Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Microcoiling a KayFun Lite
Mr Reman Offline
The original Reman. Accept no substitute

Likes Given: 690
Sex: Male
RE: Microcoiling a KayFun Lite
Well, I gave it a try yesterday. It looked odd seeing the whole compacted coil glowing when I was so sure it was going to cause a dead short. I still can't work out why it's not shorting, And this bugs me !!!!

I didn't have any cotton so I threaded it with some 2mm ekowool instead. It seems pretty good like this, I still can't make up my mind if it's any better than an "Open" coil with the same ekowool yet though. Needs more vaping to make up my mind.......... Well, There's the rest of today sorted out for me (All in the name of research !!! Smiling ).

Reman.

You can lead an MEP to water, But you can't make him drink........ Although, You COULD just drown the corrupt bastard while you're there !!

25/08/13 01:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Ducati_Dreaming Offline
Beardy Ducati Rider

Likes Given: 37
Thanks for an excellent tutorial, I have recently bought a KFL and I really fancy giving this a go. I have thought about using cotton before and like the idea of it but having to change it every day or two puts me off. Do you have to change cotton so often?

Saying that I am new to this game so I dont really know how often I need to change my silica wick, I go about a week or two before stripping my atty down and putting in a fresh one. How often should I change it?

Cheers

26/08/13 02:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Vapealicious Offline

Likes Given: 60
Sex: Female
Thanks ever so much for this. Vapemail will be bringing me a cherry ProVari mini and a Kayfun Lite within the next week or so and I've been looking for a good step-by-step starting point, so cheers for taking the time to produce this tutorial. Just ordered myself some 0.3mm Kanthal and 3mm Ekowool as per your advice. I'll let you know how I get on.

26/08/13 09:01 PM
Nimbus Offline

Likes Given: 107
Gonna give this a go tonight Smiling
Anyone tried a micro coil/cotton setup on a taifin GT? Any issues with the chamber flooding?
27/08/13 11:17 AM
Leek Offline
By Riker's Beard

Likes Given: 55
Anyone done a microcoil on a genny with a ss wick?
27/08/13 12:04 PM
Mr Reman Offline
The original Reman. Accept no substitute

Likes Given: 690
(27/08/13 12:04 PM)Leek Wrote:  Anyone done a microcoil on a genny with a ss wick?

I did have a go at this before I got my KFL, But it didn't go very well. Problem was that I had nowhere to push coils that were earthing out on the wick.

I played with the idea of making a wick and putting a sheath of hollow ekowool over the top 10mm as a sort of electrical insulator, Then trying to thread it all into a micro coil, But in the end I decided that I had better things to do with my time than to spend half a days worth of it fiddling to put it all together on the off chance it brought something new and interesting to the vaping table.

Reman.

You can lead an MEP to water, But you can't make him drink........ Although, You COULD just drown the corrupt bastard while you're there !!

27/08/13 12:14 PM
Baldy Offline
Presumtion is the mother of all fxxx ups

Likes Given: 1,676
Think I might try a micro coil on my dripper and see how it goes Tinker

27/08/13 12:43 PM
Bionicmunky Offline
The Vaping Ape

Likes Given: 15
Sex: Undisclosed
(25/08/13 01:20 PM)Mr Reman Wrote:  Well, I gave it a try yesterday. It looked odd seeing the whole compacted coil glowing when I was so sure it was going to cause a dead short. I still can't work out why it's not shorting, And this bugs me !!!!

I didn't have any cotton so I threaded it with some 2mm ekowool instead. It seems pretty good like this, I still can't make up my mind if it's any better than an "Open" coil with the same ekowool yet though. Needs more vaping to make up my mind.......... Well, There's the rest of today sorted out for me (All in the name of research !!! Smiling ).

Reman.

How are you getting on with the microcoil + 2mm ekowool mate - I may try this today.

What did you wrap the coil around?

JT

28/08/13 10:31 AM
Buxton74 Offline

Likes Given: 1,468
Just gave this a go. One word... wow!

Never tried a cotton wick or a microcoil before so not sure which bit is impressing me the most, but I can tell you all that Shire Malt Pipe Sauce never tasted so good. It's an absolute fog machine, even at lower wattage. Impressive.

Big Grin

"True wisdom comes from knowing that we know nothing"

http://www.facebook.com/lee.buxton
28/08/13 09:36 PM
jhericurls Offline

Likes Given: 14
Sex: Undisclosed

Re: RE: Microcoiling a KayFun Lite
(28/08/13 09:36 PM)Buxton74 Wrote:  Just gave this a go. One word... wow!

Never tried a cotton wick or a microcoil before so not sure which bit is impressing me the most, but I can tell you all that Shire Malt Pipe Sauce never tasted so good. It's an absolute fog machine, even at lower wattage. Impressive.

Big Grin

You know what they said, once you go microcoil... You go blind Wink
28/08/13 09:38 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes jhericurls's post:
Buxton74 (28/08/13)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)