Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New blog on MHRA costs
Caerulea Offline
NNA UK

Likes Given: 730
Sex: Undisclosed
New blog on MHRA costs
We had a look at the figures given by the MHRA for licenses.

We advise you are sitting down before you read it.

http://www.eccauk.org/index.php/latest/e...-game.html

05/09/13 07:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Caerulea's post:
FlamingKaty (05/09/13)
sjace Offline

Likes Given: 110
Sex: Male
RE: New blog on MHRA costs
A difficult calculation I know, but I wonder (assuming initial funding), what the price of 30ml of liquid (for example) would have to be to enable any manufacturer to recoup costs??

05/09/13 08:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Squiggs Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 19
~I think this would make a ejuice the most expensive liquid in the world

05/09/13 08:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
mago Offline

Likes Given: 205
Bloody Hell!

Shall we have a whip-round?

"There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over" FZ.
05/09/13 08:54 AM
Caerulea Offline
NNA UK

Re: RE: New blog on MHRA costs
(05/09/13 08:31 AM)sjace Wrote:  A difficult calculation I know, but I wonder (assuming initial funding), what the price of 30ml of liquid (for example) would have to be to enable any manufacturer to recoup costs??

I think the reality of this is that any newish business entering the ecig market would only run a very limited selection of flavour & strengths.

Do we know anyone that has done that recently?

05/09/13 09:00 AM
dodderer Offline

Likes Given: 306
I've probably said this elsewhere,but if you look at it on an individual product basis,you could say that someone like Ecigwizard may sell £5,000 of each product per year on average.

If you assume a 50% margin,it would take the company 800 years to make sufficient gross profit to cover the cost of a £2m licence - so much for encouraging a lively and innovative medicinal marketFacepalm
05/09/13 09:26 AM
treeboa Offline

Likes Given: 373
what was it the CON servative gov said, we support small buisiness -- further proof they talk out thier arses

05/09/13 10:06 AM
sjace Offline

Likes Given: 110
(05/09/13 09:26 AM)dodderer Wrote:  I've probably said this elsewhere,but if you look at it on an individual product basis,you could say that someone like Ecigwizard may sell £5,000 of each product per year on average.

If you assume a 50% margin,it would take the company 800 years to make sufficient gross profit to cover the cost of a £2m licence - so much for encouraging a lively and innovative medicinal marketFacepalm

Or... Cut down to one or two appallingly overpriced (possibly ineffective) products, eventually forcing people to either quit completely or go back to tobacco..... 'quit or die' !!

05/09/13 10:12 AM
Caerulea Offline
NNA UK

(05/09/13 10:12 AM)sjace Wrote:  
(05/09/13 09:26 AM)dodderer Wrote:  I've probably said this elsewhere,but if you look at it on an individual product basis,you could say that someone like Ecigwizard may sell £5,000 of each product per year on average.

Or... Cut down to one or two appallingly overpriced (possibly ineffective) products, eventually forcing people to either quit completely or go back to tobacco..... 'quit or die' !!

I think BAT already have that business model in place with Vype.

05/09/13 10:22 AM
itsmeitis Offline
Account Closed

Likes Given: 1,308
Sex:
(05/09/13 10:22 AM)Caerulea Wrote:  
(05/09/13 10:12 AM)sjace Wrote:  

I think BAT already have that business model in place with Vype.

and perhaps not forgetting ECITA founding members including e-lites, whom too would find it quite easy to absorb potential costs.
05/09/13 12:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)