Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mech mod with a kick, worth it?
newbie Offline

Likes Given: 138
Sex: Male
Mech mod with a kick, worth it?
Following on from a previous post – looking for a few opinions, given my preferences with vaping, on a mech mod with a kick.

My biggest problem with mechs (and hence my avoidance to date) is that I vape different juices at different voltages/watts, therefore I can’t just set a wattage and go ahead. Always used VV therefore as easy to adjust when I swap juices (sitting in different atties).

Looking for new mods and am very limited by choice with VV/VW so considering the mech now as the kick gives me a bit more control and of course a much wider choice. My question is how much faffing about I would have to do with the kick and how annoying you think this would be in general.

Because I swap my juices between the day and vape all at different wattages I would have to kick out the kick each time and adjust to my preference.

My only reason for buying a mech is purely for aesthetic reasons. Without the kick I wouldn’t consider it for a second as I know I will always want to have some control over wattage to get each of my juices I use daily to my ‘sweet spot’.

Yes I could also get that control/sweet spot by building coils to exact – that seems more trouble and faffing to, compared to the VV/VW devices that just adjust easily to get it.

I know you can’t answer my question really – just looking for any thoughts/experiences. I have read the various threads on mechs so know the pros and cons. I think I may just have to jump with a cheapish mech and kick and see what I think before buying a ‘beautiful’ higher end mod. For example, I love the look of the Nemesis but don’t want to fork out that amount for an experiment that may turn out not to be worth the hassle.

Does the kick work in most of the mech mods…..I have heard they don’t work in all.

31/08/13 11:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Loki Offline

Likes Given: 3
RE: Mech mod with a kick, worth it?
It should work in most mechanical mods so long as it's aw Imr batteries. I had to check myself, as I'm considering a mechanical mod with a kick or kicklet at some point.

"Revenge is a dish best served cold" Yeah, thats why they invented microwave ovens...

My toys:
Tesla, AGA-TD+, Smok Octupus RDA, Vision Eternity, Phoenix/A7
Smok Magneto + kick + Kayfun Lite Plus
Vamo V3, AGA-T2, ViVi Nova STV, IGO-S HeHe!
31/08/13 01:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
skelde Offline

Likes Given: 948
Sex: Undisclosed
One television is a garish pink and you'd be the laughing stock of your mates, but has a remote control.
The other television looks the dog's but with no remote (you have to get off your arse and unscrew the screen to change channels).

I know which one I'd buy.

31/08/13 01:17 PM
Loki Offline

The garish pink one? Lol

"Revenge is a dish best served cold" Yeah, thats why they invented microwave ovens...

My toys:
31/08/13 01:23 PM
zigackly Offline
You're ferpectly right

Likes Given: 1,514
(31/08/13 01:04 PM)Loki Wrote:  It should work in most mechanical mods so long as it's aw Imr batteries. I had to check myself, as I'm considering a mechanical mod with a kick or kicklet at some point.

I don't own a kick myself, but I have seen people saying they don't work in some telescoping mods because of the threading. Hopefully someone will be along who knows more about this to comment further.

Provari Mini & Kayfun, Paps with Diver & Scuba, Atomic RDA, cheap mechs & BT804s
31/08/13 02:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
newbie Offline

Likes Given: 138

(31/08/13 01:17 PM)skelde Wrote:  One television is a garish pink and you'd be the laughing stock of your mates, but has a remote control.
The other television looks the dog's but with no remote (you have to get off your arse and unscrew the screen to change channels).

I know which one I'd buy.

LMAO......is that the only 2 TV's I have to choose from

31/08/13 02:39 PM
Charlie Monkey Offline

Likes Given: 590
Sex: Undisclosed
(31/08/13 01:04 PM)Loki Wrote:  It should work in most mechanical mods so long as it's aw Imr batteries. I had to check myself, as I'm considering a mechanical mod with a kick or kicklet at some point.

They don't have to be AW, mine works fine with four different brands of IMR.
31/08/13 04:58 PM
Loki Offline

I prefer efest batteries myself. So long as it's imr it shouldn't matter

My toys:
31/08/13 05:00 PM
al666 Offline

Likes Given: 7
3 of my 6 mechs are kicked (Yes, I know it kinda defats the object of a mech).

I find that I just set them all to 10 watts and leave them like that. Gives me a little bit more than what I get when when I use my normal attys on an unkicked one. But I also find that wattage ideal for Protanks etc with nominal 1.8 ohm heads (usually nearer 2 ohm) and they do seem to work very well with my carto tanks.

But I couldn't get the Kick to work in my KTS+ which is a shame as that's my favourite mech mod at the moment, and handily has a removable top cap for easy removal or tweaking the wattage. Just about to have another go - Might get another KTS+ just to hack about to make it work Smiling

Cheers,

Al.

31/08/13 07:19 PM
BOFH Offline
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 199
Isnt too bad to adjust the kick. Got onje in my smok magneto, unscrew the top, adjust with scredriver and screw back on, seems to stay in place in a magneto so only takes a few seconds
31/08/13 07:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)