Russell
Very,very good.
J'm glad.
Clapping
07/04/15 06:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
RobT Offline

Likes Given: 466
Sex: Undisclosed
A couple in Market Deeping Nr Peterborough:

The White Horse, Church Street. No probs at all. Landlady vapes.
The Stage, Market Place. No problems in bar area but is also a restaurant so exercise caution and respect for people dining.
The Coach House, Bridge Street. No problems.

Life's a game - let's play!
07/04/15 07:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
black wolf Offline

Likes Given: 34
(14/07/12 04:52 PM)Russell VR Ord (CAM-VIP) Wrote:  Cheers DJP, Tim and Steve, I have added them. Upto 403 now Smiling

You can add Harry's Bar ( Venice-Italy ) where man drinks the best Martini Cocktail of the world,how said E.Hemingway.
Bye there.
Jump for Joy
07/04/15 03:31 PM
tsport Offline

Likes Given: 26
Keswick Conservative Club CA12 4HF

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes
03/05/15 06:15 PM
Ian B Offline

Likes Given: 0
Sex:
The Pig & Whistle in Heywood is in the wrong location on the map.

Location is 138 Pilsworth Road, Heywood OL10 3DY. Opposite Rivershill Drive.
10/05/15 08:10 PM
Share2Care Offline

Likes Given: 45
Can I ask what is the main objection from pubs to people vaping in pubs? My only thought is that the vapour produced does contain nicotine, which obviously if a non smoker was sat next to me may not want to inhale nicotine? Smell? Different juices, different flavour and smell?

Cheers Smiling
06/06/15 10:06 AM
Russell VR Ord (CAM-VIP) Offline
Vapers InAle

Likes Given: 574

The main issues when we started the campaign were only that NOBODY really knew about ecigs. The campaign was to raise the awareness of electronic cigarettes to smokers who were using pubs and having to spend half their night outside in the cold.

Over the last couple of years or so, the awareness has increased significantly, but so has the intrusion of corporate policies banning ecigs from their chains of 'pubs' without any further justification other than that 'it looks like smoking'.

However, the last 12 months has seen a shift in the 'vaping scene' and the desire for clouds of vapour has been of detriment to our campaign. More and more pubs are starting to ban the use of ecigs due to a minority of vapers having no sense of proportion, perspective and common decency. They blow 'clouds' as if it is a sport without any consideration of the people around them and the establishment they are sitting in. This leads to complaints from other customers and eventually a blanket ban on people using ecigs in those establishments Sad

The nicotine and the smell seem less of a problem than the highly visible signs of 'vapour' - A bit of common sense goes a long way these days. Why encourage pubs to have issues with vapers when there are none if the people vaping behave themselves?!!

06/06/15 09:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Russell VR Ord (CAM-VIP)'s post:
nosmo (07/06/15)
nosmo Offline
whatever!

Likes Given: 210
Vapers can be their own worst enemy Rusty as you say.

I am welcome to vape in many of my local pubs but I am discreet and considerat.

I think smell does play a part, I find RY4 pretty objectable and if I started blowing clouds of that in a pub I would expect to be no longer welcome.

07/06/15 10:11 AM
Share2Care Offline

Likes Given: 45
(06/06/15 09:27 PM)Russell VR Ord (CAM-VIP) Wrote:  The main issues when we started the campaign were only that NOBODY really knew about ecigs. The campaign was to raise the awareness of electronic cigarettes to smokers who were using pubs and having to spend half their night outside in the cold.

Over the last couple of years or so, the awareness has increased significantly, but so has the intrusion of corporate policies banning ecigs from their chains of 'pubs' without any further justification other than that 'it looks like smoking'.

However, the last 12 months has seen a shift in the 'vaping scene' and the desire for clouds of vapour has been of detriment to our campaign. More and more pubs are starting to ban the use of ecigs due to a minority of vapers having no sense of proportion, perspective and common decency. They blow 'clouds' as if it is a sport without any consideration of the people around them and the establishment they are sitting in. This leads to complaints from other customers and eventually a blanket ban on people using ecigs in those establishments Sad

The nicotine and the smell seem less of a problem than the highly visible signs of 'vapour' - A bit of common sense goes a long way these days. Why encourage pubs to have issues with vapers when there are none if the people vaping behave themselves?!!
Really appreciate the in depth look at where vaping is whilst in a hostelry.

As you can imagine from my original question, I was only thinking of nicotine and smell.

Unless it is a specific get together in a pub where people are welcome to produce more vapour than a railway steam engine, who in there right mind would do it otherwise? Completely inconsiderate to others and selfish in my humble opinion.

I enjoy going sub ohm and chucking giant clouds, but at home or round friends. Not in a public place...

I really feel for you. I am a recovering alcoholic so not often in a pub, but when I am, I take my mouth to lung selection of attys. More flavour in my opinion, well most of the time.

It seems the few are possibly ruining it for the majority....

Cheers
07/06/15 11:04 AM
@rattspitt Offline
Push the tempo

Likes Given: 1,392
The Greyhound inn 113 Nottingham Rd Arnold NG5 6LA,no problem at all vaping here and its a bloody good boozer.
The Crosskeys 74 Front St Arnold NG5 7EJ,vaping was allowed under the old landlord but now banned under the new(misery arsed)landlord,no reason given just the old 'because I said so'

07/06/15 11:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)