Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Newbie needs some help from northern vapers
MrDJjim Offline

Likes Given: 259
Sex:
RE: Newbie needs some help from northern vapers
where did you buy the coils? report the fekers.
all coils come in a box with a scratch off section that you type online to check their authenticity > http://www.aspirecig.com/

02/06/15 05:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
martysmith87 Offline

Likes Given: 67
Sex:

The shop was the electronic cigarette shop in byker shields road newcastle but i dont want to slate them as the other shop was surprised they sold dodgy ones and theyve been good in every other sense to me and i got him to check the other stuff i got and it was legit he did also mention some of the suppliers out there are dodgy but he's quick to notice when they end up in a batch

He showed me them side by side and i was amazed the difference in markings and the holes for the e liquid on the fake were tiny in comparison to the real deal abit annoying like and to get a lungful of burnt cotton was like inhaling the filter off a burning cigarette
02/06/15 08:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 202
Sex: Male
(02/06/15 08:23 PM)martysmith87 Wrote:  The shop was the electronic cigarette shop in byker shields road newcastle but i dont want to slate them as the other shop was surprised they sold dodgy ones and theyve been good in every other sense to me and i got him to check the other stuff i got and it was legit he did also mention some of the suppliers out there are dodgy but he's quick to notice when they end up in a batch

He showed me them side by side and i was amazed the difference in markings and the holes for the e liquid on the fake were tiny in comparison to the real deal abit annoying like and to get a lungful of burnt cotton was like inhaling the filter off a burning cigarette

It's a learning curve, so many variables. Protank 3 mini with stock coils should work OK with the 10w istick mini. I rewind them with cotton/Rayon which is good at 15w on an Istick 30w, and the build quality is in your control. I'm lucky I guess, since learning the ropes (a month or two after starting ecigs), I've been really happy with my kit.
02/06/15 09:06 PM
superpredator Offline
F**cking Clown Shoes

Likes Given: 86
Sorry for your troubles mate - stick with it, you'll get there in the end.

If you want an introduction to mixing and a bit more, check out my sticky post here

http://ukvapers.org/Thread-Confused-Read...ry-science

The post in the thread has updates, but the download has some useful pictures that will help with your mixing and measuring.

And Grizwald's guide to mixing, also very useful.

http://ukvapers.org/Thread-GRIZWALD-s-GU...NGS-MIXING

Good luck mate.

72 The world's foremost peevish curmudgeon. Railing against the cretins since 1967.

Today's incandescent rage aimed at: Everyone. Take your brain for a shit so I can use your skull as a bongo. And I fucking hate bongos.
03/06/15 12:20 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes superpredator's post:
martysmith87 (01/07/15)
greencloud Offline
cheapskate

Likes Given: 33
I've not been to that shop in byker, I often use the one on Market St in town (Vaporized) as its handy near work and haven't had any duff coils or owt. Theyre pricey for kit though and their range is limited but improving.

Funky vapours in benwell is a bit better. I haven't been there in a while but they generally have plenty of stock and a decent range. Always seem to be shut when I need something though (evenings or Sunday).

I wouldn't even bother with the one in Blaydon precinct. He has almost no stock and isn't really arsed - must just be a hobby or a front for money laundering or something!

In all honesty, I prefer to shop local but it doesn't work well for vape stuff. I get the odd bottle of juice or coils but for any kit they just can't compete with the likes of myepack.
03/06/15 05:57 AM
martysmith87 Offline

Sex:

(02/06/15 09:06 PM)MDC Wrote:  
(02/06/15 08:23 PM)martysmith87 Wrote:  The shop was the electronic cigarette shop in byker shields road newcastle but i dont want to slate them as the other shop was surprised they sold dodgy ones and theyve been good in every other sense to me and i got him to check the other stuff i got and it was legit he did also mention some of the suppliers out there are dodgy but he's quick to notice when they end up in a batch

It's a learning curve, so many variables. Protank 3 mini with stock coils should work OK with the 10w istick mini. I rewind them with cotton/Rayon which is good at 15w on an Istick 30w, and the build quality is in your control. I'm lucky I guess, since learning the ropes (a month or two after starting ecigs), I've been really happy with my kit.

please go into more detail re rewinding? do you mean just replace the cotton in the coils? if so please show a link or explain and how hard is it to do?

(03/06/15 12:20 AM)superpredator Wrote:  Sorry for your troubles mate - stick with it, you'll get there in the end.

If you want an introduction to mixing and a bit more, check out my sticky post here

http://ukvapers.org/Thread-Confused-Read...ry-science

The post in the thread has updates, but the download has some useful pictures that will help with your mixing and measuring.

And Grizwald's guide to mixing, also very useful.

http://ukvapers.org/Thread-GRIZWALD-s-GU...NGS-MIXING

Good luck mate.

Lol im not giving up like im enjoying it way too much hence the 12mls a day lol, been asking on the mixology forum for help to try and replicate what im using its like a berry/cherry menthol with a hint of vanilla but no luck do far

thanks again!!
(This post was last modified: 03/06/15 09:10 PM by martysmith87.)
03/06/15 09:06 PM
martysmith87 Offline

Sex:

(03/06/15 05:57 AM)greencloud Wrote:  I've not been to that shop in byker, I often use the one on Market St in town (Vaporized) as its handy near work and haven't had any duff coils or owt. Theyre pricey for kit though and their range is limited but improving.

Funky vapours in benwell is a bit better. I haven't been there in a while but they generally have plenty of stock and a decent range. Always seem to be shut when I need something though (evenings or Sunday).

I wouldn't even bother with the one in Blaydon precinct. He has almost no stock and isn't really arsed - must just be a hobby or a front for money laundering or something!

In all honesty, I prefer to shop local but it doesn't work well for vape stuff. I get the odd bottle of juice or coils but for any kit they just can't compete with the likes of myepack.

There flavours are pretty good at byker just pricey birds r tweeting is very nice trying to replicate it like but no luck on similar mixes so far, its funky vapours on elwick road? that sorted the dodgy coils out for me wasnt that impressed with his e liquid fllavours
03/06/15 09:14 PM
superpredator Offline
F**cking Clown Shoes

Likes Given: 86
could the flavour be a red astaire clone, anyone? sounds a little similar?

72 The world's foremost peevish curmudgeon. Railing against the cretins since 1967.

Today's incandescent rage aimed at: Everyone. Take your brain for a shit so I can use your skull as a bongo. And I fucking hate bongos.
05/06/15 12:27 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes superpredator's post:
martysmith87 (06/06/15)
martysmith87 Offline

Sex:

(05/06/15 12:27 PM)superpredator Wrote:  could the flavour be a red astaire clone, anyone? sounds a little similar?

you got a link for this in concentrate? or even normal so i can look at the flavours please?
06/06/15 08:45 PM
freshlywicked Offline

Likes Given: 323
Sex: Undisclosed
https://www.chefsvapour.co.uk/t-juice-co...taire.html

Drip Driving....Policeman
19/06/15 02:09 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes freshlywicked's post:
martysmith87 (01/07/15)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)