Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
National No Smoking Day - Controversial Piece!
freddo Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 32
Sex: Male
National No Smoking Day - Controversial Piece!
Hi Guys, I've just posted our thoughts on national no smoking day, and how we think e-cigarettes weave into the dynamic. Would be great to hear your feedback on what's been written.

1) The Office of national Statistics reported that by 2014 smoking prevalence was now down to 19% helped primarily by the fact that 2.30 million users were now vaping. That report stated that 41% of ecig users (943,000) were now non smokers.

2) This week the Office Of National Statistics has reported its findings for 2015. Adult smoking prevalence has reduced down to 17.20% – a near 10% drop from the previous year.

The rising popularity of ecigs has seen a dramatic drop in adult smoking rates within the UK over the past 3 years. This success has been in spite of and not because of any Public Health media campaigns such as this week’s National No Smoking Day. There is still a significant reluctance for both Public Health and Tobacco Control to legitimately recognise that the success in reducing smoking rates over the past few years as being solely due to the emergence and popularity of vaping. NRT products haven’t changed. Public Health policy was initially set against ecigs, yet smoking rates have nevertheless declined as more and more smokers turn to vaping – a 95% safer option for smokers.

- See more at: https://www.misteliquid.co.uk/blog/natio...LSfHQ.dpuf

08/03/17 12:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 5 users Like freddo's post:
appleroe (09/03/17), Buzzman (08/03/17), Jazzy J (09/03/17), Paul (08/03/17), Stuart0001 (13/03/17)
Amazing Vape Offline

Likes Given: 979
RE: National No Smoking Day - Controversial Piece!
Thanks for sharing. Smiling

A site about the facts and history of vaping (but most probably never): http://www.amazingvape.weebly.com
08/03/17 07:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
ShagDoubt Offline
MV Pilot

Likes Given: 418
Looking hard for a bit of "controversy " and think I've found it in your use of the word "solely".

I thought that due to the price of fags/social pressure/health awareness campaigns/NRT , smoking was on the decline anyway.
(I could well be wrong though) Wink

Vaping will be the major factor of course.
Smiling

22/03/17 02:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Loganberry Offline

Likes Given: 5,155
Sex: Undisclosed
I find it controversial to use a twat chat phrase - "weave into the dynamic".
It makes me want to vomit.
22/03/17 02:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Loganberry's post:
nisam (23/03/17)
TomET Offline

Likes Given: 329
The ONS report also says 4m in the UK have stopped using e-cigs. I have seen elsewhere that 50% of these went back to smoking which seems to tell me that 2m have used it as a cessation device and then quit vaping. Why do e-cigs never seem to get the credit for that ? , 2m over the last 3 years is worth shouting about I would think. Some people are now saying we shouldn't use the "quit" word but let's be honest , vaping is the perfect way to quit smoking. There are plenty of ANTZ telling lies about it without us starting !
22/03/17 10:38 PM
Toby | iVapour Offline
eGoer
Vendors

Likes Given: 1,773
(22/03/17 10:38 PM)TomET Wrote:  Some people are now saying we shouldn't use the "quit" word but let's be honest , vaping is the perfect way to quit smoking.

I thought the "don't use the 'quit smoking' phrase" was advocated some time (years) ago, when it was feared it would make it seem like e-cigs are a medicinal product, while there was no evidence to show it...

Now that e-cigs have been reasonably endorsed by both Public Health England and the Royal College of Physicians, I would hazard a guess that you can say "use as a quit aid" as much as you like...

But personally I just recommend e-cigs as an alternative to smoking.. and let those that use them feel the benefits... Wink

iVapour.co.uk - Janty UK Supplier; the original eGo.
iVapour-elixir.co.uk - Silver Bullet, mods, and spares.
The EU TPD is not a victimless crime...
23/03/17 01:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)