Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mech Mod or VV/VW device?
andi mack Offline

Likes Given: 107
Sex: Male
Mech Mod or VV/VW device?
Hi all,

I popped into a local B&M to pick up some more juice today and got chatting to the guy there.

We were chatting about batteries, voltages etc and he had an e-vic charged up and popped my mini nova on to it and and played about with the voltage a bit.

The difference between that and running it on ego batteries was massive, loads more flavour and vapour, i couldn't believe the difference.

However the e-vic was bloody massive!!

so it got me thinking......

For around £50....

Which of the smaller & cheaper mods around would give me a better vape, than i'm getting with the ego battery (which do you guys & gals recommend)?

Do i look at vv/vw or a mech mod? and pros / cons for either

Or do i say naff that and look at getting a better atomizer???

Is £50 a decent amount of cash for what i'm looking at or should i get saving??

I know you guys have probably answered the same questions a thousand times, but please bear with me.

Thanks,

Andi
18/09/13 06:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
LeeM Offline
Addict
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 37
RE: Mech Mod or VV/VW device?
if you want vv but small, you can get the l-rider robust for £20 off pink mule. its a 14500 mod so not a huge amount thicker than an ego. buy yourself a decent charger and a couple of 14500 unprotected imr's
18/09/13 06:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes LeeM's post:
mpiekp (18/09/13)
HERC Offline

Likes Given: 16
As I look into my crystal ball I predict that you are about to get 10 different answers to this question....

The downside is that every one of the answers will be the correct answer for the person posting it

But here is my answer....

I like both Mech and Electronic devices

Day to Day its an electronic for me. Either an eVic or an iTaste MVP

But I still use my Mechs just as much

It is all down to you and your own needs
18/09/13 06:41 PM
JamalKing Offline
Pinoy Lover

Likes Given: 556
For that much have a look at the MVP or the SVD/Vamo in 18350 mode
18/09/13 06:43 PM
LeeM Offline
Addict
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 37
http://pink-mule.com/index.php?route=pro...id=7975475

not the best batteries, charger or clearos, but its all youd need for £30 (10% off for the forum with ukmule)
18/09/13 06:43 PM
andi mack Offline

Likes Given: 107

(18/09/13 06:41 PM)HERC Wrote:  As I look into my crystal ball I predict that you are about to get 10 different answers to this question....

The downside is that every one of the answers will be the correct answer for the person posting it

LOL yeah i realize that i'll get loads of different answers, that was the point really.

(18/09/13 06:43 PM)LeeM Wrote:  http://pink-mule.com/index.php?route=pro...id=7975475

not the best batteries, charger or clearos, but its all youd need for £30 (10% off for the forum with ukmule)

Cheers lee i've just bookmarked that.

Thanks for all the replies guys, i've got a few weeks till i get paid so have plenty of time to do some research and bug you all some more. lol.
(This post was last modified: 18/09/13 06:54 PM by andi mack. )
18/09/13 06:53 PM
Sylvie Offline

Likes Given: 1,129
Sex: Female
VV/VW - the devices are bigger, but it doesn't matter to much about the resistance of the atomizer you use. Good for experimenting with the effect of changing the power you use.

Mech mod - nearly always quite a bit smaller than VV/VW mods - bottom button ones are generally the smallest due to the switch section being short. It is imperative that you choose or rebuild an atomizer with the right resistance.

VV/VW gives consistent power throughout whereas mech mods the power will get less as the battery charge goes down. A VV/VW device usually cuts off when the battery is at 3.2V, whereas the mech generally needs a new battery at 3.6ihs V, though this varies a lot, and of course you can get a bigger battery for the same length of mod in a mech. You can get more power out of a mech mod IF you have a battery that will take it, but unless you want to use quad coils you probably won't need more power than a VV/VW can give.

The lifetime of a VV/VW mod is likely to be shorter than that of a good mech mod just because there is more to go wrong.

About all I can think of at the moment.
18/09/13 06:56 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sylvie's post:
Maddog1904 (18/09/13)
al666 Offline

Likes Given: 7
There comes a time in every vapers life when you need/want to control your vape better Smiling

You can either control the wattage (or voltage) - Easy, buy a VV/VW device Thumbs Up

Or you can control the resistance - Wind your own coils and match the resistance to your fixed output mech mod. Not particularly hard, but an added faff-factor.

I use both. And one day you will too HeHe!

Cheers,

Al.

18/09/13 07:01 PM
Kenneth Online

Likes Given: 1,855
Ego twist or spinner. Buy two and have change.
18/09/13 07:07 PM
sidders Offline

Likes Given: 7
Re: Mech Mod or VV/VW device?
Had the same dilemma so bought both!
18/09/13 07:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)