Please read and share the UK Vapers E-Cigarette Facts Pamphlet available Here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mechanical mods
Swiss Offline

Likes Given: 66
Sex: Male
RE: Mechanical mods
Didn't know that. Learn something new every day. Thanks ghoti!

Mods: Provari Mini, Caravela, Luxe Chocolate Mod.
Atty's: eBaron The Dripper Pro, Vella Latina Drip tank, Luxe Hybrid Dripper, Origen Dripper, Igo-l, Igo-s, GP Spheroid V2, Kayfun Lite+
05/01/13 11:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
ghoti Offline
Twizzled vaper
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 973
I try to rate everyone I sell/buy/trade with... but not everyone returns the Rep... but also I think the more active you are on the forum the better chances as many see trade as a secondary part of the forum.... Smiling

I vape like I used to smoke - I prefer to roll my own Big Grin
Co-creator of Vape Punk mod
Claim to fame: I survived the Decadent Vapours Mask o' Menthol Loco on the 2/2/13 Smiling
05/01/13 11:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
trog100 Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 11
Sex: Undisclosed
paypal shows a positive bias in favour of the buyer.. the system is loaded one way which a why some folks may be careful who they sell to..

easy for the buyer to hit the money back button and get it.. not very easy for the seller to dispute the claim and successfully avoid losing out.. as soon as a dispute starts paypal just grab the money from the sellers account.. as sellers we would never bother trying to get it back.. we just hit the refund button and settle the matter.. luckily we dont have to do it often..

trog

(This post was last modified: 05/01/13 12:32 PM by trog100. )
05/01/13 12:30 PM
likeatrainwreck Offline

Likes Given: 996
Re: RE: Mechanical mods
(05/01/13 12:30 PM)trog100 Wrote:  paypal shows a positive bias in favour of the buyer.. the system is loaded one way which a why some folks may be careful who they sell to..

easy for the buyer to hit the money back button and get it.. not very easy for the seller to dispute the claim and successfully avoid losing out.. as soon as a dispute starts paypal just grab the money from the sellers account.. as sellers we would never bother trying to get it back.. we just hit the refund button and settle the matter.. luckily we dont have to do it often..

trog

As long as the buyer has a verified paypal address and you as the seller only send to that address, and use a trackable delivery service then you are covered if the buyer tries to make a fraudulent claim of non delivery.
05/01/13 12:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
ghoti Offline
Twizzled vaper
Mod Makers and Sellers

Yes non delivery is easy to prove... but what about claims of "not as advertised" or "faulty"?
Its protected as such but still open to abuse Sad

Claim to fame: I survived the Decadent Vapours Mask o' Menthol Loco on the 2/2/13 Smiling
05/01/13 12:52 PM
likeatrainwreck Offline

Re: RE: Mechanical mods
(05/01/13 12:52 PM)ghoti Wrote:  Yes non delivery is easy to prove... but what about claims of "not as advertised" or "faulty"?
Its protected as such but still open to abuse Sad

Very true... I run an online retail business, and the only time we ever have any issues is when someone claims something doesn't work or is broken... No way to prove otherwise and it is generally not financially viable to have the item returned to us.
05/01/13 12:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
ghoti Offline
Twizzled vaper
Mod Makers and Sellers

This is a reason I prefer to sell to "active" members as I feel less likely to be tricked.
However buying I take my chances... Smiling

05/01/13 01:07 PM
Swiss Offline

Likes Given: 66
Blimey, didn't know about all this PayPal lark!
How do I go about being an "active" member? I might be a bit slow here but am I missing something?

Mods: Provari Mini, Caravela, Luxe Chocolate Mod.
Atty's: eBaron The Dripper Pro, Vella Latina Drip tank, Luxe Hybrid Dripper, Origen Dripper, Igo-l, Igo-s, GP Spheroid V2, Kayfun Lite+
05/01/13 01:14 PM
likeatrainwreck Offline

(05/01/13 01:07 PM)ghoti Wrote:  This is a reason I prefer to sell to "active" members as I feel less likely to be tricked.
However buying I take my chances... Smiling

I agree completely, although I do think that being an active member does not always equate to having lots of reputation points. I think this was Swiss' issue, he is obviously an active member, having posted almost 100 times since November, but he wasn't allowed to buy from someone as he has no reputation... I like to look at a persons entire history on the forum before I do a deal with them. Anyway, this is getting mightly off topic now Wink
05/01/13 01:15 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes likeatrainwreck's post:
Swiss (05/01/13)
trog100 Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 11
Sex: Undisclosed
Quote:As long as the buyer has a verified paypal address and you as the seller only send to that address, and use a trackable delivery service then you are covered if the buyer tries to make a fraudulent claim of non delivery.

if you have put your claim to the test a few times and proven it correct i will take more notice of it.. otherwise its more theory than reality..

proving the fraudulent claim is the hard bit.. ebay might well claim to have seller protection.. its that good we treat the whole game as seller beware.. its a guilty until you prove your own innocence scenario with a judge that is both slow and biased .. plus paypal sit on your dosh while it all goes on.. he he

most deals will go through no problems.. so it dosnt matter that much..

trog

05/01/13 01:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)