Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please read: Man fecks up face using unregulated mod
xxxxx Offline

Likes Given: 57
Sex:
RE: Please read: Man fecks up face using unregulated mod
How come it was hot enough to explode,but cool enough to hold?
How come the explosion knocked his teeth out and broke his sink?
Scorched the walls but not his hair/Beard/Eyebrows/eyelashes?

Vaping is just another habit
17/01/17 07:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 3 users Like xxxxx's post:
fridgemagnett (17/01/17), Loganberry (17/01/17), Vapeoholic (17/01/17)
Jazzy J Offline

Likes Given: 1,690
Sex: Male
iv had a couple of direct shorts and the outer shell gets heated rather than the coil,
it got that hot I couldn't hold on to it never mind unscrew the base Mad
just doesn't make sense to me? if its chucking flames up the wall why would you still hold on to the bloody thing?

17/01/17 09:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 2 users Like Jazzy J's post:
fridgemagnett (17/01/17), MatthewGivingUp (18/01/17)
MjrTom Offline
Floating 'round my tin can...

Likes Given: 307
Sex: Undisclosed
Given all the bad press vaping gets this Is a low blow.
A number of so called friends tagged me on FB to let me know about this, some fking idiot goes and injures himself and the next thing is the authorities start using it for their own gains...

Just waiting for DM to get their hands on it, they must be rubbing their hands in glee...

MODS: RX200, VT75 Nano, VF Lite, iPVD3, Pico, Elfin Mini, Mini Volt Kit, Tesla Stealth.
TANKS: TFV8 Baby, Atlantis Evo, Crown, Cleito, Aromamizer 25, Avocado 24, Limitless Plus.
RDA: Petri v2, Tugboat v2, Tsunami 22 & 24
Squonk: Pico, Petri v2 BF, Hastur 2S
17/01/17 10:47 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes MjrTom's post:
fridgemagnett (17/01/17)
Vapewhore Offline
Miss.Bee-Haven

Likes Given: 1,388
Sex: Female
What a wanker!
17/01/17 11:06 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vapewhore's post:
taffyjock (17/01/17)
Stevethesax Offline
Out, damn'd spot

Likes Given: 329
It does rather raise a few questions.

I'm a bit surprised by the injuries. Sure, the pictures are spectacular - but there's something curious about them.
I often have 'near misses' when I'm doing close-quarter gas soldering - and my own (embarrassing) experience suggests that if you get a flame anywhere near close enough to your face to burn the skin, it'll take out any hair above it first...typically eyebrows and eyelashes. So I'm left wondering how he got that burn to his cheek, but seems to have retained his lashes and brow above.
A small, horizontal forced jet of flame (from, say, one of those 'blue flame' cigarette lighters) will obliterate hairs at around 4 inches away (you can try this at home, kiddies) - so I'm genuinely amazed that he only appears to have lost some of his 'tache.

I'm also a bit concerned about the evident ewwww factor. If you've ever seen anyone who's suffered a burn, your first instinct is not 'ewwwww' but 'ooowww'. This is because burns really hurt...and they stay hurting for a good long while.
I can't say I'm particularly experienced when it comes to looking at burns (other than my own), but those I have seen have been surrounded by a great deal of redness.
And people with painful burns tend to look pained.

I didn't read much of the blurb, but I noticed there were no specific references to the piece of kit that exploded.
I could be wrong, but it seems to me that when a vaper moves on to anything much larger than an Ego, they're all over the names and the specs. It put me in mind of that bint from the papers who claimed to be knocking back thirty quid's worth of juice every week....on a cigalike (and just the one, mind).
There was also some mention of having it coiled - which I also found a bit odd, especially for someone who's been vaping a year or so.

And then there's the issue of what happened prior to the explosion.
I haven't had that many run-ins with my mods. I had one incident that caused a bit of grief - which turned out to be down to my placing a hot water bottle on my lap while I had a mech mod in my pocket. When I pulled it out for a vape I thought the bloody thing was three seconds from a meltdown....which is about how long it took me to get to the door and chuck the thing outside.
The only other issue was indeed down to a short - and being wise to the hotty botty scenario my checklist went something like: Hotty botty in vincinty? No. Mod hot? Yes. Conclusion: Dead short! Run away!!
And that was just a Shockli 18350 in a Stingray, with short in the Phoenix atty (1.6ohm single coil).
But in neither case did I even begin to consider grabbing a swift toke before taking appropriate action.

Maybe he got (slightly) lucky. Maybe the burns were from a glancing flame, and maybe there really was no warning that the battery was about to go nova...and maybe he's just too stunned to feel the pain (yet). If that's the case then I wish him a speedy recovery from his unfortunate experience...but if you asked me to put a bet on this being the whole story, I think I'd pass.
17/01/17 11:09 AM
[-] The following 7 users Like Stevethesax's post:
Brig (17/01/17), Cheekiecharlie (17/01/17), fridgemagnett (17/01/17), Jazzy J (17/01/17), Sputs40 (17/01/17), Vapeoholic (17/01/17), Wonko (17/01/17)
fridgemagnett Offline

Likes Given: 1,134
I think FAKE too. No swelling, no redness, no burned hair, and no details.
We will probably get a few 'false flags' so the authorities can justify taking away our batteries, or restricting their use in some way.
(This post was last modified: 18/01/17 01:33 AM by fridgemagnett.)
17/01/17 02:58 PM
Vapeoholic Offline

Likes Given: 1,559

No matter HOW you vape enjoy YOUR style and be very proud of the fact that you no longer smoke.
17/01/17 04:09 PM
[-] The following 11 users Like Vapeoholic's post:
Cheekiecharlie (17/01/17), fridgemagnett (18/01/17), hachi (17/01/17), MatthewGivingUp (18/01/17), MDC (17/01/17), nosmo (17/01/17), PixelChef (17/01/17), QuinnDexter (17/01/17), slidey_adz (17/01/17), TomET (17/01/17), Vapewhore (17/01/17)
Barnweld Offline

Likes Given: 592
NEWSFLASH!

FAKE NEWS!
17/01/17 06:10 PM
Vapewhore Offline
Miss.Bee-Haven

Likes Given: 1,388

See, now that's true shit right there! unlike the lying cockwomble that's made up the exploding pipe bomb mod story.....

..... I hope the duck makes a full recovery HeHe!
17/01/17 06:51 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vapewhore's post:
Vapeoholic (17/01/17)
MjrTom Offline
Floating 'round my tin can...

Likes Given: 307
Sex: Undisclosed
(17/01/17 06:10 PM)Barnweld Wrote:  NEWSFLASH!

FAKE NEWS!

That's my suspicion it was doing the rounds on FB that his girlfriend is a makeup artist Wink

Pretty sick if true...

The "story" seems to have been picked up by a wide media coverage now.

Edit: its come to light that he was using a 0.06ohm build with an LG HG2
No wonder it ended badly.

MODS: RX200, VT75 Nano, VF Lite, iPVD3, Pico, Elfin Mini, Mini Volt Kit, Tesla Stealth.
TANKS: TFV8 Baby, Atlantis Evo, Crown, Cleito, Aromamizer 25, Avocado 24, Limitless Plus.
RDA: Petri v2, Tugboat v2, Tsunami 22 & 24
Squonk: Pico, Petri v2 BF, Hastur 2S
(This post was last modified: 18/01/17 01:22 PM by MjrTom.)
17/01/17 09:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)