Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Newbie needs some help from northern vapers
martysmith87 Offline

Likes Given: 67
Sex:
Hi Guys

Firstly i hope its alright posting on the northern forums just seems to make more sense for some of the questions i have sorry in advance if not.. could admin send it to the right thread if not please

Right a quick low down been vaping over a month now but sick of going through different atomizers/clearomizers and mods already to get the right fix this is were you guys come in.

Been taking advice from the electronic cigarette shop on shields road and done bit of online ordering

firstly i started with an GS EGO II and basic plastic single coil atomizer/clearomizer and 6mg nicotine as i was previously on 20-30 light cigarettes a day

well it goes without saying the plastic single coil atomizer/clearomizer
just didnt cut it and started getting a burning taste quickly

so i popped back into the shop and they reccomended a kanger aerotank mini which was immense but refilling upto 4 times a day wasnt practical and it was a nightmare to get the right sections to seperate plus it threaded and locked up and leaked which was frustrating

so i ordered online a kanger protank 3 which was crap for flavour or vapour and an eleaf gs not bad at all plenty of flavour but it couldnt keep the liquid coming at the rate i was hammering it

so i went back to byker e-cig shop explained my issue's and upon some research and also there reccomendation for a decent clearomizer i got a mini nautilus aspire which was great started getting burning taste into a week so i then changed coil and also whilst i was at it after the 30mins waiting for it to soak i primed it and i thought i try my new eleaf 10W mod but instantly got a lungfull of burnt smoke which was horrible but why?

which lead me to joining today as i am sick of wasting my time and money plus i am agitated lol down to using the crappy plastic clearomizer i had spare until tomorrow as no e shop i can find in newcastle is open on a sunday how stupid there missing a trick there..

anyhelp for a new vaper who needs atomizer/clearmizer thats used to being hammered with about 10ml eliquid per day and why's my eleaf mod cooking my coils??

many thanks

Martin
31/05/15 07:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes martysmith87's post:
peterwhetzel (19/03/16)
MrDJjim Online

Likes Given: 252
Sex:
RE: Newbie needs some help from northern vapers
im a southerner so cant reply sorry Sad

JOKE

sounds like youve been messed about a bit which doesnt help when your new to this game.
the only bit of kit that ive got is the mini nautilus which is a great tank but it needs a good mod/battery to run it.
ive got the istick30 and 50 and they are great with this tank. filling it is quite easy as i think it only holds about 2.5ml

what wattage were you running the coils at and which were they for the nautilus, BVC are the new coils.

this is the istick30 http://myepack.co.uk/istick-30w.html

31/05/15 08:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrDJjim's post:
martysmith87 (31/05/15)
martysmith87 Offline

Sex:

Its not your fault Facepalm just kidding!

cheers for the help!

its the ileaf 10W runs from 3.3-5.0

have you got two pics so i can find what coil i have please..

i do like the nautilus just need the right e-liquid and set up!!

do you live in the north east? im off work tomorrow so i want to get this sorted asap and go to a reccomended shop

thanks
(This post was last modified: 31/05/15 08:55 PM by martysmith87.)
31/05/15 08:53 PM
MrDJjim Online

Sex:
im a Londoner mate so a bit out of your way for a road trip lol

the nautilus with BVC coils run at roughly 14watts so you ileaf isnt powerful enough to get the full advantage from the coils.

their are 2 versions of the BVC coil that look exactly the same. 1.6ohm and 1.8ohm (i honestly cant tell any difference between them).

cant really see much in this picture http://myepack.co.uk/accessories/aspire-...-head.html
the box that they come in should have a yellow sticker with BVC on it.
if you look closely around the rim it should say 1.6 or 1.8

this is my nautilus on my istick30

31/05/15 09:17 PM
martysmith87 Offline

Sex:

So why would the coil burn out then? i just cant get the jist of this and its getting frustrating

how much do you hammer it in a day liquid amount used and how long until you replace coil?
31/05/15 09:24 PM
MrDJjim Online

Sex:
ive had 4 bad coils but the good ones last me a good 2-3 weeks at least. as long as i keep it below 14watts. the older the coil the lower i turn the wattage to get the full use out of the coil.
depending on juice i use one for all fruit and sweets which can be topped up without a washout.
a separate coil for custards and another separate one for heisenburg and pink man.

during the week its used mainly in the evenings so can get through about 5ml juice. at weekends its in my hand all day and i chain vape so can get through 15-20ml a day.

what nicotine level are you using and what make of juice.
you shouldnt be getting burning though as you are running at a low wattage. its a strange one.

31/05/15 09:36 PM
martysmith87 Offline

Sex:

is it the norm to come across a bad coil or two?

im using a shops own blend premium e-liquid at 6mg nicotine

i just want something to last and enjoy it over a week

could do with a locals opinion on what shops they would reccomend just so i can get an idea on whats to offer locally

cheers
31/05/15 10:01 PM
yahoo2u2 Online
Vaping is NOT a crime, banning it is

Likes Given: 482
Sex: Male
Well you are hitting a wall. I am surprised you dissed the pro tank. These are reliable and easy to use. I think 6mg is far too low, so you are hitting the nic level too much. Try 12 or 18mg. I went to 36mg and moved down.

What ratio is the juice you are using, burning can be a too thick juice not getting to the wick quick enough.
Look for 50/50 and see how that goes. Usually 70/30 is common and fine.

Smile, it wont hurt you, go on try it......or not, freedom of choice I suppose.
(This post was last modified: 31/05/15 10:19 PM by yahoo2u2.)
31/05/15 10:16 PM
martysmith87 Offline

Sex:

i will try the 12mg anything that will help

i just prefer the adjustable air flow and the tank works just ever get much taste seems to be more vapour

i dont know there bottles are labeled by themselves and no ratio is on them
willl look into that as the one i have been using is nice but quite thick

still need someone local to reccomend me some shops

please keep the advice coming guys

cheers
31/05/15 10:27 PM
martysmith87 Offline

Sex:

Well just a little update ive upped to 12mg nicotine with the jedi punk range
but on another shops advice they looked at the coils in my nautilus and realised there fakes hence the instant burnout i was getting also tried the kager protank3 with my elaf 10w and it works great so all sorted now next mission start making my own e liquid as its costing a fair wack im a heavy vaper just enjoy it too much lol

cheers for the advice
02/06/15 05:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)